Occupy Wall Street

Started by e_wind, Oct 06, 2011, 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

CROSBY AND NASH OCCUPYING WALL STREET FOR A LONG, LONG, TIME  ;)

Crosby and Nash @ Occupy Wall Street - Full Set - NYC
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

WHOA there's a tasty bite from Crosby's solo work!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

SaraBananaBear

What the fuck is going on over there? ???

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

el_chode

I'm surrounded by assholes

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

e_wind

The Daily Show is making fun of it tonight. I like John Stewart, but the Daily Show sometimes tries to appeal to all audiences by pretending that liberal things can be crazy too, when in actuality its an obviously liberal show.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

el_chode

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Nov 16, 2011, 08:12 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Nov 15, 2011, 09:19 PM
So, is it over now?

nah

it is a crucial point. what happens next determines whether it becomes a "remember that from last year?" or "shit it worked" moment during the election
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: e_wind on Nov 16, 2011, 11:23 PM
The Daily Show is making fun of it tonight. I like John Stewart, but the Daily Show sometimes tries to appeal to all audiences by pretending that liberal things can be crazy too, when in actuality its an obviously liberal show.

stewarts brother is a big wig on wallstreet I think.  can't remember the deetz.  makes ya wonder tho.  I dig me some daily show and colbert report.  colbert has been doing a decent job of covering it.  It's nice to see him showing the police violence so people are at least aware of the overuse of police force. 

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: el_chode on Nov 17, 2011, 12:45 AM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Nov 16, 2011, 08:12 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Nov 15, 2011, 09:19 PM
So, is it over now?

nah

it is a crucial point. what happens next determines whether it becomes a "remember that from last year?" or "shit it worked" moment during the election

I'm really not sure.  the future is an interesting place.  I think more people will be out in the spring and when it's closer to the election.   shit'll get loud yo.

Crispy

Why can't liberal things be crazy too? One should always be able to poke fun at oneself...I find it pretty infuriating when people are unwilling to acknowledge any shortcomings on their side of the coin. As well as the idea that there are only two sides to be considered in the first place! I like that Stewart et. al. recognize weirdness wherever they find it.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

e_wind

Quote from: Crispy on Nov 17, 2011, 10:57 AM

Why can't liberal things be crazy too? One should always be able to poke fun at oneself...I find it pretty infuriating when people are unwilling to acknowledge any shortcomings on their side of the coin. As well as the idea that there are only two sides to be considered in the first place! I like that Stewart et. al. recognize weirdness wherever they find it.

For example, the show will make fun of Palin, and then to make up for it try to make up for it by making fun of the "liberal equivelent" to her. I'm sorry, but there isn't a liberal (at least in the spotlight) that is anything like Palin. Obviously there are liberals that I don't support, but there are not liberals that act like Palin - or Bachman or Bush for that matter. I think Stewart is really smart, and I like him. I also think his writters or ComedyC are afraid that if they're too anti-right wing it will hurt their ratings.

As someone who probably supports OWS, or at least most of his viewers do, it seems like he's more worried about his ratings, and politically that segment was counter productive.  It is, after all a political show.

Like I said, I like Stewart, I think he does a great job with his guests, especially the ones he disagrees with. Hes like a less edgy, more pleasant, funnier Bill Mahr. (though I trike Mahr too.)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Ruckus

Whatever Crispy ::)

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Damn you, Ruckus!  ;D

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 2112

I agree with His Crispiness. South Park does the same. The Right doesn't have the market cornered on crazy.  There are plenty of crazy people on the Left as well. Here are a couple that I can't stand:(and don't get me started on the crazy far-left Hollywood people)

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Tracy 2112

and I must say the OWS movement is a lot easier to laugh at than the Tea Party folks (I mean seriously)

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.