Main Menu

Heavy Metal!!

Started by Ruckus, Apr 22, 2011, 09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: CC Baxter on Aug 01, 2013, 11:39 AM
i don't know most of these bands but i'm going.

i've heard nothing but good things about Rectal Smegma.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Quote from: Penny Lane on Aug 01, 2013, 12:58 PM

Publikk Enema has always been a good opener for them
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 01, 2013, 01:29 PM

and especially popular with the ladies....Darkshaft

sorry sorry...i'll quit
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Taterbug

DON'T Google Rectal Smegma,  I'm at work and I think the po po are on the way. I was gonna post an album cover pic but I would be banned from the forum.   
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Fully

I think I've found my new sig, Tater. Eternal thanks.

CC

Quote from: Penny Lane on Aug 01, 2013, 02:59 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 01, 2013, 01:29 PM

and especially popular with the ladies....Darkshaft

sorry sorry...i'll quit

can you believe Built to Spill, Gang of Four and Kurtis Blow are playing the same fest?

pretty crazy line-up.

http://www.incubate.org/2013/line-up

Fully

Kurtis Blow???!!!!! Give me a Kango and sign me up! Rectal Smegma and Darkshaft. This is one for the ages!!!

wolof7

Haven't been on a metal kick in some time but Pelican is really rockin the shit right now!  :drum:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Tired Eyes

That festival looks pretty great.  I'm sorry I will miss it.

True story - I was once checked out at Tower Records in the Village by Kevin Sharp of Brutal Truth.  It was NYE 1996 and I asked him directions on how to get to the PATH train to Hoboken as I was seeing Yo La Tengo at Maxwell's that night.

MrWhippy

Quote from: Taterbug on Aug 01, 2013, 03:11 PM
DON'T Google Rectal Smegma,  I'm at work and I think the po po are on the way. I was gonna post an album cover pic but I would be banned from the forum.

If you want to see what may be the best (or worst?) metal album cover of all time, check out the cover of Carnivorous Erection by Regurgitate.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Fully

Quote from: MrWhippy on Aug 01, 2013, 08:22 PM

If you want to see what may be the best (or worst?) metal album cover of all time, check out the cover of Carnivorous Erection by Regurgitate.

Whippy, I had to look. It didn't disturb me that much, but I'm sure male members might find it traumatizing. (Pun intended)

MrWhippy

Quote from: Fully on Aug 02, 2013, 09:50 AM

Whippy, I had to look. It didn't disturb me that much, but I'm sure male members might find it traumatizing. (Pun intended)

I should maybe clarify so that people don't think I'm any more demented than they already think I am that I don't listen to Regurgitate.  I only know of this album cover as I saw someone at MDF this year who was wearing a Regurgitate T-shirt that was this album cover. 

Regarding that festival lineup that was posted, I'm surprised how few bands I know on it.  Of the bands I do know on it, Dragged Into Sunlight is probably the metal band I've never seen that I most want to see.  Well, either them or Portal.

HansAndreas

Just got tickets to Watains gig in Uppsala, Sweden august 24th. This will be my first Watain show and first death/black metal since maybe Immortal at Roskilde festival in Denmark 2003. This is going to be an unforgettable night. They will tour north america in october so don't miss :thumbsup:
http://youtu.be/WgKyfrdcDwY

alienlanes

Quote from: MrWhippy on Aug 02, 2013, 10:10 AM
Quote from: Fully on Aug 02, 2013, 09:50 AM

I should maybe clarify so that people don't think I'm any more demented than they already think I am that I don't listen to Regurgitate.  I only know of this album cover as I saw someone at MDF this year who was wearing a Regurgitate T-shirt that was this album cover. 

Regarding that festival lineup that was posted, I'm surprised how few bands I know on it.  Of the bands I do know on it, Dragged Into Sunlight is probably the metal band I've never seen that I most want to see.  Well, either them or Portal.

I don't like Regurgitate. That album cover is whack.

Both Dragged Into Sunlight and Portal are fantastic live. I saw them both at MDF, Portal in 2009 and DIS in 2011, I think.

MrWhippy

With great new albums by both Carcass and Gorguts, it's turning out to be a pretty good year for death metal. 

I sure hope Carcass comes back to the US for a proper tour after the small amount of club dates they are doing in Sept.

CC

Quote from: MrWhippy on Mar 26, 2013, 05:39 AM
OK, now this is my favorite metal release of 2013 thus far - Sky Burial by Inter Arma. 

It is really musically varied and psychedelic for a black metal album.  Highly recommended for fans of Agalloch, Wolves in the Throne Room, etc.

same here

Tired Eyes

I'm going to see Black Sabbath tonight!  It will be my first time seeing Ozzy Osbourne in any band.  I saw Heaven and Hell twice in 2007 (RIP Ronnie James Dio).

alienlanes

I saw Sabbath on Aug 14th and it was awesome! Much better than I anticipated.

Only the drum solo sucked!

MrWhippy

Sounds like Black Sabbath are great on this tour from all accounts.  Bummed I couldn't make their show here.

This Thursday I'm seeing a double bill of Inter Arma and Gorguts.  Really psyched about that pairing as both bands have put out seriously brilliant records this year. 

manonthemoon

Pallbearer is hitting the road again with St. Vitis and they have a Baltimore date.  Plus they tweeted out that people should be ready for some new songs at these shows.
Alive or Just Breathing