MMJ & Co Complete Vinyl / Catalogue

Started by e_wind, Apr 18, 2011, 03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

Quote from: danz on Jan 04, 2012, 12:45 AM
Quote from: Im The Dude on Jan 03, 2012, 11:55 PM
I just ordered Z from amazon on vinyl. Does anyone know if all the Z vinyls have "Chills" on it? It only listed the CD track listing on their site.

Pretty sure they do

ok cool. It should be here tomorrow.

By the way, "Z" on vinyl has been limited or sold out on amazon over the Christmas and New Years.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

mynameiscurt

Hey Erbody!

I am looking for a copy of At Dawn on Vinyl and it is alluding me.  Does anyone have an extra copy or willing to sell/trade theirs? 

Get in touch!

johnnYYac

Some good info here:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/My+Morning+Jacket#per=50&p=1&t=Releases_All

Its sort of doing for vinyl what Expresso Beans does for concert poster collectors.  You can manage your inventory, develop want lists, buy, trade, or sell with other members, etc.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

walterfredo

Finally got a turntable yesterday, so excited. My vinyl collections consists of Circuital and Friends again 7 inch.  I have a lot of catching up to do.

Is Ebay my best bet on the older vinyls?  I'd love to get all the albums and EPs, seems like a daunting task.  Any do's and don'ts I need to keep in mind when looking for vinyl?  Total noob here. 

I was about to order the MOF album from their site, but shipping was $15 for a $25 album, please tell me this is not the norm. 

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 13, 2012, 01:00 PM
Finally got a turntable yesterday, so excited. My vinyl collections consists of Circuital and Friends again 7 inch.  I have a lot of catching up to do.

Is Ebay my best bet on the older vinyls?  I'd love to get all the albums and EPs, seems like a daunting task.  Any do's and don'ts I need to keep in mind when looking for vinyl?  Total noob here. 

I was about to order the MOF album from their site, but shipping was $15 for a $25 album, please tell me this is not the norm.
Hey WF.  I just posted about scoring MoF from the UK for $35 shipped.  Its been hard to find domestically and it might have been the shipping that kept me from ordering it directly from their site.  Here's the eBay link.  $35.08 USD includes shipping.

I notice that Elusive Disc has some MMJ vinyl on sale, such as Acoustic Citsuoca for $8.79, It Still Moves for $15.99, and The Tennessee Fire in stock for $24.99. 

I got my vinyl copy of Okonokos new for under $40 through eBay, as well as the three picture discs (EU, Z, and ISM), all three for about $100.  I've also picked up a few 7" singles there.  Amazon carries some vinyl, likely repressings.  I'm pretty sure TTF from Elusive Disc is a Darla release, a 180g repressing.

I don't know if anyone's had experience using Discogs to buy, sell, or trade vinyl, but there's that, too.  Look up a few posts for the link there.  You know Expresso Beans; Discogs is the same, but for vinyl. 

Swedgin

J&R has a great sale going on with free shipping.

http://www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?Ntt=Morning+jacket&N=4536-4294857003

Just a tip to keep from looking like a newbie, call them records or LPs, not vinyls. Records are pressed using vinyl, but they are not vinyls.

Happy collecting! I'm also in the process of getting as many of these releases I can.

Swedgin

johnnYYac

Quote from: Swedgin on Jan 13, 2012, 09:41 PM

http://www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?Ntt=Morning+jacket&N=4536-4294857003

Just a tip to keep from looking like a newbie, call them records or LPs, not vinyls. Records are pressed using vinyl, but they are not vinyls.

Happy collecting! I'm also in the process of getting as many of these releases I can.
Not to nitpick, but I note this thread is not called "MMJ & Co Complete Records and LPs". 

Consequence of Sound refers to the New Multitudes release as thus- "New Multitudes will be released on February 28th via Rounder Records as a 12-track LP and a 24-track limited edition... The album will also be available on vinyl." 

This statement suggests words like "album" or "LP" refer to a work in any format (CD, mp3, cassette, 8-track, or vinyl).  The same can be said of "record" or "EP" (such as the digital-only EP "Live from Las Vegas – Exclusively at The Palms"). 

Maybe you're right, but I never really cared if people who feel the need to refer to others as "newbie" use the term to describe me.  If anyone doesn't know what I mean when I say "vinyl", fuck 'em.
Sorry, not going off on you, just hate labels.  Thanks for those links!  :dankk2:

PS - using the J&R link, all non-CD music products are listed under the term "vinyl".  What a bunch of noobs!  ;)

Swedgin

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 14, 2012, 12:06 PM
Quote from: Swedgin on Jan 13, 2012, 09:41 PM

Not to nitpick, but I note this thread is not called "MMJ & Co Complete Records and LPs". 

