The T5 countdown to Circuital

Started by CC, Mar 03, 2011, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: BH on Mar 04, 2011, 04:20 PM
They've only played Butch Cassidy 5 times EVER!   

23-Jul 2006   Camden Waterfront   Camden, NJ  (Ghosts was this yours?)
20-Nov 2006   The Pageant   St. Louis, MO  (I saw this one.  :P :P :P)
29-Dec 2006   The Fillmore   San Francisco, CA  (wizzard? danz? walterfredo?)
15-Oct 2010   State Theatre   Portland, ME  (JY?)
18-Oct 2010   Terminal 5   New York, NY
Yep.  I thought it was a new song and embarassed myself with a comment to that effect talking with Bo the next day.  D'oh!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

Quote from: Taterbug on Mar 04, 2011, 12:49 PM
I lost a bet to Walts when the Bears lost to the Pack in the playoffs and lost my Will Ferrel
gif. for a avatar chosen by walts. So I settled on the baby pig wearing Galoshes.
;D ;D ;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

:beer: while jim wore a pair of panty hose hanging off the back of his head.  ;D

capt. scotty

Like many have said, brings you right back. With the news of this, I'll be more bummed than I was when I was forced to go to my highschool graduation and had to eat my Roo tix if MMJ doesnt release all of T5.

Fingers crossed AD is either I Needed It Most or If It Smashes Down. I could settle for Cobra though  ::)

Quote from: Taterbug on Mar 04, 2011, 12:49 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Mar 04, 2011, 12:15 PM
Quote from: Taterbug on Mar 04, 2011, 11:15 AM
WOW...Thanks for the tasty little morsel, BUT I"M FUCKIN STARVIN  ;)  I NEED MORE.

It's ok to be greedy, Right ?

I lost a bet to Walts when the Bears lost to the Pack in the playoffs and lost my Will Ferrel
gif. for a avatar chosen by walts. So I settled on the baby pig wearing Galoshes.

Ahh, yes...Now that you remind me, I still need to pick Ruckus' avatar from our avatar bet.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

Quote from: ms. yvon on Mar 04, 2011, 05:55 PM

:beer: while jim wore a pair of panty hose hanging off the back of his head.  ;D

ahhhhh!   ms y!   how did I miss you as a possibility!  I would say very few could claim 2 BC viewings and I'm not one of them.   Ms Y and Ghosts.  Anyone else?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tdb810

Was Chief Okonoko at that Fillmore show?
.....Back at the Model Home

buymycar

Quote from: ms. yvon on Mar 04, 2011, 05:55 PM

Jim spreading his pixie dust before the show started...Panty Hose and Pixie Dust could be an EP title.

I'll never forget that Fillmore show...busted my MMJ cherry.  I even scored a set list after the show.  For awhile, I had no idea that a lot of the songs they played that night are rarely played.

wakebord

Really hoping for the following:

At Dawn - "Just B/C I Do"
It Still Moves - "Easy Morning Rebel" or "Rollin Back"
Z - "Chills" or "I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man"
Evil Urges - "Aluminum Park" or any of the covers.  You almost have to think it will be one of the songs from Evil Urges or a cover since the rest of the songs are songs that will be on Circuital. 

In other news, I heard the album leaked but will not be searching for it. :(

1978SGJ

at first i thought they were gonna realease a song per day (minus covers of course), then i did the math and realized that it didn't add up.
i'm stoked either way.
thank you MMJ

hoping for...
at dawn - bermuda highway/honest man
it still moves - dancefloors/masterplan
Z - dondante/what a wonderful man
evil urges - remnants/aluminum park

johnnYYac

I'm gonna go with the assumption that each release will be an album track with very little prior live exposure, as with the first download.

TTF- Butch Cassidy
AD- If It Smashes Down
ISM- Rollin Back
Z- Chills or Knot Comes Loose (or Into the Woods?)
EU- Remnants
C- Holdin' on to Black Metal or Out of My System

Maybe BH or someone else can let us know what the rarest (performed live) songs are from each album.  Isn't there a spreadsheet someone did with the frequency of performance for each song?  I know one was done for last year's spring tour, where the setlists were pretty static.  It would be interesting to see what are the least and most performed songs in the last 12 years.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 05, 2011, 12:44 PM
I'm gonna go with the assumption that each release will be an album track with very little prior live exposure, as with the first download.

TTF- Butch Cassidy
AD- If It Smashes Down
ISM- Rollin Back
EU- Remnants

Maybe BH or someone else can let us know what the rarest (performed live) songs are from each album.  Isn't there a spreadsheet someone did with the frequency of performance for each song?  I know one was done for last year's spring tour, where the setlists were pretty static.  It would be interesting to see what are the least and most performed songs in the last 12 years.

Yes, bring on the statistics! I fully support this idea! All the data is in the archive right? Someone just needs to sort through it... should be fun... ;)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

el_chode

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 05, 2011, 12:44 PM

TTF- Butch Cassidy
AD- If It Smashes Down
ISM- Rollin Back
EU- Remnants

If someone has any raw data I can do some excel magic and turn them into purty graphs. I've got no job, so it's not like I've got better things to do (unless the band needs a lawyer with minimal experience)
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ghosts_on_TV

I really hope the ISM download is Masterplan.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Honest Man

At Dawn: If it smashes down
ISM: One in the same
Z: Into The Woods
EU: Remnants or Good Intensions  ;D

The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

ms. yvon

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 05, 2011, 02:52 AM
Was Chief Okonoko at that Fillmore show?
yep!  i think wizzard was there, too.

BH

I AM the spreadsheet nerd as many of you know.   Again, anybody that wants it, just send me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you.  It covers their entire career.

Least played tracks from each album.

1) If All Else Fails    1 Time
2) Butch Cassidy   5 Times

1) If It Smashes Down   1 Time
2) I Needed It Most   14 Times

1) Rollin Back   15 Times
2) One In The Same  18 Times

1) Knot Comes Loose  15 Times
2) Into The Woods 16 Times

1) Remnants  11 Times
2) Two Halves  26 Times

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

wolof7

Quote from: BH on Mar 07, 2011, 10:17 AM
I AM the spreadsheet nerd as many of you know.   Again, anybody that wants it, just send me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you.  It covers their entire career.

1) Remnants  11 Times
2) Two Halves  26 Times

Even tho it's close in the numbers, I still can't believe that One in the Same has been played more times than rollin back
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

BH

Quote from: wolof7 on Mar 07, 2011, 10:52 AM

1) Remnants  11 Times
2) Two Halves  26 Times

Even tho it's close in the numbers, I still can't believe that One in the Same has been played more times than rollin back

That brings up a good point.   My numbers include Jim solo shows which also includes the original MOF tour in 2004 where about half of those One in the sames were performed.

wolof7

Quote from: BH on Mar 07, 2011, 11:27 AM
Quote from: wolof7 on Mar 07, 2011, 10:52 AM

1) Remnants  11 Times
2) Two Halves  26 Times

That brings up a good point.   My numbers include Jim solo shows which also includes the original MOF tour in 2004 where about half of those One in the sames were performed.

That makes sense. I do have a CD recording around that time from the Lupo's show. I believe Jim played Oxen and a few early solo acoustic staples. I should revisit that haven't in awhile.

Also I know Jim played a RS sessions thing around 04-05 (around the release of ISM). The Steam Engine was unreal and I believe can be found on youtube.  I would search but I'm at work right now. I know there was another song or 2 he played which I believe were Masterplan and possibly One in the Same but I am not certain.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee