sweatboard

Some stuff I looked into.....

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858482347/1/DESC/

AIRPORTMAN
•   sallow skin
Of a sickly yellowish hue or complexion

•   Discounted
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discounted_cash_flow
The most widely used method of discounting is exponential discounting, which values future cash flows as "how much money would have to be invested currently, at a given rate of return, to yield the cash flow in future." Other methods of discounting, such as hyperbolic discounting, are studied in academia and said to reflect intuitive decision-making, but are not generally used in industry.
or
To leave out of account as being irrelevant. 

LOTUS
•   Flim Flam/ confidence trick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_trick
A confidence trick is an attempt to defraud a person or group by gaining their confidence. A confidence artist is an individual working alone or in concert with others who exploits characteristics of the human psyche such as greed, both dishonesty and honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naïveté, and the thought of trying to get something of value for nothing or for something far less valuable.

•   Lotus Eaters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus-eaters
In Greek mythology, the lotus-eaters (Greek λωτοφάγοι, lōtophagoi), also referred to as the lotophagi or lotophaguses (singular lotophagus /ləˈtɒfəɡəs/) or lotophages (singular lotophage /ˈloʊtəfeɪdʒ/), were a race of people living on an island near North Africa (possibly Djerba) dominated by lotus plants. The lotus fruits and flowers were the primary food of the island and were narcotic, causing the people to sleep in peaceful apathy.

SUSPICION

HOPE
Hog-tied
The term may also apply figuratively to an instance where a person has said or done something which has unpleasant consequences, and from which they are unable to escape

Alligators
Alligators are raised commercially for their meat and skin, which is used for bags and shoes.

Allegory
Allegory is a figurative mode of representation conveying meaning other than the verbal. Allegory communicates its message by means of symbolic figures, actions or symbolic representation. Allegory is generally treated as a figure of rhetoric, but an allegory does not have to be expressed in language: briefly, an allegory is a device used to present an idea, principle or meaning, which can be presented in literary form, such as a poem or novel, or in visual form, such as in painting or drawing.
As a literary device, an allegory in its most general sense is an extended metaphor. As an artistic device, an allegory is a visual symbolic representation. An example of a simple visual allegory is the image of the grim reaper. Viewers understand that the image of the grim reaper is a symbolic representation of death.
Not every fiction with general application is an allegory.
Rhetoric
Rhetoric includes the study and the use of language with persuasive effect

Schism
Schism (religion), a division or a split, usually between people belonging to an organization or movement, most frequently applied to a break of communion between two sections of Christianity that were previously a single body
Salvation
In Christianity, salvation is the belief that, as part of divine providence, God saves people from some or all of the following:
1.   from biological death, by providing for them an eternal life or long-lasting afterlife (cf. afterlife).[1]
2.   from spiritual death, by providing divine law, illumination, and judgment.[1]
3.   from divine punishment, particularly from Hell, by granting them acceptance into Heaven.[citation needed]
4.   from having sinful character and conduct, through a process of positive moral change.[2]
Hope
One psychologist argues that hope "...comes into play when our circumstances are dire", when "things are not going well or at least there's considerable uncertainty about how things will turn out". She states that "[h]ope literally opens us up...[and] removes the blinders of fear and despair and allows us to see the big picture [, thus allowing us to] become creative" and have "elief in [a] better future". [5]
Deliverance
The act of delivering someone or something : the state of being delivered; especially : LIBERATION, RESCUE
Go Out Friday
On one hand it's the day Jesus died and on another it's the last day of the work week.
Ladder 
Jacob's Ladder or Corporate Ladder
There's Still Time.........

ManNamedTruth

The songs are on spotify but the songs are out of order and include a couple songs from other albums, when I click on the album title for Up it shows the songs in order but won't play them. Anyone else having any issues?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

he.who.forgets

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Sep 28, 2011, 09:08 PM
The songs are on spotify but the songs are out of order and include a couple songs from other albums, when I click on the album title for Up it shows the songs in order but won't play them. Anyone else having any issues?
yep

sweatboard

That sucks, this album really needs to be listened to as a whole from start to finish with no distractions. 

Will you tube play the whole thing?

wolof7

Hey everyone after asking 3 members who were unable to host next week's album club I decided to take matters into my own hands here is next week's options as decided by my fiancee Alexis: I will leave it up to yous, plesae pick ur poison by friday afternoon!

or

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: wolof7 on Sep 28, 2011, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone after asking 3 members who were unable to host next week's album club I decided to take matters into my own hands here is next week's options as decided by my fiancee Alexis: I will leave it up to yous, plesae pick ur poison by friday afternoon!

or

Not familiar with any of those so I'm down for any of the 3. I like the Nick Drake surrealistic album cover the most so I'll go with that.

Ruckus

Wow!  Three albums I'm familiar with.  I'm cool with AC or ND
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

woodnymph

Oh man, True, you definitely need to hear Pink Moon!!!  I'd suggest the album club share Pink Moon, but I wouldn't want to see what people find themselves needing to complain about it  :-\  ...so I'd have to not lurk for that one  :-X  Hahah wish there was a rose-colored glasses filter, cause I'd love to hear the positive things folks have to say about it...

None of you stand soooooo tall....
Pink Moon gonna get yeeee all.......
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on Sep 28, 2011, 10:48 PM
Oh man, True, you definitely need to hear Pink Moon!!!  I'd suggest the album club share Pink Moon, but I wouldn't want to see what people find themselves needing to complain about it  :-\  ...so I'd have to not lurk for that one  :-X  Hahah wish there was a rose-colored glasses filter, cause I'd love to hear the positive things folks have to say about it...

The album cover has me sold already. Pink Moon off to an early lead.

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Sep 28, 2011, 11:01 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Sep 28, 2011, 10:48 PM

The album cover has me sold already. Pink Moon off to an early lead.

A perfect play the entire way through..... and it creates the perfect launch pad for heading onto the astral planes of dreaming.  I heard someone refer to it on here somewhere as being ''musical xanax''.... quite accurate...  And I remember some musician in Rolling Stone once referring to it as an album "you cannot turn the volume up too high" on, so mellow...

No matter what comes of the album club, you'll need Nick Drake in your life!  And hey, Jim covers "Northern Sky"!!!   And Sam Beam covers "Place to Be"!!!   :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ManNamedTruth

I'll plan to check out Pink Moon soon either way.

Wolof - if that trend continues, maybe we can add some more people you had down for round 2, or let other possible lurkers in sooner.

sweatboard

Pink Moon, I've never heard it.

Ruckus

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 28, 2011, 11:58 PM
Pink Moon, I've never heard it.
^super surprised. 

I'm excited to re-explore Drake.  Gonna do the whole trifecta tomorrow I think. 
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

wolof7

Pink Moon is a perfect album imho, wasn't surprised when Alexis chose it, it's one of her favs.....just keep in mind it's only 29 minutes long....got a strong lead tho  :thumbsup:

Truth....after the first member declined, I reached out towards 2 others who were further on down the schedule, by the time i got their declines it was Tuesday and I didn't have time to seek out another person to take it on.

...unsure how to proceed with that kinda situation.....might just chose one of the regulars to take it on should it happen again, which I predict it will.

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

mjk73

Penny Lane

a perfect fall album....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: wolof7 on Sep 29, 2011, 06:37 AM
Pink Moon is a perfect album imho, wasn't surprised when Alexis chose it, it's one of her favs.....just keep in mind it's only 29 minutes long....got a strong lead tho  :thumbsup:

Truth....after the first member declined, I reached out towards 2 others who were further on down the schedule, by the time i got their declines it was Tuesday and I didn't have time to seek out another person to take it on.

...unsure how to proceed with that kinda situation.....might just chose one of the regulars to take it on should it happen again, which I predict it will.

I have a bunch of albums id like to use in here, just letting you know.  ;)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

he.who.forgets

I'll vote Nick Drake as well since it's the only one I dont have