Breaking Bad Discussion

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Jul 17, 2011, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

They have been playing last seasons episodes at 4 in the morning on Sundays. I guess we're about 2 months or so away.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 26, 2013, 03:16 PM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Mar 26, 2013, 12:21 PM
Breaking Bad script stolen

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/26/breaking-bad-script-stolen_n_2955231.html
That sucks.  Anyone hear exactly when BB is returning?  The website just says "Returns Summer 2013".  I'm gonna need a refresher.

August 11
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Apr 22, 2013, 06:14 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 26, 2013, 03:16 PM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Mar 26, 2013, 12:21 PM
Breaking Bad script stolen

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/26/breaking-bad-script-stolen_n_2955231.html
That sucks.  Anyone hear exactly when BB is returning?  The website just says "Returns Summer 2013".  I'm gonna need a refresher.

August 11
I saw that... brutal!  When did the last episode air?  Its not just that the wait is killing me, its killing my recollection of the show and my enthusiasm for this final stretch of 8 eps.  I'm sure it will repair itself by fucking August 11th, but sheesh...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jackets N Pones

johnnYYac

Came here to do the same thing, JnP... 'cept mine's bigger.   :wink:

Jackets N Pones

Haha well done Yacc attack. What are y'all doing to gear up for August 11th?

johnnYYac

Hoping I'll have operational modes for viewing at the new home in Iowa. Moving 11 days before BB returns. I wonder. Will it be on 9pm Central or delayed an hour?

MarkW

I've only just started watching BB - about half way through season two (and haven't read any of the above thread to avoid spoilers).  I need to get caught up... love it so far.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Jackets N Pones

Bought this on iTunes yesterday to get ready for the final episodes. Pretty cool, especially the fan art.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/breaking-bad-alchemy/id669224505?mt=11

johnnYYac

Cool comic book summary of the last 4.5 seasons, with more to come...

http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad/all-bad-things

Jackets N Pones

Has anyone else noticed the common "bug" theme in Breaking Bad? Any idea what it means?

1. Jesse (waiting on the street corner - before he attempts to kill the junkies that ripped him off) lets the bug live, and then Skinny Pete squishes it with no hesitation.

2. Fly episode

3. Tarantula in the jar

4. All of the "bugs" Mike and Walt use throughout the series - I think there is an actual episode called "Bug"

5. Vamanos Pest

6. Logo on the methylamine barrels

let me know if you can think of others

Jackets N Pones

7. Marie drives a Volkswagen beetle

Jackets N Pones

8. You're like a bee at a damn picnic...

Hank to Marie

johnnYYac

Moving to the Central time zone puts Breaking Bad at 8pm, too early with three girls to put to bed.  DVR is active.  Caught a glimpse of the opening scene... The end is beginning.

EverythingChanges

"If that's true.... If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."-Walter White

Oh and fuck AMC for making me sit through 30min of LWS before showing the preview for the next episode.  Seriously 30 min without a commercial break.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

parkervb

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Aug 11, 2013, 11:00 PM
"If that's true.... If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."-Walter White

Oh and fuck AMC for making me sit through 30min of LWS before showing the preview for the next episode.  Seriously 30 min without a commercial break.

this
Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

Great start after an awful wait.  Strong and intense right out of the gate. 

SPOILER ALERT!!! 

Putting Walt and Hank toe-to-toe so soon suggests some big doings to come.  The more I think about the implications of Hank's discovery... where that puts all past events... I can't imagine the position Hank is in and what he'll so. 

Will he take Walt's advice/threat?

"...tread lightly."

Jackets N Pones

Jesse obviously knows Walt killed Mike. But how?

***SPOILER ALERT***

I think he bugged the watch he gave Walt for his birthday in season 5a. Jesse owed Walt for bugging the Tercel in season 4.

wolof7

I like how they chose to put the Walt/hank confrontation in the 1st episode instead of making us wait. We must remember it may be the Walter White show but Hank is the hero. Can't wait to see what goes down.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee