Main Menu

Mountain Jam V

Started by bold99, Jan 09, 2009, 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

QuoteSpeaking of the damned hippies, dead.net is breaking my heart this morning.   :'(

yeah I don't know anyone who got in....site was all jammed up.

were those pre-sale? i know one person who got a ticket.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

Yeah, presale.  The general onsale is on the 24th.

Looks like the server crashed.  Probably not the best idea to do all the presales at the same time.   ::)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bold99

I've yet to hear of anyone (except Penny above) that got a tix.  the site completely crashed.  I think the reg sale is actually 1/23.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ALady

Is it?  I thought the presale ended on the 23rd, and the regular onsale was on the 24th?

Eeek, I better not mess this one up.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Kenny76

MOUNTAIN JAM!  I've been planning on going since I realized I can't afford Bonnaroo this year.  Now I'm itchin' to see the lineup.

Kenny76

NoVa_NoLa

Initial line up released:  (http://www.mountainjam.com/)

May 29-31 -- early bird tix next Monday (Jan. 26)

Franti & Spearhead
Ray LaMontagne
Coheed & Cambria
Derek Trucks Band
The Hold Steady
Richie Havens
Jackie Green
Girl Talk
Tea Leaf Green
Porter Batiste Stolz
Railroad Earth
Brett Dennen
Lee Boys
U-Melt
The MacPodz
The Brew

el_chode

QuoteInitial line up released:  (http://www.mountainjam.com/)

Franti & Spearhead - his/their new album annoys me
Ray LaMontagne - will bring the ladies
Coheed & Cambria - WTF is this now emo-fest? o-ver-ra-ted
Derek Trucks Band - cool
The Hold Steady - awesome
Richie Havens - neato
Jackie Green - not familiar
Girl Talk - not familiar
Tea Leaf Green - Thank You Stef Scamardo for making me perfectly happy never hearing another song from this band ever again. Why not rename Sirius 17 the Warren Haynes and TLG channel, or really, TLG with occasional songs featuring Warren
Porter Batiste Stolz - expected a lot, somewhat underwhelmed, would still like to see live as opposed to studio
Railroad Earth - awesome awesome awesome too bad we can't get some From Good Homes
Brett Dennen - don't know
Lee Boys - don't know
U-Melt - awesome
The MacPodz - don't know

Sounds like a solid lineup with enough worth checking out. Must see how funds shape up
The Brew
I'm surrounded by assholes

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteInitial line up released:  (http://www.mountainjam.com/)

Franti & Spearhead
Ray LaMontagne
Coheed & Cambria
Derek Trucks Band
The Hold Steady
Richie Havens
Jackie Green
Girl Talk
Tea Leaf Green
Porter Batiste Stolz
Railroad Earth
Brett Dennen
Lee Boys
U-Melt
The MacPodz
The Brew

Oops...left off Gov't Mule... ;D

I saw Jackie Green for the first time last weekend.  Reminded me of a bluesier Bob Dylan.  Apparently, he's a youngster (looked 20'ish) who has been playing out with the likes of Phil Lesh.  He was on Jam Cruise and some friends thought he was great.  I wasn't as impressed, but I was more concerned at that point with finding food.  :)

I enjoy Brett Dennen. Saw him at High Sierra 4 or 5 years ago -- great voice, sings feel good songs.

Lee Boys -- if you heard Robert Randolph before he got signed and miss that sound, checkout the Lee Boys.  They still do it right!

PBS -- love a lot of what Porter and Stolz do separately outside of this band.  Batiste is a distraction.  His fans call his drumming "poly-rhythmic", but to my ears what he does is play lots of different rhythms throughout the song -- not different rhythms at the same time.  

This lineup doesn't grab me, but there's still a lot of time for them to fill it up with good stuff.

Ruckus

Ehh

To be honest, I think the band I'd wanna see most is Coheed (never seen them).  I've never seen Brett Dennen live but his albums make me think he's not a great live performer although his new album has some more upbeat stuff.  

Kinda fed up with Franti (I get your message).
Richie Havens = Cool

Never listened to any Railroad Earth - will check out
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

DirtyJerzee

There should be a few decent addition, but as of now it looks solid for a regional fest. I caught The Lee Boys and PBS last year and they both sounded great. If anyone goes to MJ I suggest checking them out.

el_chode

QuoteEhh

To be honest, I think the band I'd wanna see most is Coheed (never seen them).  I've never seen Brett Dennen live but his albums make me think he's not a great live performer although his new album has some more upbeat stuff.  

Kinda fed up with Franti (I get your message).
Richie Havens = Cool

Never listened to any Railroad Earth - will check out

If you want to get a good feel for RRE check out Elko, it's an official concert release.

I once sold guitar strings to Todd Scheaffer (singer from RRE). He was going on and on about how he has to fly all the way to CA to do a show with Phil Lesh like it was a chore, and I'm thinking "oh. It really sucks to be you, having to go out to CA to hang out with Phil Lesh. Let me go back to selling you these guitar strings, and then look forward to having to sell them to the next pimple faced asshat trying to play Smoke on the Water in the corner for the next 45 minutes".

I'm surrounded by assholes

Kenny76

Allmans are playing too.  I'm there.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteAllmans are playing too.  I'm there.

I hope the Allmans tour this summer, they usually come to Pittsburgh. Phish and Allman Brothers this summer would be great. :)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

QuoteAllmans are playing too.  I'm there.

I hope the Allmans tour this summer, they usually come to Pittsburgh. Phish and Allman Brothers this summer would be great. :)

The Allmans coming to Pittsburgh during the summer is like senior citizens buying lottery tickets.....tickets are cheap and easy and when you buy them theyre HOT
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

NoVa_NoLa

Some additions to the line up:

Umphrey's McGee, The Grateful Dead's Bill Kreutzmann featuring Otiel Burbridge and Scott Murawski, Gomez, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe and The Gene Ween Band

Sooooo great to see KDTU playing this event!

Kenny76

QuoteSome additions to the line up:

Umphrey's McGee, The Grateful Dead's Bill Kreutzmann featuring Otiel Burbridge and Scott Murawski, Gomez, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe and The Gene Ween Band

Umphrey's McGee - nice!  this lineup is getting better and better.   i don't know yet if I'm going though, despite my initial enthusiasm.  i take it you're going, Sha?

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteSome additions to the line up:

Umphrey's McGee - nice!  this lineup is getting better and better.   i don't know yet if I'm going though, despite my initial enthusiasm.  i take it you're going, Sha?

The timing of this event (and Crawfish Fest in NJ) is not good for me ...actually, it's great for me, stinks for the job.  I am hopeful that if I can make it at the last minute someone will have space for me in their cottage.  I'm not much of a camper.  :-[