What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Nice snags!

How does that Wild Race EP sound? Is that the picture disc?

Ruckus

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 21, 2013, 10:34 PM
Nice snags!

How does that Wild Race EP sound? Is that the picture disc?
I think it sounds solid.  It's just the black vinyl.  I didn't even know there was a picture disc.  The Country Mice is a preorder (comes out 2/19) and I hope it sounds better than their debut album which sounded awful on vinyl.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Fully

OOO Ruckus, you got the new Arbouretum! That reminds me I need to get it. How is it?

headhunter

Ruckus-  I used to love that TTD album and have played it a ton.  I still spin it on occasions.  A very good listen.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ruckus

Quote from: Fully on Jan 22, 2013, 01:55 AM
OOO Ruckus, you got the new Arbouretum! That reminds me I need to get it. How is it?
they can do no wrong in my mind.  excellent!

Ruckus

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 22, 2013, 10:37 AM
Ruckus-  I used to love that TTD album and have played it a ton.  I still spin it on occasions.  A very good listen.
yeah i saw it for a few bucks at the record store before xmas and had to snag it.  i wore out my dad's cassette back in the late 80's was it?  so nostalgic and a great listen for sure.

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 22, 2013, 10:46 AM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 22, 2013, 01:55 AM
they can do no wrong in my mind.  excellent!
YES! Looking forward to that Country Mice record too.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jeff Murray

Just ordered the following....

Brown Bird - Salt for Salt
Deftones - Koi No Yokan
Clutch - Earth Rocker
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Crispy

Just received a kickass package from Karate Body:

(Wax Fang - Mirror Mirror)

(Louisville Is for Lovers 2009)

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

YouAre_GivenToFly

and a long overdue upgrade!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

YouAre_GivenToFly

i still need to get summerteeth and being there!

e_wind

i bought their "holiday bundle" vinyl boxset off their site. 120$ + you get a shirt and a Live show DL. great deal.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 29, 2013, 01:00 PM
i bought their "holiday bundle" vinyl boxset off their site. 120$ + you get a shirt and a Live show DL. great deal.

i bought the kicking television boxset back in 2011 on that black friday special they do. amazing set with 4LPs... less than $50.

headhunter

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jan 29, 2013, 01:03 PM

i bought the kicking television boxset back in 2011 on that black friday special they do. amazing set with 4LPs... less than $50.

I think the Kicking Television vinyl box set is one of the greatest vinyl live albums I own.  I play it as much as I play Okonokos.  Which means ALOT!!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 29, 2013, 01:05 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jan 29, 2013, 01:03 PM

I think the Kicking Television vinyl box set is one of the greatest vinyl live albums I own.  I play it as much as I play Okonokos.  Which means ALOT!!

Yep... i got it out last night to play a bit. The photography is great, the packaging is great, and of course it sounds fucking great.

YouAre_GivenToFly

I figured out what my tax return is this year... and right now I've got about 1/5th of it in my shopping cart at Music Direct.

Jeff Murray

I should be getting the following bundle of reissues from Third Man Records soon:

The Mississippi Shieks
Blind Willie McTell
Charley Patton
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Crispy

That is a hell of a deal, and I'd have gotten it if I didn't already have all but two of those records.

Arrived yesterday:

Interesting format, fours sides of 10" clear orange goodness

YouAre_GivenToFly