The Pixies 2011 Doolittle "Lost Cities" tour

Started by Tracy 2112, Jul 05, 2011, 07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Hello.

Here comes your band.

Tomorrow we are going to announce our fall 2011 Doolittle "Lost Cities" tour, playing cities we've never visited across the US of A.
A sneak-peak at the dates and cities is below.

Later this week there will be a ticket presale, the date and time of which will only be announced to this email list. Don't believe what you read until you hear it from us.

More soon.

La la love you,
PIXIES

DOOLITTLE "LOST CITIES" US TOUR 2011
====================================
OCTOBER

27 — Montclair, NJ

28 — Asbury Park, NJ

29 — Waterbury, CT

30 — Hampton Beach, NH

NOVEMBER

1 — Portland, ME

2 — Rochester, NY

3 — Easton, PA

5 — Huntington, NY

6 — Wilmington, DE

8 — Greensboro, NC

9 — Louisville, KY

10 — Knoxville, TN

11 — North Charleston, SC

14 — Memphis, TN

15 — Oklahoma, OK

16 — Sante Fe, NM

18 — Bakersfield, CA

20 — Napa, CA

21 — Santa Cruz, CA

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

tdb810

Dammmmmit ! The 2 days they are playing in NJ, and I am going to be in Tennessee!!
Drats! Drats! Drats!
.....Back at the Model Home

bowl of soup

Knoxville in November has to be nice, right?  Girl it's so groovy, I want you to know!
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ManNamedTruth

Would love to see them, but Easton is way on the other side of PA. I'll consider the 5 hour drive.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

e_wind

i'll probably be hitting this up, pending more details (cost)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ManNamedTruth

I just looked up their tour archive and saw that they were in Pittsburgh in 2005. I'm mad at myself for not getting into the Pixies sooner. I've only been listening to them for 3 or 4 years but they've quickly become one of my favorite bands.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: bowl of soup on Jul 05, 2011, 03:44 PM
Knoxville in November has to be nice, right?  Girl it's so groovy, I want you to know!

Depends on how the Vols are doin'

mjk73

Soup- If you are reading this, according to their Facebook page, be prepared. Apparently there will be some Florida dates.

Penny Lane

Argh! the Wellmont! i hate that venue...

this is very cool, though!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jon T.

Soup, have the Pixies ever been to P'cola before?  What kind of capacity would you expect? 

bowl of soup

Quote from: mjk73 on Jul 06, 2011, 08:54 AM
Soup- If you are reading this, according to their Facebook page, be prepared. Apparently there will be some Florida dates.

November 12, 2011 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando according to FrankBlack.net.  I almost find this difficult to believe.  I mean if the world was full of people just like me the Pixies would be playing places like the Rose Bowl and Wembley everyday, but thankfully the world is not full of me and the Citrus Bowl is a BIG room.  I mean I saw Pink Floyd (PINK FLOYD!) and their giganto, mega, laser beam shooting monster ROCK Show there in the late 80's.  But if it is so, I shall be there.  Mickey Mouse, Shamu, Casey Anthony, and the Pixies - that's a party.

bowl of soup

Quote from: Jon T. on Jul 06, 2011, 09:50 AM
Soup, have the Pixies ever been to P'cola before?  What kind of capacity would you expect?

I lived in P'Cola in the early 90's and was living there when Trompe came out.  I had to drive to Tally to see them at the Moon.  Worst show ever - Frank and Kim got into some kind of tiff on stage and they left after about 45 minutes.  It was the beginning or the middle of the end.

I guess this is knid of my point from my other post.  At the peak of their powers they were playing places like the Moon.  I love the Moon, but it can't hold more than 2 or 3 thousand.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: bowl of soup on Jul 06, 2011, 09:55 AM
but thankfully the world is not full of me

I thank God all-mighty for this on an hourly basis

bowl of soup

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 06, 2011, 10:18 AM
but thankfully the world is not full of me

I thank God all-mighty for this on an hourly basis

Funny, my prayers for a world full of you go unanswered.

walterfredo

Jaimoe

Saw The Pixies a few months ago on their Doolittle tour @ Massey Hall in Toronto. Great fucking concert. They are all obviously older (Kim is pretty rough looking), but all four members are in top form. Doolittle never sounded so good.

ManNamedTruth

Tracy 2112

e_wind

the louisville tickets are 75$... no way
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

bowl of soup

Quote from: mjk73 on Jul 06, 2011, 08:54 AM

November 12, 2011 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando according to FrankBlack.net.  I almost find this difficult to believe.  I mean if the world was full of people just like me the Pixies would be playing places like the Rose Bowl and Wembley everyday, but thankfully the world is not full of me and the Citrus Bowl is a BIG room.  I mean I saw Pink Floyd (PINK FLOYD!) and their giganto, mega, laser beam shooting monster ROCK Show there in the late 80's.  But if it is so, I shall be there.  Mickey Mouse, Shamu, Casey Anthony, and the Pixies - that's a party.

Well, my crack team of investigators has solved the mystery.  The Pixies are playing something called Orlando Calling (What a horribly named festival - if Orlando comes calling, one should run.  Is this a play on London Calling or something?  Are they going to thaw Joe Strummer and have a Clash reunion?).

I am very old.  The thought of a festival at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando to see a 45 minute set by my heroes makes my head spin.  Can someone cooler than me tell me if this is worthwhile.
I need help.

http://www.orlandocalling.com/