Breaking Bad Discussion

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Jul 17, 2011, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Quote from: bowl of soup on Sep 10, 2012, 04:35 PM
I have not read this anywhere else, but there is another G.B. in Walt's life: Gretchen Black, his old partner at Gray Matter. We never really did see Gale expressly give Leaves of Grass to Walt - it was implied. Sure he quoted Whitman, but there's a reason for everything on this show.

A relationship between Walt and Gretchen was implied in earlier seasons and a poetry book is a gift that nerdy folks give each other, especially if feelings are involved.

At the very least it gives Waly a fairly ready explanation when Hank comes asking.

You sir, deserve an honorary PhD in chemistry
I'm surrounded by assholes

johnnYYac

Quote from: el_chode on Sep 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
I have not read this anywhere else, but there is another G.B. in Walt's life: Gretchen Black, his old partner at Gray Matter. We never really did see Gale expressly give Leaves of Grass to Walt - it was implied. Sure he quoted Whitman, but there's a reason for everything on this show.

A relationship between Walt and Gretchen was implied in earlier seasons and a poetry book is a gift that nerdy folks give each other, especially if feelings are involved.

At the very least it gives Waly a fairly ready explanation when Hank comes asking.

Definitely BRAVO!

Fuck forbes.com, though its an amazing article.  Its almost crazier than my Jacket obsession.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

bowl of soup

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 10, 2012, 09:08 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Sep 10, 2012, 06:01 PM

Definitely BRAVO!

Fuck forbes.com, though its an amazing article.  Its almost crazier than my Jacket obsession.

Well, thanks I guess. That article pretty much blew up theory - I guess I have to give back my PhD. I totally forgot that their actual name was not Black, but Schwartz.

Funny thing about Breaking Bad is that they rarely go for the cheap twist. When people die - they die. They rarely go for the typical either. I mean how many times have you expected to meet a a dirty cop or DEA agent - not a single one yet. I thought Gomez worked for the cartel for 5 seasons, but it seems that he's just a good DEA agent.  They show you everything before it happens - you just have to guess.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

so walts got over 200million dollars, is "out" of methylamine, and now has hank on him.  that's not including the Todd Brigade.  man Todd is going to fuck shit up so bad with his uncle.  those neo-nazi's from the hotel room seemed too important not to be prominent next season. 

Lydia is going to fuck walt over big time too if she gets pressured from the czech mafia or whomever she works with over there, bye bye lydia, here's some ricin in your tea.

I think that scene where the german business owner kills himself in the bathroom in episode 2 of this season was the beginning of walts empire collapsing.  unless walt kills all the loose ends, or flips on some punk and gets a plea deal because hanks his bro-in-law there is nothing but death in the poor, now psychotic dudes future.  8episodes left. 

ericm

I think we should do a "who gets ricined" poll.

I agree Lydia would be a good bet, just not sure they would tease us with her almost getting done in by it, and then coming back at her to finish the job.

I really thought it was gonna be Mike, but so much for that. Gonna have to think on it some more before I chime in with a final guess.
"Where's Jim going?"

Hawkeye

So many crazy theories that could be thrown out there...

Skyler's seems like she's gonna talk/threatens to leave...ricin 'er!

Jesse is outta control...ricin 'im!  (Would be especially sad/fitting after he thought Walt ricined the little boy)

I think Hank will catch him, but ultimately decide that he's not going to turn Walt in, for whatever reason.  Skyler and kids probably end up in some other state or in some sort of protection program.  Walt will kill Jesse, somehow.

My mind will probably change about all of this tomorrow...
Can't wait for the final season!
We could.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: ericm on Sep 11, 2012, 10:08 PM
I think we should do a "who gets ricined" poll.

I agree Lydia would be a good bet, just not sure they would tease us with her almost getting done in by it, and then coming back at her to finish the job.

I really thought it was gonna be Mike, but so much for that. Gonna have to think on it some more before I chime in with a final guess.

for sure, it's been around, what? two seasons now?  what if hank puts walt on lockdown and they do a search and find the ricin?  fuckin' loose ends.  I keep thinking of that scene where he's just sitting on the couch with his heisenburg hat and the single loose strand, just stroking it like his little monkey.  shit is genius.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Hawkeye on Sep 11, 2012, 11:23 PM
So many crazy theories that could be thrown out there...

Skyler's seems like she's gonna talk/threatens to leave...ricin 'er!

Jesse is outta control...ricin 'im!  (Would be especially sad/fitting after he thought Walt ricined the little boy)

I think Hank will catch him, but ultimately decide that he's not going to turn Walt in, for whatever reason.  Skyler and kids probably end up in some other state or in some sort of protection program.  Walt will kill Jesse, somehow.

My mind will probably change about all of this tomorrow...
Can't wait for the final season!

the ultimate would be walt jr. sprinkling it on his corn flakes but we all know that will never happen...

bowl of soup

The ricin is for Holly. They keep visually suggesting it. They wouldn't take so much care in showing him replace the face plate at least twice. It's coming loose somehow...

Hawkeye

Nice eye, Soup.

As a first time parent of a newborn though, that scares the crap out of me!  Not that I'm keeping ricin in my HVAC system lol.
We could.

bowl of soup

I really hope not, but I just thinks its inevitable. The little kid dealer got killed, Walt poisoned Brock, they killed spider boy - this show has not shied away from putting kids in harm's way. And everything comes around on this show.

ericm

Quote from: bowl of soup on Sep 12, 2012, 03:07 PM
The ricin is for Holly. They keep visually suggesting it. They wouldn't take so much care in showing him replace the face plate at least twice. It's coming loose somehow...

I could see that. The outlet isn't child proofed either. I can see Holly putting a coin or something in the outlet, sparks fly,ricin vial shatters, kid inhales it or gets ricin on her hands or face, and bye-bye Holly.

"Where's Jim going?"

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: bowl of soup on Sep 12, 2012, 03:07 PM

no way.  I think holly will die but not by way of ricin.  If hank confronts walt after that dump he's taking I could see hank getting slipped that shit in his "brew" or whatever they were requesting him to make. 

I could see walt jr. finding it and thinking it's coke or something.  still think walt jr. and his friend louis are going to start dabbling in the blue.  have we ever even seen louis?  he could be some cartel dudes son for all we know. 

bowl of soup

I think we saw Louis once, maybe twice. Maybe season 1 or 2 he came over and picked up Walt Jr. There was also that time that Walt Jr. tried to get the cop to buy him and his friends beer. There were 2 dudes with him and one was what appeared to big a big Native American dude.

el_chode

watching this spoilerific video made me realize something around 2:28 into it.

Posted in white below to see if anyone else guesses it first.

the teddy bear is gus
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Mar 26, 2013, 12:21 PM
Breaking Bad script stolen

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/26/breaking-bad-script-stolen_n_2955231.html
That sucks.  Anyone hear exactly when BB is returning?  The website just says "Returns Summer 2013".  I'm gonna need a refresher.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.