Forecastle: Other (non-MMJ) bands

Started by mahg33ta, Feb 29, 2012, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rats

i'm pretty excited to see atmosphere. i missed them at bonnaroo last year due to scheduling conflicts. they're a hip hop duo mc/dj from minnesota in case anyone is unfamiliar.

other than that the lineup is great. really interested in catching some bands i haven't heard before.

also excited for atlas sound. although i wish it was deerhunter instead, this should be a good show, and i really dig the newest album parallax.

oistheone

I can't believe I have never given Dr. Dog a chance before now. Why didn't someone set me straight?! In the four days since the lineup drop, I've grabbed all their albums, and man, all these songs are awesome. I can only imagine how great they're going to be live.

Good lord, I think this might be one of my most anticipated sets of the weekend!

bluesky

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 03, 2012, 11:36 AM
I can't believe I have never given Dr. Dog a chance before now. Why didn't someone set me straight?! In the four days since the lineup drop, I've grabbed all their albums, and man, all these songs are awesome. I can only imagine how great they're going to be live.

Good lord, I think this might be one of my most anticipated sets of the weekend!

love this. so great when you discover a band and just dive into all of their music! O, your face will melt!

el_chode

Quote from: BH on Mar 01, 2012, 03:43 PM
Quote from: oistheone on Mar 01, 2012, 03:28 PM
Really liking what I've heard so far, thanks for the posts everyone.

Digging Floating Action big time. Reminds me of a quirkier TTF-era MMJ.

I love the new Floating Action album.   I can't wait to see what it's like live.

I can hear that. Also reminds me of the Bees:

A Band of Bees This Town
A Band Of Bees - Listening Man
A Band of Bees - I Really Need Love
I'm surrounded by assholes

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Devil Ledbetter

I love Dr. Dog. I missed their set at Bonnaroo last year, so I was really pleased to see them in the Forecastle lineup.
We understand it's the '90s.

mahg33ta

Grimes and Adventure Club added to the lineup.

I am familiar w/ Adventure Club and not a fan.  But, it's Saturday which is already loaded so no big deal one way or the other.

Grimes I do not know.   Any comments?   (they play sunday)

rats

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Mar 08, 2012, 01:14 PM

I love Dr. Dog. I missed their set at Bonnaroo last year, so I was really pleased to see them in the Forecastle lineup.

no need to sweat it. they weren't at bonnaroo last year, so you didn't really miss anything. or perhaps you meant deer tick? i missed them too. and i heard they did a late night 'deervana' set in which they covered nirvana songs. missed that one too. damn. hope they're good live.

Fully

Quote from: rats on Mar 16, 2012, 11:26 AM

no need to sweat it. they weren't at bonnaroo last year, so you didn't really miss anything. or perhaps you meant deer tick? i missed them too. and i heard they did a late night 'deervana' set in which they covered nirvana songs. missed that one too. damn. hope they're good live.

I think I have a recording of their Deervana set. Let me know if anyone wants it. They were really great to watch that night.

Devil Ledbetter

You're right, they weren't at Bonnaroo last year, the year I missed them was 2010. I also missed Deer Tick last year.  This year, for the first time in three years I am not going to Bonnaroo, so I won't have to feel guilty about missing bands.  :-\
We understand it's the '90s.

robb

Quote from: Fully on Mar 16, 2012, 11:38 AM

I think I have a recording of their Deervana set. Let me know if anyone wants it. They were really great to watch that night.

you have a recording of the deervana set from roo? yes, please!
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Fully

Quote from: robb on Mar 17, 2012, 12:22 AM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 16, 2012, 11:38 AM

you have a recording of the deervana set from roo? yes, please!

I hate to say it, but I was wrong. It isn't from bonnaroo; it's from a show at the brooklyn bowl. I'm uploading now. I'll pm you once it's finished - providing you still want it.

robb

I actually already have that one. My buddy and I stumbled upon that show by accident after the Black Angels show and it would've been cool to relive it.  Thanks for the effort though.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

oistheone

Jeff the Brotherhood rock so hard it is hilarious. Can't wait to see them. Hopin' they get a smaller stage set, the crowd needs to be tight and sweaty for full effect.

johnnYYac

I forgot how much I like The Ravenna Colt.  And Johnny's videos are always well done.

He's hinted to me we'll see him join MMJ, too. 

The Ravenna Colt, "If Josie Wails Can Fail"

http://player.vimeo.com/video/16321889?color=3d3d3d
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 24, 2012, 09:41 AM
I forgot how much I like The Ravenna Colt.  And Johnny's videos are always well done.

He's hinted to me we'll see him join MMJ, too. 

The Ravenna Colt, "If Josie Wails Can Fail"

http://player.vimeo.com/video/16321889?color=3d3d3d

for that single reason, forecastle is worth the cost! I dig TRC, too.
Johnny Quaid *sigh* 
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill