Main Menu

Conan

Started by hazeyjane, Sep 19, 2003, 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazeyjane

I know y'all watched Conan.  What'd ya think.  It was so strange (in a very good way) to see them on the TeeVee, after three years of watching them in the flesh.  I was so nervous for them but I think they did a great job.  I'm so happy they rocked out.  And I loved the, "Thank you, Sir".  I expected nothing less.  Didn't sound as reverby as usual.  I wonder if TV audio guys had a problem with all the reverb?  

mdalilama

the "thankyou, sir" was pretty cute, wasn't it? I liked that Conan was ringing out his ears just before the commercial hit. I can't think of a better live song than "One Big" and they nailed it! I particularly liked the shots showing Jim, Pat, and Tommy at the beginning when all you could see was hair.
Mama, here comes midnight with the dead moon in it's jaws...

Panis

wow, that was a reall good performace. That was the first time I heard MMJ and they blew me away. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy that album.

StabWest

Ok, Conan just aired here on the west coast, and this was the first time I have ever heard of this band and I gotta say, I was impressed. What an outstanding performance, will be buying the cd for sure. Good job guys

TITUSdos

Dang! I missed it (but i guessed the right song, so that's cool). If anyone knows of a link to see this clip online, please post. :)

Flo

I just watched their performance (thanks to TiVo) and they rocked on "One Big Holiday", which was the first song they played in 1999 at our Harvest showcase webcast.

They're an amazing band with lots of energy and as Conan so perfectly put it "Gave 140%" during the performance, he also said he was gonna buy their record.

I see the hair as being almost a 'protection' against the spotlight. They blew me away...flo
52ND STREAM MEDIA, UNLTD.
WWW.52MEDIA.COM
POB 7005 LOUISVILLE KY 40257
SEND PRESS KITS GET ON OUR BROADCASTS

Oz

Can it be viewed on the internet somewhere, for us poor Europeans who don't even have a clue what Conan is?  :)
I'm ready when you are

peanut butter puddin surprise

Yo-
I taped this last night, and watched it this a.m. bright and early...what a great, great performance by the guys!  

I kinda wondered if Jim might slip on the floor, it looked slippery!  

All in all, it was fantastic.  Judging from the phlethora of posts here about the show, a whole new audience saw it last night.  Conan did the boys justice with the comments and kudos, what a guy.

Feel the love...spread the joy!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

C-Monkey

JOOOHN

I NEED TO SEE THAT TAPE.

I couldn't tape it and couldn't stay up that late. Get a hold of via IM if you feel like favoring me with your copy. I can come pick it up as long as you don't live across the river or something..(Hell I'd pick it up there too)

Funniesaru
AKA
Colette

khanja

That was indeed awesome. When I heard "One Big" chime in, I thought it was a bad choice, but I had another thing comin'...to put it simple, they kicked ass.

And Conan really seemed to dig 'em alot...hope that means they'll be coming back!

Did anyone notice the "edits" to the length of the song?

spazoola

i just saw these guys for the first time last nite on Conan.. I was very impressed. They kind of reminded me of an early 90s good old grunge/gargage band or something. I hope to hear more music from them soon.. (if I have enough money to buy the album) They are coming to my city soon, but I dont' know if I'll be able to make it :P
you smell

fakeplasticspivey

for all y'all that missed it (in the US) Comedy Central will re-air the entire Conan episode today at 6:00!!  Be there!

(sorry Team Europe!)

Ballzey

Fuck yeah!! I am from Louisville, KY (Graduated from Ballard High in 97) and I hadn't heard of these guys until now. I just caught them on the Conan show and it was so great!! I can't imagine how they are live!

And I was so happy to see a hometown band getting some exposure! Thats fucking beautiful!!

Will Anderson

Wow! My buddy burned me At Dawn, and I never really listened to it, but after seeing them on Conan, I was completely blown away! I too must purchase the new album

megalo

Good god. that conan performance rocked! I was watching it on comedy central... bout 5 minutes ago. came straight here to buy the album!

fakeplasticspivey

welcome everyone!  Good to see some new faces around here!  (in fact I think the # of people who contribute to this board doubled since Conan...)

technicpink

i just watched them on conan also and i am amazed...they totally kicked ass.

Brian Edward Alves

I've been waiting for a band like this to come around for so long.  I'm glad there's actually a band that gives tribute to the older bands instead of copying them outright (eg. Strokes, Hives, etc.).  I could tell by the end of that performance that these guys mean business.

Also, it's very refreshing to know that Conan has his head in the right place by complimenting these guys so much.  Makes me even more excited to go see a taping of his show in May.

Again, great job on the performance.  It was phenomenal!

-Brian
bea114@psu.edu

david offbeat

the music was good but it was hard to take them serious with the ridiculous hair.

the guitarist has perfect hair, all should follow his lead.

igor

i'd take their hair over the do that a lot of these garage rock/punk revival bands are wearing (romulan/just got out of bed look/etc.). and that kings of leon hair (the singer/guitarist), come on.  ;)