ATTENTION NYC Fan Forum Members

Started by CC, Feb 16, 2011, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynwa

Quote from: ynwa on Feb 16, 2011, 11:25 AM
ok.  this is really strange & i'm not explaining now out of fear of jinxing myself :-X

edit: must add that i have NOT rec'd the email yet, nor do i have any kind of inside scoop (i so wish i did).

hate to quote myself, well, if i'm being honest - i don't hate to quote myself all the time but, ANYWAY...

i have my iPod set to shuffle for my alarm.  this morning, tom waits' "cold cold ground" woke me up & as i was struggling to get out of bed, i thought of tom waits' storytellers gig (my introduction to tom waits, the musical & lyrical genius he is) & wondered what had happend to the show (storytellers) in general.  NO LIE. 

i guess since i've sent in my submission i won't be jinxing myself by saying this "out loud" now.  or should i say i hope? 

i loved this show & am very excited to see all of the good stuff that's coming down the pike for us.
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Ghosts_on_TV

The thought of potentially getting tickets for this is consuming my brain.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

The chances of hearing new songs at this are pretty high, I think, as it'll most likely air around the time or after the new album drops.

Penny Lane

Quote from: ynwa on Feb 16, 2011, 11:39 PM
Quote from: bluesky on Feb 16, 2011, 08:24 PM
Sent mine in earlier today as soon as I found out, did it so fast forgot to write on it that I found out about the tickets from being a member of the forum. Duh! Went back added that info in and resent it. Could really blow my chance or totally make it  :P

didn't see anything in the rules about only 1 entry per person, so - can't see how it would hurt to re-submit.  actually, based on that, i think it would help more than hurt.  :thumbsup:

i didn't mention that either..
i hope they take them in the order they received them--they SAID to respond back quickly..if all these people are taking the time to write their thesis, then i'm screwed.  >:(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ellisintransit

I haven't checked in to the forum in a while and had no idea there was an announcement coming.  I watched the email from the band hit my inbox yesterday, and like bluesky got freaked out about the "tickets will go fast" thing.  I'm near Nashville, but I have a job that allows me to take last minute time off.  SO, I went ahead and got approved for the time off and sent my email to the people in less than 10 minutes.  I was concise with my reasons for liking the band (hopeful that a previous trip to see them in New York mixed with the 18 other times I've seen them across the country would be enough.)  But now I too am worried that I didn't send them a deep enough synopsis of my love of all things MMJ.  I WANT TO GO SO VERY BADLY!  Haha. 

I'm sure everyone in this thread can agree with that sentiment.  There is not one other band in this world that could get me to make a last minute trip halfway across the country.  Ah to be an MMJ fan!  But yeah, if those booking people make their way into this forum...ellisintransit (Kris Ellis) has the time and money to make this trip from Nashville!  Hook it up!  Hahahaha!

marshmeli

Quote from: BH on Feb 16, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Feb 16, 2011, 04:02 PM
If cities we're children of MMJ Louisville would be the fat child that they lied to when they said they love each of their children the same, where as NYC would be the talented brain surgeon that made them proud.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the NYC child owns the studio where VH1 records Storytellers.

also VH1 is based in NYC, as for studios though, VH1 (or MTV N) does not own studios for these shows, they rent spaces, dress them, and then film in them... past places for Storytellers have been Avalon (what was Limelight) in NYC and BAM in Brooklyn

br00ke

BAM is in my neighborhood .. i'd be stoked to go there as i know some really excellent spots for a post-show get together while we share in the OMG feeling  :thumbsup: hope we hear so0o0on!!!

marshmeli

Quote from: CC Baxter on Feb 16, 2011, 01:07 AM
Hi Forum Friends -

This is a special advance warning just for forum members to pay close attention to your inbox today. We will be making a special announcement through our My Morning Jacket mailing list in the early afternoon.
This will be a unique opportunity for our biggest fans who meet the required criteria. You must be at least 18 years of age, be located in the New York City area, and make yourself available on Thursday, February 24th for the ENTIRE DAY.
Details on what and how to be considered for this opportunity are coming soon! Please specify in your submission that you were tipped off here, on the My Morning Jacket Fan Forum.

Your Friends,
MMJ HQ

do you we need to mention our forum name?

Quote from: br00ke on Feb 17, 2011, 10:52 AM
BAM is in my neighborhood .. i'd be stoked to go there as i know some really excellent spots for a post-show get together while we share in the OMG feeling  :thumbsup: hope we hear so0o0on!!!

they used BAM on 2005 i think, dont think they will go back, i think somewhere in manhattan...

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: marshmeli on Feb 17, 2011, 11:00 AM
Quote from: CC Baxter on Feb 16, 2011, 01:07 AM
Hi Forum Friends -

This is a special advance warning just for forum members to pay close attention to your inbox today. We will be making a special announcement through our My Morning Jacket mailing list in the early afternoon.
This will be a unique opportunity for our biggest fans who meet the required criteria. You must be at least 18 years of age, be located in the New York City area, and make yourself available on Thursday, February 24th for the ENTIRE DAY.
Details on what and how to be considered for this opportunity are coming soon! Please specify in your submission that you were tipped off here, on the My Morning Jacket Fan Forum.

Your Friends,
MMJ HQ

do you we need to mention our forum name?

Quote from: br00ke on Feb 17, 2011, 10:52 AM

they used BAM on 2005 i think, dont think they will go back, i think somewhere in manhattan...

I was wondering if we had to mention our forum name as well. I didnt, but I did mention I heard about it through the forum.

My Morning Tube top

If cities we're children of MMJ Louisville would be the fat child that they lied to when they said they love each of their children the same, where as NYC would be the talented brain surgeon that made them proud.

I hear you but from a Production view point VH1 picks the favorite child not the band.

marshmeli

Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Feb 17, 2011, 11:41 AM

I hear you but from a Production view point VH1 picks the favorite child not the band.

100% correct, but i bet MMJ has no problem promoting themselves and visiting a city they love playing in

br00ke

just got my confirmation e.email  :D :D :D

ALady

HOOOOOOLY CATS

IT'S ALL HAPPENING

I hope we all get in!!!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

eleaf14

man o man o man. there is no way im getting anything done today. feverishly checking the ol inbox.

ALady

Right?

refresh refresh refresh
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Dodobird

No way! Didn't think they would get back to us so quickly! Hope to get one soon!!! Fingers crossed. Good luck to all!
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

My Morning Tube top

Quote from: br00ke on Feb 17, 2011, 12:56 PM

I hope you ask if they saw you rocking out up front for all five nights at T5!

Ghosts_on_TV

marshmeli

SVRDhand13

Quote from: br00ke on Feb 17, 2011, 12:56 PM

Congrats!  When did you send the email asking to be chosen?
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3