The NFL Thread: 2011

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 29, 2011, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

I'm a Giants fan as well and bet money for them to win the Superbowl before the season started so I am really pulling for them.

Regardless I think these playoffs have been the best in quite a while. Every game has been great. I think New England vs Giants in Superbowl and Giants taking it.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

e_wind

I bet on the giants to take it prior to the play offs. I'm not a fan of any of the remainings so I'm Pulling for the team thatll get me the most cash
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

lil sis

Quote from: ericm on Jan 16, 2012, 05:46 PM
Quote from: lil sis on Jan 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
Quote from: joey_rogo on Jan 15, 2012, 08:23 PM
giants fan here.

FUCK YES

Oh hello!  Great time to be a Giants fan!  What an amazing game.  I still can't believe they nailed that hail mary.  My dog was afraid of me and hiding in a corner from all of the screaming going on.  My neighbors must hate me lol.

Haha.

We had my son's place rocking pretty good too. I'm glad it's the only house on the block people live in all year round, cause we would've had some po'd neighbors. Joint was jumping!

We had a chance to go to the game, but passed because we're both real superstitious when it comes to our sports teams.  :D We had to be exactly where we were when they won the Atlanta game. Same friends,food, drinks, Jerseys,baloons, you name it.....  ;D  I wanted to host next week but no way are we changing anything!! ;)

Here's hoping we get to rock that house two more times!!  :beer:

GOOOOO  GIANTS!!
Hahaha.  Sounds like a fun par-tay.  Have fun today if you do it again.

LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

ericm

Quote from: lil sis on Jan 22, 2012, 12:36 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jan 16, 2012, 05:46 PM
Quote from: lil sis on Jan 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
Quote from: joey_rogo on Jan 15, 2012, 08:23 PM
giants fan here.

FUCK YES

Oh hello!  Great time to be a Giants fan!  What an amazing game.  I still can't believe they nailed that hail mary.  My dog was afraid of me and hiding in a corner from all of the screaming going on.  My neighbors must hate me lol.

Haha.

We had my son's place rocking pretty good too. I'm glad it's the only house on the block people live in all year round, cause we would've had some po'd neighbors. Joint was jumping!

We had a chance to go to the game, but passed because we're both real superstitious when it comes to our sports teams.  :D We had to be exactly where we were when they won the Atlanta game. Same friends,food, drinks, Jerseys,baloons, you name it.....  ;D  I wanted to host next week but no way are we changing anything!! ;)

Here's hoping we get to rock that house two more times!!  :beer:

GOOOOO  GIANTS!!
Hahaha.  Sounds like a fun par-tay.  Have fun today if you do it again.

LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!

If?  :o  ;)

It was a real fun par-tay, and we're definitely doing it again today!   ;D

Have fun today too, and enjoy the game. :beer:

GOOOO GIANTS!!
"Where's Jim going?"

lucylew

I love the Giants but being a northern Cali girl I gotta say GO NINERS! 

johnnYYac

Looks like I'll be outnumbered on this forum but...

GO PATS!!!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

j_rud

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 22, 2012, 11:09 PM
Looks like I'll be outnumbered on this forum but...

GO PATS!!!

Eli vs Brady II, in Peyton's House no less. Should be a great one. Here's to hoping an overwhelming Giants pass rush once again deprives Brady and Belichick of another ring.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

j_rud

Also, hats off to the Niners D. That front 7 is relentless and ferocious. Eli got the snot knocked out of him today but he proved yet again that his Gump-ish exterior belies a core of tempered steel.

Tracy 2112

Man, as a Saints fan I thought our loss last weekend was rough, but Raven fan must be miserable about now.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

j_rud

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 22, 2012, 11:38 PM
Man, as a Saints fan I thought our loss last weekend was rough, but Raven fan must be miserable about now.

I'd much rather the Ravens won today. Brady is playing out of his mind right now and as a friend of mine put it "You see him on the sidelines and he just looks pissed off. He has this look in his eyes like hes hate-fucking the entire league".

Tracy 2112

Quote from: j_rud on Jan 22, 2012, 11:57 PM

I'd much rather the Ravens won today. Brady is playing out of his mind right now and as a friend of mine put it "You see him on the sidelines and he just looks pissed off. He has this look in his eyes like hes hate-fucking the entire league".

