Breaking Bad Discussion

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Jul 17, 2011, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: Jared on Sep 15, 2013, 11:50 PM
Quote from: ericm on Sep 15, 2013, 10:50 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Sep 15, 2013, 10:30 PM
That was tough.

Great fucking episode! That might've been the best, most intense hour of a tv show that I ever saw. Walt has gone beyond Tony Soprano as the worst family man/bad guy ever on TV as far as I'm concerned.

I think Walt is gone now, and only Heisenberg remains.

I think Walt is still there. Think about it, he ended up giving Holly back and he made a phone call to make Skylar sound like a victim to the authorities. As twisted and evil as he is, it still seems that his family's well-being is one of his main priorities.

Well that's why I said "now." His family is in the past for him now. He got Skylar off the hook, and made sure Holly was safe. I wouldn't doubt if he set them up with some cash somehow too, but there's no going back now to Walter White for him. In name, and actions,IMO.

I think his alter ego Heisenberg will be his persona from here on out.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jackets N Pones

Yeah they need an excuse to play this amazing score one more time anyway...

Breaking Bad OST 12/20 - "The Long Walk Alone (Heisenberg's Theme)" [Dave Porter] [HQ/HD]

Such an intense episode. I can't believe Walt gave the go ahead to kill Jessie. "Found him..."

I think Walt's lottery ticket will win, and he will get his 80 million back. Just kidding.

Loved how Walt Jr. finally got his moment to shine. That scene at the house was gut-wrenching.

Jessie is definitely going to kill Todd.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

parkervb

Scanning through some of the older posts, it's crazy how opinions on characters have changed so drastically. Someone at one point said they could see hank becoming complicit in Walts dealings. How off was that? my man Hank didn't bow to anybody. I loved Hanks character, he was kinda a putz to begin but he's been the only one (besides Walt Jr I guess) to have a consistent moral code.  RIP ASAC Schrader
Don't you ever turn it off

oistheone

I know the popular interpretation of Walt's phone call to Skyler was that he was coming clean, and thus "saving her" from the authorities, but was I the only one who saw that scene completely differently? I saw it as Walt's full descent into evil, his stupid overconfidence and pride finally fully released and unhinged. Yes, it has the effect of pretty much freeing Skyler and the family from any wrongdoings by admitting it was all him, but I don't think this was done intentionally by Walt. It was just his ridiculous hubris fully consuming him.

By the way, "What the hell is wrong with you, we're a family!!!!" was probably the most chilling/crazy/viscerally impactful line in TV history.

parkervb

Quote from: oistheone on Sep 16, 2013, 11:52 AM
I know the popular interpretation of Walt's phone call to Skyler was that he was coming clean, and thus "saving her" from the authorities, but was I the only one who saw that scene completely differently? I saw it as Walt's full descent into evil, his stupid overconfidence and pride finally fully released and unhinged. Yes, it has the effect of pretty much freeing Skyler and the family from any wrongdoings by admitting it was all him, but I don't think this was done intentionally by Walt. It was just his ridiculous hubris fully consuming him.

By the way, "What the hell is wrong with you, we're a family!!!!" was probably the most chilling/crazy/viscerally impactful line in TV history.

if that was the case, why did he give Holly back?  He was crying as well in that scene.   

oistheone

Good point! After rewatching the episode twice (intense way to kill a few hours), I can see it both ways. I could also see that Walt stole the baby in the first place to completely villanize himself, knowing that he was going the Hoover vaccuum route, and therefore making the call to take the fall. I can't wait to see where this goes next, hard to believe it's probably only going to get more intense from here.

What do you guys think of the two tapes still out there? Think both could play a part in the final two episodes? Both were mentioned in last night's episode.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Sep 16, 2013, 11:52 AM

He was definitely wiping skyler of any suspicion. He knew the police were there. It was the nicest thing that he has done in awhile.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

parkervb

so, if the popular opinion is that Walt has come back as Mr Lambert to rescue Jesse, how does he know he's alive? I would think he believes the Nazis killed him.  Or is he coming back to protect his family by killing the Nazis and then discovers they are using Jesse as their cook? 

He said he had things left to do - he has to mean revenge for the Nazis killing Hank and taking his money.  I don't think he means rescuing Jesse since he gave the go-ahead and THEN dropped the Jane Bomb on him. 

So, the gun is for the Nazis...the ricin is for???  Options: himself, Lydia...anyone else you folks can think of? 

parkervb

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 17, 2013, 09:41 AM
so, if the popular opinion is that Walt has come back as Mr Lambert to rescue Jesse, how does he know he's alive? I would think he believes the Nazis killed him.  Or is he coming back to protect his family by killing the Nazis and then discovers they are using Jesse as their cook? 

He said he had things left to do - he has to mean revenge for the Nazis killing Hank and taking his money.  I don't think he means rescuing Jesse since he gave the go-ahead and THEN dropped the Jane Bomb on him. 

So, the gun is for the Nazis...the ricin is for???  Options: himself, Lydia...anyone else you folks can think of?

I think Heisenberg is coming back to get his money. I can see him taking out the Nazis in the process, and being surprised to find Jesse still alive. Where he goes from there or if Walter White ever emerges again is anyone's guess. Personally I think Walter White is gone, and aside from possibly getting money to his family, his evil side;Heisenberg, is there to stay.
"Where's Jim going?"

cre618

Yeah, after leaving Jesse for dead and telling him about Jane, I can't see the relationship ever being salvaged.  The show has never really disappointed me, but I'm going to have a hard time believing that Walt will ever care about Jesse again.

e_wind

Just finished watching that episode. Wow.

