Breaking Bad Discussion

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Jul 17, 2011, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marino13

"Bogdan's got a bug up his butt."  Not sure why, but I can't get that great use of alliteration out of my head.  It seemed like Cranston really enjoyed delivering the line as well.

FiddleCastro

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 18, 2013, 11:27 AM
I mustve missed smething, but why do they call him Flynn?

It's something that started way back in the first season, I believe.. Here's what the Wikipedias say about it:

QuoteHis father's absences and bizarre behavior lead them to grow apart, leading Walter Jr. to have his friends teach him to drive and his wanting to be called "Flynn".

It's stopped in the more recent seasons, but Hank and Marie still call him "Flynn"
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

parkervb

Quote from: marino13 on Sep 18, 2013, 11:56 AM
"Bogdan's got a bug up his butt."  Not sure why, but I can't get that great use of alliteration out of my head.  It seemed like Cranston really enjoyed delivering the line as well.

it's also another example of the use of bugs in the series.  Someone referred to that earlier in this thread
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 17, 2013, 11:14 AM
good interview with one of the writers on Ozymandias

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/16/breaking-bad-ozymandias/

That was a good read.  Thanks.

I love how seeing flash-forwards and flashbacks just make this show feel more like a puzzle you can't figure out.

We know Walt gets the ricin, but it can be for anyone.... I didn't even think of Lydia.  You could argue that it's for Jesse not because Walt hates him (as of right now) but to put him out of his misery.  It could be for Todd.  Or Jack.  And what about Marie?  She could still cause problems knowing what she knows.  It's hard to believe the next two episodes will be even darker. 

johnnYYac

So the writer in the above-posted interview verifies that Walt's intent when calling Skylar is to distance her from his crimes and her complicity.

Two to go. Hold on to your (pork pie) hats!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

EverythingChanges

Obviously Walt is coming back to use the M60 on the Nazis.  The question is, does Uncle Jack get a hold of Skyler before Walt shows up? I think Walt is going to put the ricin in Lydia's tea, since they always focus on her drinking tea.  I think Walt might let Jesse kill him, or do something very drastic to make amends.  He has already lost his family, so it would make sense for him to want to mend his father-son relationship with Jesse.  Granted, letting Jesse shoot him isn't really family-like.  I would think Walt's family would be put in protective custody, which would make it hard for Jack's crew to track Skyler down. 

Walt is obviously going to die.  The question is whether he is going to force his death before the cancer takes him, or if the show is going to end with the cancer winning, and with Walt all alone with no family, and without any inheritance for his children.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

ericm

Watching those NH scenes all I kept thinking about was Yac's long as hell old driveway!  :wink:

Are all rural NH driveways like that?  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Quote from: ericm on Sep 22, 2013, 10:24 PM
Watching those NH scenes all I kept thinking about was Yac's long as hell old driveway!  :wink:

Are all rural NH driveways like that?  :grin:
Not all, but... I've stared down my drive a few times over the past decade in winter and thought, "...tomorrow." 

MrWhippy

I loved in last night's episode how it seemed what really inspired Walt to not just turn himself in was seeing his old partners from Grey Matter on TV denouncing him and his role in founding the company. 

Made me think that maybe the guns he is getting are not just for the Nazis, but that maybe also he's planning to take out the Grey Matter founder or do something to get revenge on them. 

I guess he also could have been motived to not turn himself in by learning that the blue meth was back on the street, which he could have taken to mean that Jesse was still alive and being forced to cook.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 18, 2013, 02:47 PM
Quote from: marino13 on Sep 18, 2013, 11:56 AM

it's also another example of the use of bugs in the series.  Someone referred to that earlier in this thread

Yes! Follow the bugs

1. Jesse (waiting on the street corner - before he attempts to kill the junkies that ripped him off) lets the bug live, and then Skinny Pete squishes it with no hesitation.

2. Fly episode

3. Tarantula in the jar

4. All of the "bugs" Mike and Walt use throughout the series - I think there is an actual episode called "Bug"

5. Vamanos Pest

6. Logo on the methylamine barrels

7. Marie drives a Volkswagen beetle

8. You're like a bee at a damn picnic...Hank to Marie

9. "Bogdan's got a bug up his butt."

Also, did anyone notice the two birds in the air (Ozymandias) when Jesse looked up before he thought he was going to be killed in the desert? I immediately thought of the plane crash but why do you think they put that in there? Also the (rabid/problem?) dog crossing the street at the end of the episode?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

johnnYYac

I managed to snag one of the 300 s/n prints of "Breaking Bad On The Mount" that went on sale today (since sold out 'cept for eBay).  Really like it and couldn't resist...

