Circuital Has... Arrived!!!

Started by Tieoptional, May 25, 2011, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tieoptional

Mailman just delivered the CD in Micheegan.  :D

Perhaps, since it had been leaked, they just decided to go ahead and send them out.

Hand-written lyric sheets, with doodles, for all the songs, printed on the back of a fold-poster with scenes from the "gym."

CD inner sleeve has the band dressed as "moon men" (sort of the MMJ version of Beatles eggmen, walrus, etc., costume). Spooky. Looks like they might be standing in a shower room (in the church?).

I have downloaded to my Mac (lossless) and it is currently thundering out through my DAC and Audirvana player for some fine listening enjoyment.

The sound quality is definitely a step up from anything we have heard so far (leaked mp3; NPR stream). When someone rips the vinyl to 24/96 flac it will really be something! PM me if you are getting the vinyl and have the ability to do a quality rip, please.
The river's long... it is cold. It chills the body but not the soul.

halesdd

Quote from: Tieoptional on May 25, 2011, 03:29 PM
Mailman just delivered the CD in Micheegan.  :D

Perhaps, since it had been leaked, they just decided to go ahead and send them out.

Hand-written lyric sheets, with doodles, for all the songs, printed on the back of a fold-poster with scenes from the "gym."

CD inner sleeve has the band dressed as "moon men" (sort of the MMJ version of Beatles eggmen, walrus, etc., costume). Spooky. Looks like they might be standing in a shower room (in the church?).

I have downloaded to my Mac (lossless) and it is currently thundering out through my DAC and Audirvana player for some fine listening enjoyment.

The sound quality is definitely a step up from anything we have heard so far (leaked mp3; NPR stream). When someone rips the vinyl to 24/96 flac it will really be something! PM me if you are getting the vinyl and have the ability to do a quality rip, please.

Very Jealous!  I haven't even received an email saying it has shipped.  It only has ten songs on it, right?  The NPR article that streams the CD stated eleven which I imagine is someone's inability to count.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

Tieoptional

Quote from: halesdd on May 25, 2011, 04:25 PM
  It only has ten songs on it, right?  The NPR article that streams the CD stated eleven which I imagine is someone's inability to count.

Yep. 10 really nice songs.

I am still really surprised to have this in hand already.

Kind of like when the baby comes early.

e_wind

i don't think the delux boxes will arrive til next week
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

oistheone

Did a quick Twitter search and it seems some folks have indeed received their deluxe boxes. I don't wanna post other people's pictures here, so check it out! The roll call poster looks awesome!

e_wind

anything about golden tickets??!?!?!?!?!!??!?!!?!?!!?!?!?

i think ill hold off until i have mine in hand to look at everything though. i dont wanna ruin the surprise!

Robbman

Quote from: oistheone on May 25, 2011, 04:59 PM
Did a quick Twitter search and it seems some folks have indeed received their deluxe boxes. I don't wanna post other people's pictures here, so check it out! The roll call poster looks awesome!

Mine was just delivered.. very nice.

oistheone

Don't mean to ruin any surprises, but I just saw a close-up pic of the green vinyl and this puppy has been mastered at 45RPM!

For us audiophiles out there, I have to say this is unbelievably great news.

jmk

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :birthdays: :dankk2:

oistheone

Sweet baby Jesus, that is a beautiful set.

Nikkogino

Quote from: jmk on May 25, 2011, 05:22 PM

JMK....is that the deluxe edition or just the standard vinyl?

Also, the Roll Call stuff looks awesome!  Glad I ordered it....the tshirt and poster are a lot cooler than I expected it to be. 

j_rud

This album is pretty gawdamm ridiculous. Really smooth, and when it starts to rock it almost sneaks up on you. It's gonna be a kick in the balls live...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

jmk

Quote from: Nikkogino on May 25, 2011, 05:30 PM
Quote from: jmk on May 25, 2011, 05:22 PM

JMK....is that the deluxe edition or just the standard vinyl?

Also, the Roll Call stuff looks awesome!  Glad I ordered it....the tshirt and poster are a lot cooler than I expected it to be.

Deluxe. I can't wait to wear the shirt when I leave the house in a bit.  ;D

DewieCox

Quote from: oistheone on May 25, 2011, 05:11 PM
Don't mean to ruin any surprises, but I just saw a close-up pic of the green vinyl and this puppy has been mastered at 45RPM!

For us audiophiles out there, I have to say this is unbelievably great news.

I hope the regular vinyl is 45rpm too.

Dillsnufus

WHAT ARE THE LIVE BOX SET PREVIEW TRACKS! AND IS IT T5?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

e_wind

capt. scotty

Quote from: e_wind on May 25, 2011, 06:06 PM
Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 25, 2011, 05:43 PM

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

e_wind

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

you should rip me some clean mp3s, I don't want to wait until the 31st.  way uncool you got yours early. 

Tieoptional

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on May 25, 2011, 07:01 PM
you should rip me some clean mp3s, I don't want to wait until the 31st.  way uncool you got yours early.

I just wish that they were offering downloads at something higher than 16/44. I am considering buying the vinyl just so I can have someone with the proper equipment rip it at 24/192 so I can hear it how it is supposed to be heard: studio master quality.