Jim On Sirius/XM Monday 5/23

Started by manicfanatic, May 18, 2011, 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manicfanatic

For those of us that have Sirius/XM satellite radio, Jim will be on the Spectrum (Channel28) this coming Monday 5/23 at 4 pm EST to play Circuital in its entirely and to discuss each track. 
;D ;D ;D
"We're the heirs to the glimmering world"

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

tdb810

ooooh i will be on a flight back from HANGOUT :) I guess that's a good reason to miss it.
.....Back at the Model Home

BigHerm

Finally we get to hear YWFO  :D

EasyRyder

Whaaa!!! Looks like I'll be doing a trial membership for monday  :) The possibility of hearing new tunes at Hangout is starting to seem a lot more likely!
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

el_chode

That is an odd choice of channel, no? I mean if I remember, they mainly just spin I'm Amazed and that's it.

Figured Jam_ON or XMU play more variety of Jacket songs and the album would fit in better there.
I'm surrounded by assholes

manicfanatic

Quote from: el_chode on May 18, 2011, 03:14 PM
That is an odd choice of channel, no? I mean if I remember, they mainly just spin I'm Amazed and that's it.

Figured Jam_ON or XMU play more variety of Jacket songs and the album would fit in better there.

Yeah, I thought it was an odd choice too.  Though they have been playing Holding On To Black Metal lately.
"We're the heirs to the glimmering world"

littleacorn

WOOHOO to 7 day free trials and a less than a weeks notice :D
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

el_chode

Quote from: manicfanatic on May 18, 2011, 06:21 PM

Yeah, I thought it was an odd choice too.  Though they have been playing Holding On To Black Metal lately.

Black Metal? On Spectrum? The channel that plays Norah Jones and Barenaked Ladies?
I'm surrounded by assholes

Nicholas Yames

Quote from: el_chode on May 19, 2011, 12:18 AM
Quote from: manicfanatic on May 18, 2011, 06:21 PM

Black Metal? On Spectrum? The channel that plays Norah Jones and Barenaked Ladies?

I was just as surprised as well... But they get some play on XMU, AltNation, the Spectrum, and lots of Bonnaroo tunes on Jam_On... Which is my personal favorite.
and if all else fails, i'll come running back, wonderin where you went
with my heart.

SaraBananaBear

Ooooh, so want to hear this!  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Jackets N Pones

This will be re-aired again on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday of this week if you have to miss it today!

http://www.siriusxm.com/thespectrum

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on May 23, 2011, 10:49 AM
This will be re-aired again on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday of this week if you have to miss it today!

http://www.siriusxm.com/thespectrum
Awesome!  I've got an interview at 3pm today, so I might not make it today, but I can record the stream online for later broadcasts.  If successful, I'll post a download link here soon for those without Sirius/XM.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

sweatboard

So, looks like this will be airing again at 11pm TONIGHT!!! 

My virginity is in serious jeopardy. 
There's Still Time.........

johnnYYac

Quote from: sweatboard on May 23, 2011, 11:52 AM
So, looks like this will be airing again at 11pm TONIGHT!!! 

My virginity is in serious jeopardy.
Isn't this more like phone sex, though?  You won't be in the same room with the album, so it might be okay.  No pressure...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

sweatboard

or is it more like a dirty one night stand??
There's Still Time.........

capt. scotty

Quote from: manicfanatic on May 18, 2011, 10:03 AM
For those of us that have Sirius/XM satellite radio, Jim will be on the Spectrum (Channel28) this coming Monday 5/23 at 4 pm EST to play Circuital in its entirely and to discuss each track. 
;D ;D ;D

So just so Im not confuused, theyre playing the studio album and not live versions, correct?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BigHerm

Yep, studio album ... I was hoping for live versions when I first read this thread as well...

Clarkwork

THey are playing the studio versions,  I'll be listening, they have been running promo's for it all weekend.  The Spectrum is a great channel, Black Metal has been on the top 20 for that station for a while no as well.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

capt. scotty

In the end, Im kind of glad I held out until now to hear the album for the first time. For the first listen, the man himself will be telling me how these tunes came to fruition. WOO-muthafuckin-HOO!!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons