Roll Callers Gift!

Started by e_wind, Dec 06, 2011, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

check your emails people... horay!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 01:45 PM
check your emails people... horay!

I just saw it! What do you think it will be? :D :D :D

e_wind

more octoplasm? digital DL of this 7"? Whatever it is I bet its a digital D/L.

subinai

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 06, 2011, 01:49 PM

im thinking the songs intended for the muppets?

sweatboard

it's a subscription to Itunes  ;D
There's Still Time.........

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: subinai on Dec 06, 2011, 02:39 PM

My my thinking is that the songs on that 7" were the songs intended for the Muppets... but I could be way off.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

johnnYYac

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 06, 2011, 04:07 PM

My my thinking is that the songs on that 7" were the songs intended for the Muppets... but I could be way off.
I'm in agreement.  FA and OMS were originally written for the Muppet project, not rejected for the current Muppet movie, as every article today is inaccurately stating.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

subinai

see what you're saying. you're right

APR

I'm thinking this could be anything since the put it as "gift."  Why bother with the quotation marks...... maybe it's like a gift.

gardenparty

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 06, 2011, 04:16 PM

I'm in agreement.  FA and OMS were originally written for the Muppet project, not rejected for the current Muppet movie, as every article today is inaccurately stating.

didn't jim say in an interview that these 2 songs were rejected for the muppet movie?   
pretty sure i read that around Circuital release time

johnnYYac

Quote from: gardenparty on Dec 08, 2011, 03:28 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 06, 2011, 04:16 PM

didn't jim say in an interview that these 2 songs were rejected for the muppet movie?   
pretty sure i read that around Circuital release time
Before Jason Segel convinced Disney to make the current movie "The Muppets", My Morning Jacket were in the early stages of developing a Gorillaz-style experience, where MMJ would play live, "behind the curtain", to the Electric Mayhem band, as puppets, playing on stage or on screen to the audience.  The Disney executive with whom they were working got axed and the project fell apart. 

I only know for certain of two songs written, in one form or another, for that project - Friends Again and Outta My System.  Wonderful (The Way I Feel) may have also been orignally destined for this project.

Jim speaks about it during the interview included in the iTunes session Xmas EP that just came out.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

gardenparty

got it

i just noticed the dude from Flight of the Conchords did the music in the movie.

sweatboard

It really is a great example of how great ideas start out with this amazing potential and then fizzle out into some drivel at the hands of execs.  It seems like Jason Segal's heart was in the right place, I guess playing with house money leaves little room for wiggle. 

jaye

Quote from: sweatboard on Dec 08, 2011, 10:33 PM
   It really is a great example of how great ideas start out with this amazing potential and then fizzle out into some drivel at the hands of execs.  It seems like Jason Segal's heart was in the right place, I guess playing with house money leaves little room for wiggle.

But Jason Segal's idea had nothing to do with the project that MMJ was potentially involved with! 

sweatboard

Ok, I was thinking that Jason Segal wrote the script and wanted mmj and then a Disney exec got fired and the person that took his place decided that the mmj/electric mayhem band idea was a no go.  It's all so confusing. 

sweatboard

I'll put myself down to buy one copy of the indie version  :thumbsup:

gardenparty

basically, it just looks like folks are trying to bank on the muppet name any way possible.  i kid of course :beer:

sweatboard, excellent avatar!  I watch that special every xmas so it was cool to hear Jim say the same

robb

so now that we know that the friends again 7" comes with a digital download, what could this possibly be?
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Nicholas Yames

everyone is thinking it... nobody is saying it...

Potential for some T-5 Magic? Earlier than everyone else?

On the other hand... Jim (Yim) did mention January as a possible release date for his debut LP as a solo artist. Maybe a free taste of that?
and if all else fails, i'll come running back, wonderin where you went
with my heart.

e_wind

There are like 9 threads about this, but that's been suggested. And what I'm hoping for. Maybe a 12 song LP length taste or something.