Consequence of Sound refers to the New Multitudes release as thus- "New Multitudes will be released on February 28th via Rounder Records as a 12-track LP and a 24-track limited edition... The album will also be available on vinyl." 

This statement suggests words like "album" or "LP" refer to a work in any format (CD, mp3, cassette, 8-track, or vinyl).  The same can be said of "record" or "EP" (such as the digital-only EP "Live from Las Vegas – Exclusively at The Palms"). 

Maybe you're right, but I never really cared if people who feel the need to refer to others as "newbie" use the term to describe me.  If anyone doesn't know what I mean when I say "vinyl", fuck 'em.
Sorry, not going off on you, just hate labels.  Thanks for those links!  :dankk2:

PS - using the J&R link, all non-CD music products are listed under the term "vinyl".  What a bunch of noobs!  ;)

Not to nitpick either, but can you show me anywhere that sells records that calls them "vinyls"? I understand that you can say you are looking to purchase vinyl, record, LP, a 7", 45,  or even wax.  But show me someone who grew up before the CD became the main format used that calls records, "vinyls".

It's really no big deal, but the person who posted looking for records said they were a "total noob". I was merely trying to help out, because I can't find the word "vinyls" at any store that sells records.

You hate labels, and I don't like it when records are referred to as vinyls. I'm pretty sure we can get over it.

e_wind

Ddddoooooooohh jeezus. Tomatoes tomawtoes. WF, If you wanna call 'em vinyls, people will know what you're talking about.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Dillsnufus

is ism out of print? there needs to be a new pressing .
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

johnnYYac

Does anyone know the variations in LP releases of Evil Urges?  Aside from the picture disc, would all other vinyl releases be 180 gram 2-disc gatefold w/CD?  I want to get a better copy to play than the picture disc but prefer it be of highest quality.  Discogs is not being helpful and there are a number of copies out there but few details.

headhunter

I believe domestically there is only one release and that is the 2 lp 180 gram version.  Although it's probably not anyone's favorite mmj release, it could be the best in terms of sound quality of all releases up to that one.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 21, 2012, 09:58 AM
I believe domestically there is only one release and that is the 2 lp 180 gram version.  Although it's probably not anyone's favorite mmj release, it could be the best in terms of sound quality of all releases up to that one.
You successfully convinced me to revisit vinyl with a demonstration of side 4 (or B2) at your house in October 2010 (Smokin' > Touch Me 2 > GI).  Evil Urges is a fine album, albeit the least of MMJs catalog, but a recent post-Circuital listen has me desirous of a good vinyl copy.  There are a few kicking around on eBay or elsewhere, plus on the MMJ merch site.  Just want to get the best sounding version out there.  I had a feeling this post would draw a response from the great headhunter!  :thumbsup:

subinai

i need okonokos on vinyl. having a hard time finding it.

i listened to chocolate and ice  ep for the first time in a long ass time last night and it sitting in the plastic definitely messed it up. does anybody if the residue could be cleaned off? it sounds terrible.

headhunter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 21, 2012, 11:25 AM
Quote from: headhunter on Jan 21, 2012, 09:58 AM
You successfully convinced me to revisit vinyl with a demonstration of side 4 (or B2) at your house in October 2010 (Smokin' > Touch Me 2 > GI).  Evil Urges is a fine album, albeit the least of MMJs catalog, but a recent post-Circuital listen has me desirous of a good vinyl copy.  There are a few kicking around on eBay or elsewhere, plus on the MMJ merch site.  Just want to get the best sounding version out there.  I had a feeling this post would draw a response from the great headhunter!  :thumbsup:

John, i look forward to the day when you and I can get a good vinyl listening session in.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Quote from: subinai on Jan 21, 2012, 03:41 PM
i need okonokos on vinyl. having a hard time finding it.

i listened to chocolate and ice  ep for the first time in a long ass time last night and it sitting in the plastic definitely messed it up. does anybody if the residue could be cleaned off? it sounds terrible.
Yeah, Okonokos vinyl is rare and/or expensive (only one on eBay is $100!  :o ) 
Discogs shows 2 for sale from Denmark, new and sealed, starting at $60.

I have the same residue problem with three copies of C&I.  I looked into cleaning and moved the discs into paper sleeves, but the damage is done.  Even the newer "splatter" version is damaged by the vinyl sleeve.  I wonder why they use the damn things.

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 21, 2012, 04:04 PMJohn, i look forward to the day when you and I can get a good vinyl listening session in.
Me also!

Im The Dude

why doesn't badman release C&I on black vinyl? Was it ever released that way?

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Im The Dude

That's too bad it wasnt release on black vinyl.

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Jan 21, 2012, 12:37 AM
is ism out of print? there needs to be a new pressing .

I found a UK numbered edition on ebay for $25. It sounds much better than the version I got before from amazon which sounds flat. That'd be the one to look for.