Football Gambling

Started by murph468, Sep 12, 2010, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Alright, 2 for 2 to start the college season with another parlay last week, hitting Oklahoma and the under against FSU.

One play today:

Sorry Ophidiophobia and Crispy

Texas A&M -4.5
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ophidiophobia

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 24, 2011, 09:07 AM
Alright, 2 for 2 to start the college season with another parlay last week, hitting Oklahoma and the under against FSU.

One play today:

Texas A&M -4.5
Yeaaaaaaah about that... hope you didn't lose too much. Remember 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Ruckus

Quote from: ophidiophobia on Sep 25, 2011, 12:24 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 24, 2011, 09:07 AM

One play today:

Texas A&M -4.5
Yeaaaaaaah about that... hope you didn't lose too much. Remember 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
I forgot to mention that it was the 1st half ;)

Had to pawn my Brett Favre Jets jersey and a set of chopsticks :-\

Ruckus

Giants +3
Ravens +7

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 20, 2012, 11:09 AM
Giants +3
Ravens +7

Those are tough.  Man, those guys know what they're doing.  If I were forced, I would go low on the Ravens.  I wouldn't touch NY/SF.

Ruckus

Quote from: Jon T. on Jan 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
Giants +3
Ravens +7

Those are tough.  Man, those guys know what they're doing.  If I were forced, I would go low on the Ravens.  I wouldn't touch NY/SF.
If you put a gun to my head I like both dogs to win straight up on the road but I'll take the points

Ruckus

Giants +3
Ravens +7

You're welcome ;)

Jane

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
Giants +3
Ravens +7

You're welcome ;)

hey ruckus do you go to delaware park to play? i played the last 10 weeks or so and came out on top over all.

Ruckus

Quote from: Jane on Jan 23, 2012, 09:35 AM
Giants +3
Ravens +7

You're welcome ;)

hey ruckus do you go to delaware park to play? i played the last 10 weeks or so and came out on top over all.
I've never been.  It's a little far for me but I guess it's a short trip across the border for you huh?

Ruckus

Quote from: Jane on Jan 23, 2012, 09:35 AM
Giants +3
Ravens +7

You're welcome ;)

Can't beat finishing the season ahead right?  That's all you can ask for.  So I just checked the Delaware park website.  You can't bet single games on the spread?  No over/under.  It's just parlays?  Is that correct?

Jane

yeah just parlays with a minimum of 3 picks. i started by beting their 1/2 spread but they also offer teaser spreads and super teaser spreads. i stopped betting the 1/2 point spreads becuase they were just too tough to cover. i won a bunch on the super teaser. a couple of times i picked 10 games and covered all the spreads.

since there werent many games to pick you were able to pick probowl and superbowl with the spread -4 nfc and +4 afc for both of those games.

i work with two guys that live about 10 mins away from the park so they put my bets in for me every week.

Ruckus

Alright!  BH reminded me of this thread.  Per usual, week one was a success and is invariably followed by week 2 failure as Vegas makes their adjustments.  Hit on all three last week with the Pats, Cardinals, and Bucs and have zero confidence this week.

So:

Indy +1.5
New Orleans -2.5
Baltimore +2.5

Murph

I stick to strictly teasers or money line parlays first few weeks.

G-Men -1
Pats -7 1/2
Bengals -1/2
Texans -1

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Murph on Sep 13, 2012, 10:08 PM

G-Men -1
Pats -7 1/2
Bengals -1/2
Texans -1

The Browns are only getting a 1/2 point in Cincy???  I know the Ravens made the Bengals look like the Bungals, but Cleveland couldn't beat the Eagles at home despite Mike Vick's best efforts to hand them the game?!  Not to mention that Joe Haden is yet another defensive starter that will be missing from the game.  I'd take Cincy to cover that spread easy...

Murph

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 14, 2012, 10:51 AM
Quote from: Murph on Sep 13, 2012, 10:08 PM

G-Men -1
Pats -7 1/2
Bengals -1/2
Texans -1

The Browns are only getting a 1/2 point in Cincy???  I know the Ravens made the Bengals look like the Bungals, but Cleveland couldn't beat the Eagles at home despite Mike Vick's best efforts to hand them the game?!  Not to mention that Joe Haden is yet another defensive starter that will be missing from the game.  I'd take Cincy to cover that spread easy...

No no, these spreads are with the teaser I took which allows you to add or subtract 6 points from each spread.  So the Browns were really getting 6 1/2 points, G-Men were giving 7, Pats were giving 13 1/2, Texans were giving 7.  Payout is alot less, but obviously it's much easier to hit

Ruckus

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 13, 2012, 12:16 PM
Alright!  BH reminded me of this thread.  Per usual, week one was a success and is invariably followed by week 2 failure as Vegas makes their adjustments.  Hit on all three last week with the Pats, Cardinals, and Bucs and have zero confidence this week.

So:

Indy +1.5
New Orleans -2.5
Baltimore +2.5
Changed my picks.  Going with

Houston -7.5
Baltimore +2.5
St. Louis +2.5

Good luck Murph :beer:

Murph

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 16, 2012, 07:31 AM

So:

Indy +1.5
New Orleans -2.5
Baltimore +2.5

Houston -7.5
Baltimore +2.5
St. Louis +2.5

Good work man.  The fucking Cardinals?!  As a Jets fan I'll take it though

Ruckus

Quote from: Murph on Sep 17, 2012, 01:12 AM

So:

Indy +1.5
New Orleans -2.5
Baltimore +2.5

Houston -7.5
Baltimore +2.5
St. Louis +2.5

Thanks man.  Can't complain with a 6-0 start :cool:  As a Jets fan I'll take it as well although I had the Pats in one of my Eliminators.  People have been sleeping on this Cards team man and that's why I loved the first week play on them.  Great D and team that is finding ways to win.  Looks like the NFC West is finally turning the tables on the rest of the league. :grin:

BH

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 17, 2012, 10:55 AM
Quote from: Murph on Sep 17, 2012, 01:12 AM

So:

Indy +1.5
New Orleans -2.5
Baltimore +2.5

Houston -7.5
Baltimore +2.5
St. Louis +2.5

Thanks man.  Can't complain with a 6-0 start :cool:  As a Jets fan I'll take it as well although I had the Pats in one of my Eliminators.  People have been sleeping on this Cards team man and that's why I loved the first week play on them.  Great D and team that is finding ways to win.  Looks like the NFC West is finally turning the tables on the rest of the league. :grin:

Ha!   Just noticed there are only 4 undefeated teams in the NFC (maybe 3 after tonight) and two of them are NFC West team.    Bizarro world.    Rams are definately going to be more entertaining this year, that's for sure.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

They've beaten top quality opposition as well BH!

Green Bay -3.5
Houston -1.5
Tampa +7.5