"Listen to What Circuital IS, not what Circuital ISN'T"

Started by billybuckner, Jun 02, 2011, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

In the wonderful words of JJ..."how you react is what you'll get back."  So billybuckner...the fan who "always receives, but always want more," I hope you have a wonderful summer with your best friend...your right hand.  :thumbsup:

Your thoughts are wasted on these eyes...

halesdd

Quote from: Bigsky on Jun 03, 2011, 04:35 PM
In the wonderful words of JJ..."how you react is what you'll get back."  So billybuckner...the fan who "always receives, but always want more," I hope you have a wonderful summer with your best friend...your right hand.  :thumbsup:

Your thoughts are wasted on these eyes...

Love it!  Well said sir.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

ellisintransit

http://www.avclub.com/articles/my-morning-jackets-jim-james,56644/

"We just want to have fun playing music. We are very appreciative of our fans and realize we can't do this without them, but at the same time we don't feel like we "owe" anyone anything other than just knowing that we try as hard as we can with every record and put 100 percent of our blood, sweat, and tears into everything we do. Even then, even our biggest fans don't like everything we do. Hopefully they know we respect them so much, and we are just trying to follow what feels right to us."

el_chode

Quote from: ellisintransit on Jun 03, 2011, 06:33 PM

"We just want to have fun playing music. We are very appreciative of our fans and realize we can't do this without them, but at the same time we don't feel like we "owe" anyone anything other than just knowing that we try as hard as we can with every record and put 100 percent of our blood, sweat, and tears into everything we do. Even then, even our biggest fans don't like everything we do. Hopefully they know we respect them so much, and we are just trying to follow what feels right to us."

This band has a choice - they can play great alt-countryish music, or they can expand and do new things no one else has really done before. They can't do both (no one can). I'll take 'em either way. I got trust in that.
I'm surrounded by assholes

1978SGJ

Quote from: el_chode on Jun 03, 2011, 06:36 PM

This band has a choice - they can play great alt-countryish music, or they can expand and do new things no one else has really done before. They can't do both (no one can). I'll take 'em either way. I got trust in that.

that's a great quote.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Jon T.

DewieCox

ellisintransit

Quote from: touchmeimgoing2cream on Jun 03, 2011, 07:10 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Jun 03, 2011, 06:36 PM

that's a great quote.

It is the perfect encapsulation of why they are my favorite band.  When I read that interview last week, I nearly jumped for joy when it got to that part.  Finally put into words (from the horse's mouth no less) what it is that draws me toward them.  It's INTEGRITY in action.  Trust and faith in your favorite band is a must, I have found.  If they let you down, the consolation is that they tried and followed their muse (as the saying goes.) 

Don't like the new stuff Billy?  It's okay....TTF, AD, Choco&Ice, and ISM will always be there for you to go back to.  It's very hard to not pull out the vulgarity stick when people start threads like this.  There are other people who have posted their dislike of things on this forum, but they did it without trolling, and they are just as accepted as those of us who eat up everything MMJ puts out.  Finally, the word is CRONIES.  The L is way over on the other side of the keyboard, so I doubt it was a typing error.  I seriously think Billy doesn't know what that word means, and that infuriates me even more than his opinion.   ;D

TheSoundsofSilence

Well guys ol' billy buck was right on point he was "beray-ed" by the "clonies" throwing verbal assaults. I think everyone played into his hand. Anyways hello everyone. new here, but not new to the band, been listening for 5 years now and have seen the band live twice-both amazing shows. As for the new album I was feeling a bit like ol' buck myself for the first handful of listens but after further digestion I have become rather pleased. I am on board with billybuckner and a few others whom feel the band has a quirky sound at times-I believe it began at "What a Wonderful Man" and obviously had a huge existance in the EU sessions, aside from OUTTA MY SYSTEM I don't see it rear it's ugly head much here on CIRCUITAL. This album is pretty tight from beginning to end. The only weak songs IMO are "Outta My System", "First Light", and "You Wanna Freak Out" and possibly with only a total of 10 tracks that could make a listener feel as if the package as a whole is a letdown. For me I look at it as 7 out of 10 are top knotch.

littleacorn

Am I the only person that absolutely loves outta my system?
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

adl6690

Quote from: TheSoundsofSilence on Jun 05, 2011, 09:48 PM
Well guys ol' billy buck was right on point he was "beray-ed" by the "clonies" throwing verbal assaults. I think everyone played into his hand. Anyways hello everyone. new here, but not new to the band, been listening for 5 years now and have seen the band live twice-both amazing shows. As for the new album I was feeling a bit like ol' buck myself for the first handful of listens but after further digestion I have become rather pleased. I am on board with billybuckner and a few others whom feel the band has a quirky sound at times-I believe it began at "What a Wonderful Man" and obviously had a huge existance in the EU sessions, aside from OUTTA MY SYSTEM I don't see it rear it's ugly head much here on CIRCUITAL. This album is pretty tight from beginning to end. The only weak songs IMO are "Outta My System", "First Light", and "You Wanna Freak Out" and possibly with only a total of 10 tracks that could make a listener feel as if the package as a whole is a letdown. For me I look at it as 7 out of 10 are top knotch.

He wasn't "be-rayed" by cronies, he was called out for being a complete douche

Tracy 2112

Quote from: TheSoundsofSilence on Jun 05, 2011, 09:48 PM
Well guys ol' billy buck was right on point he was "beray-ed" by the "clonies" throwing verbal assaults. I think everyone played into his hand.

And it happens on every band's message board with every new release.

so what.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Crispy

I have been more concerned with what the hell word "beray" was supposed to be. The best I can come up with is to think he mashed up the words "barrage," "volley," and "foray" and vomited that out.

And what the hell does he have against Pooh, anyway?

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

MarkW

Quote from: littleacorn on Jun 05, 2011, 10:31 PM
Am I the only person that absolutely loves outta my system?

Nope.  Love the Wilson vibe.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

youreveningcoat

I think that the Circuital songs sounded 20x better live on the Unstaged thing, Especially you wanna freak out.  But then again anything MMJ play sounds 20x better live...
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

DaFunkyPrecedent

Man..that guy sucked. 

And yes, I LOVE "outta my system" - especially after hearing it tonight at Mt. Jam.  What it take Phish 8 min to do, it take MMJ 4.  Outta My System is concise, it's tight, it's filled with jams and fun lyrics.  The only reason it may seem like they're not "jamming" is because Jim is singing over the jams...it's so cool to watch them evolve.  to watch their confidence just grow and grow.  They're like..."we don't need to stop singing to make this jam happen..."

Love this band.
God damn those shaky knees.

DaFunkyPrecedent

You Wanna Freak Out is this albums Remnants.  Most don't like it...some LOVE it.
God damn those shaky knees.

halesdd

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on Jun 06, 2011, 02:43 AM
You Wanna Freak Out is this albums Remnants.  Most don't like it...some LOVE it.

Very true.  I loved Remnants.  Love You Wanna Freak Out.  Course I love just about anything MMJ gives us.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

e_wind

the people getting utterly upset and cussing this dude out are equally as ridiculous as the original post.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...