I gotta disagree about Brady playing well. 2 picks today and a QB rating of 57.5 (compared to Flaccos 95.4)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

j_rud

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 23, 2012, 12:31 AM

I gotta disagree about Brady playing well. 2 picks today and a QB rating of 57.5 (compared to Flaccos 95.4)

Nah, he didnt play a great game today, but he's still Tom Brady. Odds of it happening 2 weeks in a row probably aint real great. Who'd you rather play in the SB, Flacco or Brady?

j_rud

And FWIW, I think traditional QB rating is a garbage stat. Ridiculously flawed formula.

ericm

WOW!

Never would've thought the special teams would win this game for the Giants.

Total team effort, and loved how tough the O, and D both played, but if you told me before the game that specials would be the difference in the game, I would have said the 9'ers win.

Championship effort all around, and GOOO GIANTS!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Penny Lane

Quote from: ericm on Jan 23, 2012, 01:24 AM
WOW!

Never would've thought the special teams would win this game for the Giants.

Total team effort, and loved how tough the O, and D both played, but if you told me before the game that specials would be the difference in the game, I would have said the 9'ers win.

Championship effort all around, and GOOO GIANTS!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :beer:

Great game! I was able to find a stream of it....lil sis must be so happy, too!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jane

as a big patriots fan, i couldnt be happier. you guys don' t know how hard i had it yesterday being a Patriots in Raven land.

One more game!!

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 23, 2012, 12:31 AM

Yeah, it wasn't just the Ravens D yesterday.  Brady really played poorly, particularly for his standards.  Ravens played an excellent game and came up just short.  You can imagine what it's like over here.  I drove over to a friends house right after the Ravens game and I was just trying to get there in one piece ;D

Sure, Cundiff is being killed here but so is Lee Evans.  The play that bugged me the most was Cam Cameron's call on the 3rd and 3 on around the 32-33 yard line which would have been in Cundiff's range.  Either throw for the 1st down or have a traditional run.  The inside handoff/draw to Rice from shotgun with Wilfork penetrating the way he was all game was a disaster and took 'em out of field goal range.  Then they fail on 4th and 6.  As someone rooting for the Ravens, it was Cameron's play call that was frustrating (no different than the rest of the season)

Wilfork was simply a man possessed and the Ravens had no answer.  He regularly split double teams and Matt Birk is just too old.  Andre Gurode would have been nice.

As for Brady, he's an interesting case.  He won all his Super Bowls when they had a great defense and running game where he made clutch plays.  When they transitioned over to the shotgun/spread offense and is offensive numbers exploded, he kinda became a mediocre playoff quarterback.  He destroys inferior opposition aka Broncos, but 4 of his last 5 playoff games have been nothing special.  It was really a team effort by the Patriots.

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Quote from: Jane on Jan 23, 2012, 09:33 AM
as a big patriots fan, i couldnt be happier. you guys don' t know how hard i had it yesterday being a Patriots in Raven land.

One more game!!
::)

It must be so hard to be a Patriots fan anywhere
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jane

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 23, 2012, 09:38 AM

One more game!!

ha! i was thinking of flying up to boston just to be around people who are excited as i am.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jane on Jan 23, 2012, 11:11 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 23, 2012, 09:38 AM

One more game!!

ha! i was thinking of flying up to boston just to be around people who are excited as i am.
Come on up!  New Hampshire is a happy place right now. 

What's hard being a Patriots fan is that everyone thinks we've had this high-caliber team so long and its time to pass the torch.  But I lived through decades of mediocrity before the Brady era.  New England sports fans suffer a lot for our occasional moments of glory.

Also, defending the Pats from folks who still call 'em "cheaters" gets tiring.  Let it go. 

The fact is, even when Brady is having a bad day, and a team like the Ravens has some solid play, the Pats often find ways to win.  In a Brady-free season, they went 11-5.  The talent of this team is deep and wide.

Its rarely pretty, and often we benefit from the other team's mistakes, but to players and most fans the Super Bowl is the goal and the Pats have made it again.  They deserve a ton more respect than they get. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.