That show has fooled me many times in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of underlying scheme in Walt's mind when he gave Jesse up.

I guess he wouldn't know that Todd was gonna save Jesse though, so I guess not. I don't know. I don't see where the show can go from here if it picks up from the flash forward AND finish in 120 minutes or less.

I also think that Walt's coming back in the flash forward (or whats about to happen I guess) is going to be a result of him being absolutely miserable and depressed. It kind of seemed that way in the flash forward, anyway. So maybe hes going to do what he can to help his fam and Jesse and take out the Nazis (and himself) on the way down.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

also, this:

"SUM1 JUST TOLD ME THA END TO BREAKING BAD IT WAS ALL A DREAM JESSE FELL ASLEEP IN CLASS AN WALT WAKES HIM UP WITH A NOOGIE IN THA LAST SCENE"

and a reply:

" NAH HOME IT TURND OUT THEY GOT WALTS MEDICAL SHEETS MIXED UP AN HE AINT GOT CANSER"

and finally:

" It'll end with him waking up from the vivid dream in the hospital with dr telling him he has cancer and he'll look at camera like arnold swarzenegger at end of jingle all the way"

THE FUTURE OF OUR SPECIES, MY FRIENDS

parkervb

Quote from: cre618 on Sep 17, 2013, 03:01 PM
Yeah, after leaving Jesse for dead and telling him about Jane, I can't see the relationship ever being salvaged.  The show has never really disappointed me, but I'm going to have a hard time believing that Walt will ever care about Jesse again.

in that interview i posted above the writer being interviewed said most of the last two eps is about the Jesse/Walt relationship.  Which leads me to believe that something positive happens b/t them.  This show is all about throwing you the okie-doke, so like Jesse told Hank about Walt: "whatever you think is going to happen, the exact opposite will happen"

I also think that Heisenberg is now gone and that Holly "killed" him when she said "mama".  Just my $.02

FiddleCastro

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 18, 2013, 12:22 AM

" It'll end with him waking up from the vivid dream in the hospital with dr telling him he has cancer and he'll look at camera like arnold swarzenegger at end of jingle all the way"

I hope it ends this way.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

FiddleCastro

This was a prediction I read from before the previous episode:

My speculation is that it will be revealed that Walt Jr. is the brains behind everything the whole time. He was Gus' boss and now he plays his dad like a marionette. After Walt confesses his ways to his son Walt Jr. will just laugh and say "No shit dad, who do you think bought all of the Captain Crunch?"

Then he'll throw his crutches on the ground and walk to the kitchen cabinet. He'll open the cabinet door and reveal dozens of boxes of a new cereal titled Flynn's Blue Ice Crunch. He'll shout "DO YOU THINK ALL OF THIS WAS FOR NOTHING, DAD? I gave you cancer. I controlled Gus. I control the DEA. Now I'm going to control the cereal industry with this coming out next month. And it's all thanks to you, you stupid asshole"

As Walt stands in the living room, stunned, Walt Jr takes out a box of Flynn's Blue Ice Crunch, opens it up, and digs his hand inside. "And here is the best part, dad. It comes with a prize." He pulls a gun out of the cereal and shoots Walt square between eyes. He then walks over and picks up his crutches off the ground, grabs the handles and vigorously whips them in a circle above his head. He lifts off the ground and flies through the roof of the house.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER VINCE GILLIGAN
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

e_wind

I mustve missed smething, but why do they call him Flynn?

e_wind

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Sep 18, 2013, 11:10 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Sep 18, 2013, 12:22 AM

I hope it ends this way.

Same person who's status that comes from also posted last week "OK I GIVE UP WTF IS SYRIA"

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 18, 2013, 11:00 AM
Quote from: cre618 on Sep 17, 2013, 03:01 PM

in that interview i posted above the writer being interviewed said most of the last two eps is about the Jesse/Walt relationship.  Which leads me to believe that something positive happens b/t them.  This show is all about throwing you the okie-doke, so like Jesse told Hank about Walt: "whatever you think is going to happen, the exact opposite will happen"

I also think that Heisenberg is now gone and that Holly "killed" him when she said "mama".  Just my $.02

It's unpredictability is just one of the things that makes this show so amazing.  I can see where you can take that out of Holly saying "mama", but I saw it as the last thing Walter does, and now he's gone. I think the clip in the 1st episode where he comes back for the ricin is probably influencing my thinking this way also. That's something Heisenberg would use, not Walter, but who knows? Nothing Vince Gilligan writes will surprise me at this point, and I'm really liking that.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jared

To me it seems with Hank gone Jesse remains Walt's biggest enemy. He has the most knowledge of Walt's activity and is determined to bring some form of justice.  I do not predict that they will make-up in anyway, unless it involves Walt turning himself in (which is preposterous).

My favorite failed prediction of how the show would end made prior to the last episode was very similar to the one FiddleCastro posted and it was called the Denny's theory:

QuoteWalt Jr. is SO innocent and SO clueless that it really is hard for me to imagine him just finding out about everything. It's close to inconceivable. Maybe Skyler needs to take more drastic measures to shield him from the truth as things get more intense and he starts asking more pointed questions. And what's the best way to distract Walt Jr.? What about giving him a brick of cash and sending him to a 24-hour Denny's until things cool down? The main thing I want out of this is an extended montage of Walt Jr. having a field day in breakfast food heaven set to a forgotten '60s/'70s song a la Walt's "Crystal Blue Persuasion" meth-cooking victory scene.

source: http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2013/09/10-ridiculous-breaking-bad-predictions.html