Breaking Bad Discussion

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Jul 17, 2011, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 24, 2013, 01:47 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Sep 24, 2013, 11:23 AM
We should all put money in a pot and make predictions on last episodes and death. Something along the lines of...

Will Jesse die?
Will Walt die?
Will Jack die?
Will Lydia die?
Will Skyler die?
Who will the ricin be used on?
Will we see Saul again?
Will anyone from Grey Matter die?

Tie breaker: Will Jr eat breakfast?

and we all put 5 bucks up and whoever gets the most questions right wins the pot. something like that.

fun idea, even if we don't do it, I am going to take a swing at these

Will Jesse die? Yes (THE hardest one to answer)
Will Walt die? Yes (see below for my guess as to how)
Will Jack die? Yes
Will Lydia die? No
Will Skyler die? No
Who will the ricin be used on? Walt (he's going to take the ricin, then turn himself in after using the M60 on the Nazis, he dies in custody)
Will we see Saul again? No (maybe only in a flashback - his present day story line is done)
Will anyone from Grey Matter die? No

Tie breaker: Will Jr eat breakfast? Yes (easiest one to answer)

BONUS - does Todd die?  I fucking hope so!  Dead-eyed, Opie POS

Yup, probably easier if we just do it for fun, so heres my predictions:

Will Jesse die? No.
Will Walt die? Yes.
Will Jack die? Yes.
Will Lydia die? Yes.
Will Skyler die? No.
Who will the ricin be used on? Lydia
Will we see Saul again? No.
Will anyone from Grey Matter die? No.
Will Todd Die? Yes.

Tie breaker: Will Jr eat breakfast? Yes.

I really like your prediction of Walt dying in custody. That would be awesome.

Also, my friends and I were talking about Better Call Saul, or whatever they're gonna call the show. My friend suggested that the final scene of that show should be Walt walking into Saul's office. That would be off the chain.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: APR on Sep 24, 2013, 01:51 PM
I assume Mike would be back as well.

That would be awesome.

Also, definitely watching this whenever it comes out.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/univisions-spanishlanguage-version-of-breaking-bad,97684/
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 23, 2013, 04:05 PM
I managed to snag one of the 300 s/n prints of "Breaking Bad On The Mount" that went on sale today (since sold out 'cept for eBay).  Really like it and couldn't resist...

Found it

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Sep 24, 2013, 07:27 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 23, 2013, 04:05 PM
I managed to snag one of the 300 s/n prints of "Breaking Bad On The Mount" that went on sale today (since sold out 'cept for eBay).  Really like it and couldn't resist...

Found it

The episode where they try to kill that fly so it doesn't contaminate is probably top 5 or 10 maybe. I'll have to rewatch the series when the box set comes out. Great poster!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

jimsflyingv

Hey as I am not a native speaker I did not quite understand what Saul said to Walther in the last episode when he said he will never be somebodys lawyer anymore and what his future will hold in Omaha, Nebraska.

e_wind

that whole scene can be summed up with Saul saying "its over." Walt wanted to keep working with him and Saul kept giving reasons not to.

jimsflyingv

I understood what he was saying in general, he just said something about ending up in Omaha, Nebraska and I was wondering what he was saying exactly.

Being a lawyer myself I kind of like Saul, he is my favorite character on the show although as a lawyer I of course condem his methods and ethics ;)

But I like his way with words e.g. sending somebody to Belize ;)

Bob Odenkirk is a great actor his Saul Goodman is the best sleazy lawyer since Walther Matthau in Fortune Cookie 

johnnYYac

The vacuum repair guy set Saul up with a new identity in Omaha.  As his face was plastered all over New Mexico, in adverts (and wanted posters?), he'll need to lay low and find something else to do...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

what Johnny said. Just where his new identity would take hime. I like Saul a lot too. I think it was smart to make a spin off prequel about him as opposed to any other characters. If they wouldn't have shown Gus's flashbacks, then maybe he'd work, too. He was my other favorite non-walt/jesse character.

