Previous topic - Next topic

ophidiophobia

Heisman and Biletnikoff winnner? I'd like to think so :D  :thumbsup:

Tracy 2112

Quote from: ophidiophobia on Nov 18, 2011, 05:37 PM

or not

and now what we have all been waiting for:

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

capt. scotty

Quote from: ophidiophobia on Nov 18, 2011, 05:37 PM

Jinxy jinx
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjk73

capt. scotty

ophidiophobia

I RUSHED THE FIELD
Absolute beat down last night! I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Big XII champs sound pretty sweet to me.

mjk73

Quote from: ophidiophobia on Dec 04, 2011, 11:15 AM
I RUSHED THE FIELD
Absolute beat down last night! I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Big XII champs sound pretty sweet to me.
Hoping the idiots in the BSC do the right thing and have LSU/OSU in the Championship

Tracy 2112

Quote from: mjk73 on Dec 04, 2011, 11:30 AM
I RUSHED THE FIELD
Hoping the idiots in the BSC do the right thing and have LSU/OSU in the Championship

I see both sides of the coin on Bama/OSU. However, if you're going to have a BS system, at least have the people playing in the BS National Championship game be a conference champion (OSU). Finishing 2nd in your division shouldn't get you to the National Championship game, IMO.

mjk73

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 04, 2011, 11:38 AM
Quote from: mjk73 on Dec 04, 2011, 11:30 AM
I RUSHED THE FIELD

I see both sides of the coin on Bama/OSU. However, if you're going to have a BS system, at least have the people playing in the BS National Championship game be a conference champion (OSU). Finishing 2nd in your division shouldn't get you to the National Championship game, IMO.
Agreed

capt. scotty

OSU please please please

ophidiophobia

Quote from: capt. scotty on Dec 04, 2011, 05:58 PM
OSU please please please
I hope your right. I won't watch the rematch; that shit sucked the first time.

capt. scotty

Quote from: ophidiophobia on Dec 04, 2011, 06:12 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Dec 04, 2011, 05:58 PM
OSU please please please
I hope your right. I won't watch the rematch; that shit sucked the first time.

For me, low scoring does not = bad game. That was a great game, and I dont mind watching the rematch.

I do think OSU deserved their shot at LSU, but it really is hard to argue when you lose to Iowa St and Bama's only loss is by 3pts to the #1 in OT

Tracy 2112

I mean, why have Boise State ranked 7th in the final BCS poll and then they get stuck in the fucking Las Vegas Bowl against 6-6 Arizona State on Dec. 22nd? Are they 7th in the nation or not? What the fuck (WTF) are these idiots thinking? What a fucked up system.

And the Sugar Bowl sux ass.

mjk73

But remember Tracy, a playoff system would be just wrong. Whatever NCCA. This shit is weak. I mean come on. Why the hell is a 6-6 team rewarded with a bowl game? I guess this is why am about to give up on football ('cept the Huskers) and just watch baseball and soccer only.

ophidiophobia

At least ASU is a .500 team UCLA is 6-7 and playing Illinois, who hasn't won a game since October 8th. I typically don't hate the BCS and everything that goes with it, but it the big scheme of things the only game that matters is more than a month away. Even my Cowboys game is pointless in the big picture. I LOVE college football and this year has seen great games and great upsets to not have a playoff is pointless. There is no way in hell that Butler could of had a chance in basketball if the BCS was running basketball.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 05, 2011, 12:08 AM
What the fuck (WTF) are these idiots thinking? What a fucked up system.

Yep. MSU got screwed, too!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

I generally agree with much of the sentiment above.  I think the best that we can do (and I know Tracy won't) is to simply boycott the game.  Do our part in lowering the national ratings.  Even if Alabama wins, do they really deserve it?  Should it have been OSU?  Boise destroyed Georgia and its only loss was to a good TCU squad.  LSU can still say they split the season and won in Bama as well.

Let's not compare football and basketball.  Those are two completely different animals. 

As for lesser bowls, the system isn't necessarily made to reward mediocre teams.  It's a money making system for the NCAA and the communities that host these events.  Often times, the invited teams take a loss.  To take a bid to any bowl, most schools must purchase a percentage of tickets to the bowl and pay for the travel.  If it's a smaller school or the bowl is very far, the fanbase is unlikely to travel.  The school is left to foot the bill to purchase them all and the payout is minimal.  They are handcuffed because to attend any bowl is better than none just for reasons of recruiting and exposure.

I refer to my post a page or two back for the system that should be used.  It's radical, dumb in the eyes of many and will never happen.  BUT, it would be bad ass if something like that happened.  It would make college football greater than ever.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 05, 2011, 01:34 PM
I generally agree with much of the sentiment above.  I think the best that we can do (and I know Tracy won't) is to simply boycott the game.  Do our part in lowering the national ratings.  Even if Alabama wins, do they really deserve it?  Should it have been OSU?  Boise destroyed Georgia and its only loss was to a good TCU squad.  LSU can still say they split the season and won in Bama as well.

Well, I will definently be "boycotting" the Sugar and Orange Bowls   ;D

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Dec 05, 2011, 01:49 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 05, 2011, 01:34 PM

Well, I will definently be "boycotting" the Sugar and Orange Bowls   ;D
Don't watch the game Tracy...don't do it.   ;D  SEC shouldn't get an exemption from your civic engagement.  Yeah, I can't believe what happened to Boise.  Just a shame. 

Also, why is Trent Richardson even in the Heisman conversation?  I'm all in for Robert Griffin da IIIrd
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head