Sweet Nothing

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 17, 2013, 09:41 AM
so, if the popular opinion is that Walt has come back as Mr Lambert to rescue Jesse, how does he know he's alive? I would think he believes the Nazis killed him.  Or is he coming back to protect his family by killing the Nazis and then discovers they are using Jesse as their cook? 

He said he had things left to do - he has to mean revenge for the Nazis killing Hank and taking his money.  I don't think he means rescuing Jesse since he gave the go-ahead and THEN dropped the Jane Bomb on him.

So, the gun is for the Nazis...the ricin is for???  Options: himself, Lydia...anyone else you folks can think of?

I think the ricin would be used in someone's tea most likely Lydia, but how does Walt find out that she had Todd and the skinheAds threaten his family.  Unless when Walt goes for revenge against Jack and his crew and by some chance over hears them mentioning the threat Lydia had them make to his family that's where's the ricin is destined for.  Question is Lydia knows Walt would want to kill her for that so the only way I see her meeting anyone would be with Todd somehow being alive.  I see her poisoning herself with the Astiva packets she always seems to need more of them and just the place for Walt to put the ricin in!!!!  That's how I hope it works but we will see this show has not let me down ever since the pilot it's been this intense from the start. 

parkervb

The New York Times article mentioned during the Charlie Rose interview with the people from Gray Matter:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/09/23/breaking-bad-the-gray-matter-of-charity/?_r=1&

parkervb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 23, 2013, 04:05 PM
I managed to snag one of the 300 s/n prints of "Breaking Bad On The Mount" that went on sale today (since sold out 'cept for eBay).  Really like it and couldn't resist...

those things are going for over $300 now on ebay. I think it's cool but I'd be looking for a quick profit.

johnnYYac

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 24, 2013, 08:57 AM

those things are going for over $300 now on ebay. I think it's cool but I'd be looking for a quick profit.
Yeah, sort of the Sophie's choice of poster collecting...

e_wind

We should all put money in a pot and make predictions on last episodes and death. Something along the lines of...

Will Jesse die?
Will Walt die?
Will Jack die?
Will Lydia die?
Will Skyler die?
Who will the ricin be used on?
Will we see Saul again?
Will anyone from Grey Matter die?

Tie breaker: Will Jr eat breakfast?

and we all put 5 bucks up and whoever gets the most questions right wins the pot. something like that.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

parkervb

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 24, 2013, 11:23 AM
We should all put money in a pot and make predictions on last episodes and death. Something along the lines of...

Will Jesse die?
Will Walt die?
Will Jack die?
Will Lydia die?
Will Skyler die?
Who will the ricin be used on?
Will we see Saul again?
Will anyone from Grey Matter die?

Tie breaker: Will Jr eat breakfast?

and we all put 5 bucks up and whoever gets the most questions right wins the pot. something like that.

fun idea, even if we don't do it, I am going to take a swing at these

Will Jesse die? Yes (THE hardest one to answer)
Will Walt die? Yes (see below for my guess as to how)
Will Jack die? Yes
Will Lydia die? No
Will Skyler die? No
Who will the ricin be used on? Walt (he's going to take the ricin, then turn himself in after using the M60 on the Nazis, he dies in custody)
Will we see Saul again? No (maybe only in a flashback - his present day story line is done)
Will anyone from Grey Matter die? No

Tie breaker: Will Jr eat breakfast? Yes (easiest one to answer)

BONUS - does Todd die?  I fucking hope so!  Dead-eyed, Opie POS

parkervb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 24, 2013, 09:55 AM

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 24, 2013, 08:57 AM

Yeah, sort of the Sophie's choice of poster collecting...

*googles "Sophie's choice"*

yea that can be a predicament.

APR

Don't sell the poster YYac.  It's a definite keeper.  I wish it wasn't sold out at $70 (poster scalpers suck).

The show does not disappoint.  There's a lot of ground to cover in one episode.  How does Walt get the gun, travel from New Hampshire to his house, and interact with all these characters we think he will talk to (or kill).... nazis, Lydia, Jesse, his family, his former business partner.

Not sure about this Sunday, but I know we'll see Saul again since AMC said yes to Vince Gilligan's new show,  a prequel to Breaking Bad based on Saul.  It will most likely have Gus as another main character.  I assume Mike would be back as well.