Main Menu

Country Mice

Started by Cameron, Jan 19, 2012, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

According to a reply on FB they will be announcing some tour dates in a couple of weeks.

Ob1jacobe

Loving this Album.   Are they getting any attention nationally these days?  This is the first I have heard of them.  Surprised they were not on more bands to watch out for lists, music blogs, etc.

jones

jones

My LP came yesterday and I must say that I was a little disappointed in the sound.  I am guessing that it is probably due to the band's budget (I don't think that the J. Roddy & The Business' LP sounds great either, so same situation?).  Does anyone else have it yet?  Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad that I bought it, it just sounds a little flat.  Also, I have a mediocre setup at best as far as my TT and speakers/amp go.

Ruckus

Quote from: jones on Feb 22, 2012, 10:17 AM
My LP came yesterday and I must say that I was a little disappointed in the sound.  I am guessing that it is probably due to the band's budget (I don't think that the J. Roddy & The Business' LP sounds great either, so same situation?).  Does anyone else have it yet?  Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad that I bought it, it just sounds a little flat.  Also, I have a mediocre setup at best as far as my TT and speakers/amp go.
yeah mine didn't sound great either.  Did yours come unsealed as well?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

jones

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 22, 2012, 03:36 PM
Yes, unsealed with an LP ring in the jacket.  Also, the paper sleeve was folded in on two corners.

Ruckus

Quote from: jones on Feb 22, 2012, 03:55 PM
Yes, unsealed with an LP ring in the jacket.  Also, the paper sleeve was folded in on two corners.
I only had slight ring wear and one folded sleeve corner. :bath:

jones

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 22, 2012, 08:16 PM
Oh, you sprung for deluxe! Baller!!!

:bath:   :bath:   :bath:

wolof7

Cameron, thanks for the suggestion. I have been listening to Twister for the past week and it's a great experience....between this album, WU LYF, Alabama Shakes and Willis Earl Beal there is some great new stuff goin around.....
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Penny Lane

i really love this album..his voice reminds me of Ian Brown (The Stone Roses) for some odd reason.

why no NYC show?!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
i really love this album..his voice reminds me of Ian Brown (The Stone Roses) for some odd reason.

why no NYC show?!
They had their album release at Mercury lounge last night.  Was wondering if anybody went.  Waiting on the vinyl so haven't listened to the new one yet.

Ruckus

Quote from: jones on Feb 22, 2012, 09:03 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 22, 2012, 08:16 PM
Oh, you sprung for deluxe! Baller!!!

:bath:   :bath:   :bath:
Straight ballin' for sure this time around.  My Hour of the Wolf arrived on President's Day in pristine condition and I can assure you that the vinyl sounds exponentially better than the last one.  As expected, I'm digging it.  They are all over the map stylistically but may have dropped the Morning Son sound a bit more and added some tracks with a solid bluesiness to them.  I think it's a damn solid 2nd record.

Ruckus

Upon 2nd listen, there are some sunny pop songs in here that may or may not appeal to some that loved the 1st record.  One song in particular reminded me of It's a Shame Lemondheads.

he.who.forgets

hope to check these dudes out tonight! Trying to recruit a friend or two to come but being St. Pats day I'm havin trouble getting any commitments. May fly solo