Main Menu

Mountain Jam V

Started by bold99, Jan 09, 2009, 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold99

Not sure if anyone on here has been to this Fest but if you are looking for a really well run, fairly inexpensive festival with good music at a really beautiful location you should consider this one.  Its a medium sized fest.  No show is ever too crowded where you can't get right up front and they never have two bands playing at the same time.   MMJ played this a few years ago and i've seen a ton of great acts.  Can't wait for this year.

Mountain Jam V

www.mountainjam.com

Our opening story on Wakarusa has put us in a festival state of mind today, so we figured we'd share the latest about another annual event. Mountain Jam will return to Hunter Mountain in upstate New York for a fifth year on May 29-31. Once again Radio Woodstock and Warren Haynes will present the fest, with the line-up announcement set for the week of January 19. To this end, the festival notes, "This year we're going to continue to diversify our lineup; we'll have a little something for everyone! We love introducing hot new artists into the festival scene, and we know you dig it too! We're going to bring in a third stage for the late night crowd in the campgrounds, with scheduled entertainment to keep it going well into the night..." Early bird tickets are set to go on sale Monday, February 2.

Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ALady

I want to do some straight hippie fests this year.  Either something like this or 10klf.

Thanks for posting, bold!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bold99

QuoteI want to do some straight hippie fests this year.  Either something like this or 10klf.

Thanks for posting, bold!

You get that at this one but you also get diversity.  Warren had Sharon Jones and the Dapkinds, Drive By Truckers, Jackie Greene, Mofro...along with the Mule, Ratdog and some other jammy bands lastd year.  Its a great mix.

ALady

Oh man.  You know I'd be into it if DBT showed up.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bold99

they played at like 2pm on sunday last year right before Levon Helm and Ratdog....great day of music.  Love DBT.

bearass

im probably gonna hit up wakarusa this year its right down the road from me in the beautiful ozark mountains sounds like a good place to let my mind do some wandering

BH

Quoteim probably gonna hit up wakarusa this year its right down the road from me in the beautiful ozark mountains sounds like a good place to let my mind do some wandering

I may just see you there.  We are kicking it around.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bearass

Quoteim probably gonna hit up wakarusa this year its right down the road from me in the beautiful ozark mountains sounds like a good place to let my mind do some wandering

I may just see you there.  We are kicking it around.

kick it in the balls man! hopefully we can chill more than our abbreviated meeting at the show

although im hoping some better names will be announced

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm not really big into the jam scene, music's ok, the scene kind of annoys me, Hunter mountain is beautiful though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

bold99

QuoteI'm not really big into the jam scene, music's ok, the scene kind of annoys me, Hunter mountain is beautiful though.

The fest is pretty diverse...not just jambands.  

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI'm not really big into the jam scene, music's ok, the scene kind of annoys me, Hunter mountain is beautiful though.

I'm sure it is, and I can handle SOME jambands, but if it's 10,000 hippies wandering around Hunter for a weekend, I'd rather not be there. I'm not trying to put it down, I'm sure it's a good time, but...probably not for me.

mjkoehler

The boys set from a few years ago was really good. I rememeber seeing pics and thinking looked like a nice place.

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2006-06-04.km184.flac16

bold99

I'm sure it is, and I can handle SOME jambands, but if it's 10,000 hippies wandering around Hunter for a weekend, I'd rather not be there. I'm not trying to put it down, I'm sure it's a good time, but...probably not for me.

I understand your point but I think its 10,000 music fans.  My friends and I are FAR from hippies though and we go.  I think any fest you go to you're going to get a little of that element unless its Lollapoluza or something.

mjk73 I've been to a ton of fests and see a lot of music, its one of the best settings to see live music i've ever experienced.  Beautiful up on the mountain and really cool enviornment.  Low security and great people.

Murph

I've been planning on going to this festival for awhile now, has the official lineup for this year been released yet?

Penny Lane

i am thinking about this festival, too---it's between this and bonnaroo--i like the thought of a smaller, more scenic festival w/less phish fans (lol).

ghosts-are you going to bonnaroo?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotei am thinking about this festival, too---it's between this and bonnaroo--i like the thought of a smaller, more scenic festival w/less phish fans (lol).

ghosts-are you going to bonnaroo?

Most likely. Not getting VIP this year though. I'm looking forward to seeing phish actually.

capt. scotty

jeez...buncha Phish haters on this board, makes me wanna cry  :'(

Whats the big deal with going to a show/festy with a bunch of drug-seeking, fun-loving hippies??

are they really ruining your experience??

it seems a lot better to me than the fratboys and phonetalkers who seem to be at every MMJ show these days, no?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

Quotejeez...buncha Phish haters on this board, makes me wanna cry  :'(

Whats the big deal with going to a show/festy with a bunch of drug-seeking, fun-loving hippies??

it seems a lot better to me than the fratboys and phonetalkers who seem to be at every MMJ show these days, no?

I know there's some Phish fans here. I'm really excited for the Post-Gazette show! This will be my second Phish show.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

You see the show at Star Lake in 2003 True??

Ive seen them over 40 times, and that show was def 1 of the top few Ive seen, if not the best

They always bust out nasty shows in the Burgh
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotejeez...buncha Phish haters on this board, makes me wanna cry  :'(

They kind of just annoy me really. Last Bonnaroo, this kid just walks into my friends screen tent and starts trying to sell us shit, he himself was wasted on something...he looked like he was fucked up on heroin actually but who knows. Anyways, two undercover cops come over, take him away (Which sucks, I kind of felt bad for him), then they start questioning us, finally they leave us alone, when one of that kids dirty hippie friends comes over to us and says " We gotta do something, man...we gotta go beat the shit out of those cops...man."  ;D OK, dude, lets go fuck up some cops. Get the fuck out of my face, I'm trying to listen to music and chill with my friends and drink. Granted, thats an extreme, and there are some cool hippie folk out there, for the most part they just get on my nerves. Oh, and I'm not a Phish hater at all.