Crispy

I hear the really big spinoff is going to have Skinny Pete and Badger hitting the road to tour with The Shins.

If I was Saul, I would think that Omaha was way too close to Albuquerque. I'd have asked for someplace a little safer, like Afghanistan.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

APR

What about a spin off of Saul being the manager at a Cinabon in Nebraska?  I'd watch that one.  He could wear those shiny suits to work there.  Seriously though, could a prequel have Tuco and his uncle as well?

I read an article where Bob Odenkirk said that lawyers always come up to him and say they know a lawyer like Saul (but no one has said they are actually the lawyer like Saul).

SauceGod

Sweet Nothing

Looking forward to tonight's episode, AMC has been kicking ass.  Love when Walt gets to the place in NH and looks at the movies and says "Mister Magorium's Wonder Emporium, two copies!"   Really going to miss this show!!  Rip Jesse if it happens

el_chode

Satisfied. NO half measures
I'm surrounded by assholes

parkervb

first impression as soon as Badfinger started playing - satisfied but not blown away.  I will be rewatching it later today but I am probably suffering from extremely high expectations.
Don't you ever turn it off

e_wind

I thought it was great. I watched it with about 8 friends and during the scene when all the nazis just start gettin blasted I looked around the room and everyones mouth was open and their faces looked like "holy shit!"

Jesse killing Todd. Awesome. Jesses whole role, despite the fact that it was short, was awesome. Great final episode for his character, imo.
The scene when Walt is at the Greymatter peoples house was one of my favorite scenes from an TV show or movie EVER. From him standing in the shadows, to him just lurking around, to the laser pointers. For the last week I've kept thinking that bringing those people back was stupid, and just complicated an already complicated story. However, the way he made them relevant was prefect.
Walt dying with "his baby", as VG put it, was great also, imo.
The scene with Walt and Skyler was amazing. All in all, I'm really really stoked on how it ended. I thought they did an amazing job. Well done VG and crew, well done.  :beer:

EverythingChanges

The song definitely took me out of the last scene in a bad way. It was too upbeat. Other than that, it was a fine ending.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Ruckus

If I'm to split hairs I'd say they tied the bow too neatly.  I don't participate or read any BB blogs, boards, etc so was wondering if there was any significance in the ricochet bullet deflecting off #10 that struck Walt.  Nonetheless bravo VG and crew.  Sits comfortably behind the Wire and miles ahead of any other TV show I've committed this much time to. 

Ricin Beans to Belize - what a trip it's been
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 02, 2013, 12:49 AM
If I'm to split hairs I'd say they tied the bow too neatly.  I don't participate or read any BB blogs, boards, etc so was wondering if there was any significance in the ricochet bullet deflecting off #10 that struck Walt.  Nonetheless bravo VG and crew.  Sits comfortably behind the Wire and miles ahead of any other TV show I've committed this much time to. 

So is The Wire better for the amazing seasons of 1, 3, 4, and possibly one of the greatest series finales after my least favorite season 5. I think Breaking Bad was more consistent, not a bad season.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

parkervb

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Oct 02, 2013, 01:07 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 02, 2013, 12:49 AM

So is The Wire better for the amazing seasons of 1, 3, 4, and possibly one of the greatest series finales after my least favorite season 5. I think Breaking Bad was more consistent, not a bad season.

ahhh, the Wire vs BB argument.  There is no wrong or right answer in this IMO.  I have BB slightly ahead based on the artistic facets of the show (cinematography, directing, music/score).  I would give a slight edge in acting to BB but it was a much more focused show with fewer characters so the margin of error is smaller (Cranston>>anyone on the Wire).  The storytelling and writing in the Wire was unbelievable. 

Season 5 overall does put a bit of a damper on The Wire for me.  I loved the newspaper storyline (Gus was a great character) but the McNulty/serial killer storyline didn't do it for me and I just didn't think it fit with the rest of the series. 
Don't you ever turn it off