Main Menu

Tame Impala

Started by Ruckus, Feb 16, 2011, 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: bigloop on Mar 01, 2013, 07:00 PM
Boston sold out?  They must have just released tix.  At 6:30 tonight I bought a GA floor ticket.

Get in there!!
Hmm.  Sure enough.  Now that I've convinced myself to let it go...  :huh:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

I've decided to forgo the show next week.  Just bad timing.  But this is a nice consolation prize...

Tame Impala on Daytrotter - join Daytrotter!

download

justbcuzido

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 01, 2013, 04:53 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Mar 01, 2013, 11:57 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 01, 2013, 11:01 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 01, 2013, 09:42 AM
I'm starting to seriously consider their show in Boston on March 12th.  Looks like I'm stuck with StubHub, though.  Hmmmm.
So, the Boston show is sold out,  so I'm looking at $48 (StubHub w/fees) and a 90-minute drive.  Convince me...   :undecided:

Actually, I don't know, that might put it past the edge even for me, with that price and the brevity of their show, while awesome, would not be such a great value (last night's show was $17). Not being entirely familiar with their catalog could be a factor too, at least it can for me, depending on the band. Another aspect that made the show great for me was that I was able to get in line an hour before doors and got on the rail, and that might not be doable for you in Boston. Sorry to be talking them up one minute and then trying to unconvince you the next.
No worries, Crispy.  But there is a difference between a $17 ticket for an 80-minute show an hour away and $48 for the same show 1.5 hours away... and on a Tuesday night.  I have really enjoyed everything I'm hearing so far, don't doubt I'd enjoy the show, but I think I'll save it for another time.  Maybe if a cheap ticket appears, I'll change my mind.  I'd rather spend the money on some vinyl, such as their latest, ordered yesterday.

I'm right there with you. They sold out the show at Stubbs in Austin in no time. The cheapest tickets ($20 face value) were going for $70. $70 is just stupid expensive for this band. So I went to the show as I work close by just to see if I could scalp after the show started and people were asking $100. Needless to say, I hung out outside for a little while and listened that way. Free was in my price range that night.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 01, 2013, 05:20 PM
Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Mar 01, 2013, 05:13 PM
Yac, I have the same dilemma.  Could go see them in Montreal (about 2 hours away), but it's on a Monday night and would cost $50.  I really want to see them, but I also need to be sensible.
Sensible sucks, but the more restraint I show now, the better off I'll be when they announce the next big thing.  And I'm spoiled, spending not much more that $50 for 2-3 hour sets from MMJ or under $150 for 3 days of music.  Can't equate a day at Newport, Solid Sound, or Forecastle with Tame Impala on a Tuesday night.

Looks like their Montreal show is at the place where we first met in person, Metropolis!  :beer:

:beer:

It's a great venue and one of my favourites.

Waddy Peytona

I thoroughly enjoyed Tame Impala's show. The band that's touring with them, The Growl, was quite good, too.

We were lucky to get them on a Saturday night in Louisville.

yakeroo

So the bassist left, guess he wants to focus on Pond. Oh well, glad I enjoy both bands.
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/05/tame-impala-announces-surprise-departure-of-bassis.html

I know this is a cover, but it is really good. Can't wait for their Bonnaroo performance.
Tame Impala - Prototype (Outkast cover)

APR

I have yet to see them but that may change fairly soon.  After a long U.S. tour I was surprised to see this on rollingstone.com.......

Despite all the buzz, Parker scoffs at the idea of leaving Australian indie label Modular Records. "We're already spoken for," he says. "We wouldn't just jump ship all of a sudden."

The band is also in the midst of planning a U.S. tour, slated to begin this October. Adds Parker, "It'll be a hoot!"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tame-impala-on-touring-success-and-festival-crowds-20130618

Ruckus

Quote from: APR on Jun 25, 2013, 04:30 PM
I have yet to see them but that may change fairly soon.  After a long U.S. tour I was surprised to see this on rollingstone.com.......

Despite all the buzz, Parker scoffs at the idea of leaving Australian indie label Modular Records. "We're already spoken for," he says. "We wouldn't just jump ship all of a sudden."

The band is also in the midst of planning a U.S. tour, slated to begin this October. Adds Parker, "It'll be a hoot!"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tame-impala-on-touring-success-and-festival-crowds-20130618
and White Denim will be opening a handful of those dates! 
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

Lets hope they come close to my new digs.

Mahgeetah34

I read today that they'll be opening for The Flaming Lips. I seen Tame Impala at Bonnaroo and it was ok, but could've been a lot better. It may have just been me being tired and hungry.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Jun 25, 2013, 04:38 PM

Not that I needed an excuse to get out to see Tame Impala, but with WD opening??? :shocked: 

Are there dates up on the TI website for this fall tour?

APR

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jun 25, 2013, 07:53 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jun 25, 2013, 04:38 PM

Not that I needed an excuse to get out to see Tame Impala, but with WD opening??? :shocked: 

Are there dates up on the TI website for this fall tour?

Dates are up.  It's with the Flaming Lips, who I assume is the headliner.  I'm not as stoked about that.  Maybe they're co-headliners, but I doubt it...... although TI's name is not listed in the same size text as FL on the ticket purchasing page.

No White Denim for the MPP show, but want to go?  I'll check them out based on your enthusiasm.

BH

Finally coming to STL!   With White Denim.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Hawkeye

Tame Impala and White Denim?!  :shocked:  Yeah, I'll go.
We could.

Mr. White

I don't know much about Tame Impala, but I do know a thing or two about Todd! I found this by accident and thought you Tame Impala fans might like it. It sounded pretty interesting, so I found the original to listen to. I might have to investigate a little more.

Tame Impala - Elephant (Todd Rundgren Remix)
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ffghtrs

Love that P522 or something chorus, that was great!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

APR

They're back in the U.S. for a few shows in November.

Their album, "Live Versions" is really good.  The beginning of Half Full Glass of Wine is particularly rocking after Kevin Parker so calmly says "go crazy Chicago."

Come Closer

Jay Watson's solo project as Gum (Delorean Highway) is worth checking out.

easy way

Currents!

Can't wait for the new LP  :thumbsup:
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

Just heard the new single... 'Cause I'm a Man'. 
Kevin Parker has some soul!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."