The NFL Thread: 2011

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 29, 2011, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Dream Team my ass!!  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ChronicHunger

Sam the Ram is gonna lead us to the promise land! Go Rams!

peafunk31

Quote from: capt. scotty on Aug 18, 2011, 10:25 PM
Dream Team my ass!!  ;D

pre-season, my man. pre-season. The birds never show the goods this time of year. That said, good god that was ugly :( Vick looked awful & the birds D couldn't stop a Pop Warner team last night.

Have to admit, the 'burgh looked sharp
Homer no function beer well without.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jane on Aug 16, 2011, 07:45 AM
Probably going to catch flack for this but I'm a Patriots fan. And, even though i stole this name for my fantasy football team, it's still funny.

Wilfork for Food  ;D
You are not alone.  Be loud, be proud! 

Patriots 31, Buccaneers 14
Brady showing no rust
He's dominant in first half as Patriots crush Tampa Bay
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

Quote from: peafunk31 on Aug 19, 2011, 09:56 AM
Dream Team my ass!!  ;D

pre-season, my man. pre-season. The birds never show the goods this time of year. That said, good god that was ugly :( Vick looked awful & the birds D couldn't stop a Pop Warner team last night.

Im there with you on the preseason, but it looks like the Birds will be ran on as they still have nada at linebacker. Our 2nd team offense was still moving the ball against your starters. Your starting O played the whole first half and I think got less than 100 total yards, 3 INT's, and our starting CBs Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden didnt even play. There was a guy Ive never even heard of, Donovan Warren, out there at CB in the 1st quarter  ;D Honestly, I dont think we had 10 INTs collectively all last year, so that was nice to see.

Im sure you guys will be fine, and its not like the Stillers will be slouches this year, but Id be worried if I were you, especially concerning the D. Dion Lewis did have a sweet 40yd run with 5 minutes left at least  :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

peafunk31

Quote from: capt. scotty on Aug 19, 2011, 08:00 PM
Quote from: peafunk31 on Aug 19, 2011, 09:56 AM
Dream Team my ass!!  ;D

Im there with you on the preseason, but it looks like the Birds will be ran on as they still have nada at linebacker. Our 2nd team offense was still moving the ball against your starters. Your starting O played the whole first half and I think got less than 100 total yards, 3 INT's, and our starting CBs Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden didnt even play. There was a guy Ive never even heard of, Donovan Warren, out there at CB in the 1st quarter  ;D Honestly, I dont think we had 10 INTs collectively all last year, so that was nice to see.

Im sure you guys will be fine, and its not like the Stillers will be slouches this year, but Id be worried if I were you, especially concerning the D. Dion Lewis did have a sweet 40yd run with 5 minutes left at least  :D

enjoy it while you can, good sir. 'cause that wasn't the same team you'll see in the regular season. Mark my words
Homer no function beer well without.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

my precious lions are eating yet another one of your delicious teams.  suck it.

Tracy 2112

here ya go Ruckus, have fun

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ophidiophobia

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 08, 2011, 10:23 AM

One of my fantasy football team's is called Dirty Sanchez. I hope the Jets have a good season; them and Atlanta are my Super Bowl picks.

walterfredo

it's going to be another long and painful season in SF  :'(.  I really cannot believe they're putting the ball back in Alex Smith's hands.  wtf!  At least we had the 90's. 

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 08, 2011, 10:23 AM

Did you get lost in his eyes Tracy?  Are you being unproductive at work?  I'm always amazed that the other 10 Jets can gaze into his eyes every 45 seconds then somehow make it to the line of scrimmage and still remember the snap count and play, or what just happened for that matter.

Gerardo Mejía - Rico suave
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

I think Ive awoke each morning for the last week hoping it was thursday....the NFL is back!!!

e_wind

I usually wouldnt say this, but because of my fantasy team.... Let's go Green Bay
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

capt. scotty

I think the best word for this game is old folk style. That was a humdinger. I wish sunday wasnt 3 days away.

ralph

Saverio Rocca used to play in the AFL team I follow - Collingwood.  There is only one player Ive seen who can kick the ball longer and thats his brother Anthony.  Check this out, and keep in mind it took place in a charity match where the teams included ex-players, sports journalists and a couple of comedians. When this game took place he'd been retired for 2 years. Potential NFL punter material?

Anthony Rocca 75 Meter Goal - E.J Whitten Legends Game 2011
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

capt. scotty

I felt like I was watching a video game last night. GB's offense is filthy.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 09, 2011, 07:01 PM

The difference was the Saints 1 turnover, not GB's offense being "filthy"; The Saints had more 1st downs, more total yards, more yards per play and Brees threw for 100 more yards than Rogers. Those are just the stats.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 09, 2011, 08:24 PM

The difference was the Saints 1 turnover, not GB's offense being "filthy"; The Saints had more 1st downs, more total yards, more yards per play and Brees threw for 100 more yards than Rogers. Those are just the stats.

Yeah, and anyone who watched the game knows that those stats were a product of the Saints going down 2 TDs halfway thru the 1st quarter and playing catchup the whole game.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 09, 2011, 09:05 PM

Yeah, and anyone who watched the game knows that those stats were a product of the Saints going down 2 TDs halfway thru the 1st quarter and playing catchup the whole game.

I watched the game; I disagree that the Pack has a better offense than the Saints. They played "catch up" in the 4th quarter, but they didn't need to play "catch up" the whole game; they have Brees. Plus, it was 21-17 in the 2nd, and only down by 1 score throughout the 3rd, that's pretty "caught up" if you ask me.

I'd even go as far as to say the Saints did better against a better defense, too.

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 09, 2011, 10:02 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 09, 2011, 09:05 PM

I watched the game; I disagree that the Pack has a better offense than the Saints. They played "catch up" in the 4th quarter, but they didn't need to play "catch up" the whole game; they have Brees. Plus, it was 21-17 in the 2nd, and only down by 1 score throughout the 3rd, that's pretty "caught up" if you ask me.

I'd even go as far as to say the Saints did better against a better defense, too.

Already!? ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, the NFL has never seen quarterbacking remotely close to this level.  That was the BEST quarterbacked game I've ever seen by both sides in a game ever!  This is no hyberbole.  What Rodgers and Brees were doing with their manipulation of the other team's respective defenses and pinpoint throwing was something I'd never seen before, not even in the best Manning/Brady matchups.  I agree that the Packers have the better D, and consistently put more pressure on Brees throughout the game.  As a result, Brees definitely had to work to get his yards.  BUT, his 3rd down success rate was remarkable.

On the other hand, though his sample size is still small, I already believe that Aaron Rodgers is the best football player I have ever seen period.  He is the total package with only his durability a subject of question.  Otherwise, he is the ultimate football weapon.

I laugh when people talk about all the "weapons" that both qbs have.  Are you kidding me?!  Outside of maybe Greg Jennings, none of the other skill players on either team are anything to write home about.  The throws being made to covered receivers on the money to their back shoulder or elsewhere before the receivers even turned to look astounding.  Great QBs make great receivers.  Great receivers don't make great qbs.  What if Lee Evans was drafted by the Colts and Marvin Harrison was drafted by the Bills?

Great blocking by Jimmy Graham on that run play on the 3rd down attempt inside the 10 the first time. ::)

Really the only difference was the Colston fumble.  With this kind of play, the NFL may end up reverting back to rules that help DBs a little more as the running game is becoming more and more peripheral and the spread offense the norm.  It's becoming arena league footaball on the 100x50
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head