Main Menu

TV on the Radio

Started by shockadow, Aug 19, 2008, 09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shockadow

If ya don't know, you're missing out.  
Yhis is from stereogum,  click the linky, it's a sick new song!!!

[size=20]New TV On The Radio - "Golden Age" & Dear Science, Album Art [/size]

Your Tuesday afternoon just got 100% more great. "Golden Age" is the first listen from TV On The Radio's forthcoming return from Cookie Mountain, titled Dear Science, (comma included, thinking its epistolary). It will probably make you dance. Don't be fooled by the dry tones on the "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" bass groovy intro, things do open up -- not quite in the same way they perfected last time out, it's a slightly modified mix coming from Sitek: horns and strings, synths and handclaps, polyrhythm in the pulse, vocals melting all over the horizon. Tunde (Oops, it's Kyp) is pitching "a golden age, coming around." (I definitely hear Celebration's Katrina Ford in there, too.) Pretty triumphant, guys. Have a listen at //tvontheradio.com. Yes, that is Kyp shirtless and afroless.

Dear Science, is, out, 9/23, via, Interscope. Here's your cover:

Classy. But no comma? "Golden Age" is track five, which means it isn't even the best intro to the album, which means "Halfway Home" now please.

01 "Halfway Home"
02 "Crying"
03 "Dancing Choose"
04 "Stork & Owl"
05 "Golden Age"
06 "Family Tree"
07 "Red Dress"
08 "Love Dog"
09 "Shout Me Out"
10 "DLZ"
11 "Lover's Day"

TV On The Radio On Tour:
09/05 - Portland, Oregon @ Roseland Theater*
09/06 - Seattle, Washington @ Showbox*
09/12 - Boise, Idaho @ Knitting Factory Concert House*
09/13 - Salt Lake City, Utah @ In the Venue*
09/14 - Morrison, Colorado (Monolith Festival)
09/19 - San Diego, California (San Diego Street Scene Festival)
09/20 - San Francisco, California (Treasure Island Festival)
10/10 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania @ Electric Factory#
10/11 - Providence, Rhode Island @ Lupos#
10/13 - Boston, Massachusetts @ Wilbur Theatre#
10/14 - Brooklyn, New York @ Masonic Temple#
10/15 - Brooklyn, New York @ Masonic Temple
10/16 - Brooklyn, New York @ Masonic Temple
10/18 - Cincinnati, Ohio @ Bogarts#
10/19 - Indianapolis, Indiana @ Vogue Theatre#
10/20 - Minneapolis, Minnesota @ First Ave#
10/21 - Minneapolis, Minnesota @ First Ave#
10/22 - Chicago, Illinois @ Riviera#
10/24 - New Orleans, Louisiana (Voodoo Festival)#
10/25 - Atlanta, Georgia @ Tabernacle#
10/26 - Knoxville, Tennessee @ Bijou Theatre#
10/28 - Dallas, Texas @ Lakewood Theatre#
10/30 - Austin, Texas @ Stubbs#
10/31 - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma @ Diamond Ballroom#
11/06 - Los Angeles, California @ Wiltern#
* w/ Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson
# w/ The Dirtbombs

Buy tix at tixmaster.
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

Penny Lane

i really liked return to cookie mountain---what's up w/playing in brooklyn at the masonic temple? what is THAT venue??
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

red

Young Liars is one of my favourite EP's ever.  And I still remember looking at about a dozen record stores for Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes about a week after its release.  It's still one of my favourite albums from this decade.  They were pretty much my favourite band for quite some time after that.  Return to Cookie Mountain was my favourite album of 2006, so needless to say, I'm ridiculously excited for this.

I saw them in New York in 2006 with Grizzly Bear opening, that was such a great show.  

I'm also absolutely loving "Golden Age".  

Kris

Quotei really liked return to cookie mountain---what's up w/playing in brooklyn at the masonic temple? what is THAT venue??

Not sure, but they're from Brooklyn.

DavidCrosby

Quotei really liked return to cookie mountain---what's up w/playing in brooklyn at the masonic temple? what is THAT venue??

Not sure, but they're from Brooklyn.

...it is a venue, they are from Brooklyn, and that place is so cool to see a show....the acoustics are amazing.....one time I bumped into one of them (the guitar player) and he was really cool to talk to....see them if are into this band at all....they are amazing and I love how the bass player has a wind chime at the end of the neck where the tuning pegs are....you can't really hear it but I thought it was a cool thing to have on your bass....
listen to vinyl

DavidCrosby

I saw them in New York in 2006 with Grizzly Bear opening, that was such a great show.  

...jealous, where was that show...
listen to vinyl

shockadow

i think the Arcade Fire played the Masonic Temple, too...
O, How time flies, with crystal clear eyes.  But it's cold, it's cold, when you're ending with diamond eyes.

The DARK

http://mog.com/Michael_Goldberg/blog/185347#comments

Another new song, Dancing Choose. Very much in the vein of "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)"
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

That first song you posted Im liking alright Shock, that one DARK just posted though Im not feelin at all

As far as the rock/indie/whatever scene goes, I really dont listen to much these days because I guess its just not my style, but I like their sound

Ive actaully wanted to get Cookie Mountain for a while, but now that I think about it, I havent even bout an album period since Evil Urges im pretty sure. I liked a lot of what I heard from that album

Should I start with Return to Cookie Mtn. or something else regarding them?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

...vacuuman...

i can say with full confidence (having listened almost non-stop for 3 days) that this record kills.
$240 worth of puddin'

The DARK

From what I've heard so far, this is one of the best albums of the year. Really. The entire album is crazy good.

wolof

Wow! I cannot believe that they could top their already impeccable catalog but jeez this is already sounding like it will be my favorite album by them.  

Cheers to the horns and prince-like grooves

MarkW

This is on my "to buy" list tomorrow.  Looking forward to it already.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

Same here Mark. TVOTR and KOL all on the same day. Too....much....awesomness

wolof

any chance this will make its way to vinyl? I haven't been able to find it but I have seen DYBTB and i believe Cookie Mtn. as well on wax?

The DARK

QuoteSame here Mark. TVOTR and KOL all on the same day. Too....much....awesomness

Don't forget Dead Confederate.  ;)

mjkoehler

QuoteSame here Mark. TVOTR and KOL all on the same day. Too....much....awesomness

Don't forget Dead Confederate.  ;)
Oh shit, that's today too? Damn, My wallet is getting just a wee bit thinner moreso today.

MarkW

First listen in the car today.  Wow.  Need to listen some more, but it's an astonishing piece of work; like all of my favourite bits from the last two albums, distilled and improved.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

What an absolute masterpiece.  Reminds me why they used to be my favourite band in the world.  

"Lord if you've got lungs.  C'mon shout me out."  

mjkoehler

What up K. BH is right, all is right in the world. You back for good?

Listening to this right now. Damn f'n fantastic.