T5 (Plus OTHERS) Reunion on 2.12.11 Roll Call

Started by trish_dooley, Nov 08, 2010, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdb810

Quote from: headhunter on Feb 08, 2011, 01:26 PM
Beth and I are excited to see everyone on Saturday.  We've had it a bit rough lately as our son's appendix ruptured suddenly last week and we have all been basically living in the hospital for several days. Happy to report that our son is doing really well after surgery and just came home from the hospital this morning.  Beth & I really need to celebrate and look forward to seeing everyone.

Wow, Jeff! Im so sorry to hear that.....Im glad he is doing really well, and we really look forward to seeing you as well! If you feel at all uncomfortable leaving him home, feel free to bring him with you.  Seriously. We will set him up with the upstairs TV and video games etc.  My daughter has several social engagements planned for the day, so she will be out of the house, but he is more than welcome. I know what it's like when you worry about the wee ones!  Take care, and see you Sat.
.....Back at the Model Home

headhunter

Thanks Trish. Last time we took Ethan to an MMJ event (NYE at MSG) he fell asleep!  :o

After spending almost a full week trapped in a hospital with his parents, my teenage son wants to be as far a way as possible from us (only partially kidding).  We will be having various family checking on him, and he should be fine.  Looking forward to seeing you and the gang soon.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

bluesky

Trish   I keep forgetting to ask. Do you have any cats? :o

Ruckus

Beth and I are excited to see everyone on Saturday.  We've had it a bit rough lately as our son's appendix ruptured suddenly last week and we have all been basically living in the hospital for several days. Happy to report that our son is doing really well after surgery and just came home from the hospital this morning.  Beth & I really need to celebrate and look forward to seeing everyone.

Oi!  So glad to hear your son is doing well now Jeff.  You sure he doesn't want to come along to hang out with all us cool people?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

tdb810

Quote from: bluesky on Feb 08, 2011, 10:17 PM

NO -- deathly allergic! like need an epi pen, break out in hives allergic  :'(

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ynwa

hiya!  i haven't been able to check in on the forum all that much.  usually, i do it on the sly @ work (exhibit a = now, shhhhhh) but we are super duper busy these days.  good thing as it's job security, bad thing as i miss all of the awesomness  :-\

lil sis & i are both really looking forward to seeing & catching up w/ y'all on saturday!  not sure if we are driving or training it as of yet.  if we drive & folks need a lift from the station, we can certainly lend a hand.

saturday can't get here soon enough - til then  :beer:

p.s. jeff - so glad to hear your son is home & recovering!
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

br00ke

jeff .. so glad to hear you guys will be there and v. awesome on the news that he is on his way back to 210% !!

i think us train takers can just walk from the station, it's like .. right there. walking places is no stranger to this NYC'er  :thumbsup:

question: is there a place nearby (walkable) to pick up drinks or some such. just trying to decide if i need to bring everything with me on the train or not. and by "everything" ... i don't have a clue  :D

Penny Lane

Quote from: br00ke on Feb 09, 2011, 01:08 PM
jeff .. so glad to hear you guys will be there and v. awesome on the news that he is on his way back to 210% !!

i think us train takers can just walk from the station, it's like .. right there. walking places is no stranger to this NYC'er  :thumbsup:

question: is there a place nearby (walkable) to pick up drinks or some such. just trying to decide if i need to bring everything with me on the train or not. and by "everything" ... i don't have a clue  :D

I can pick up whatever you want...I'm bringing that bottle of bourbon Crispy left after T5 (and something else)..it hasn't been touched...?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 08, 2011, 12:21 PM:dankk2:
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Feb 06, 2011, 09:10 PM
See y'all there.
hey! just saw this -- yeah!!

Me and my girl Amy are going to come, my car isn't fixed yet, so she's going to drive. Excited!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

twofingers

Sorry to hear about that Jeff, glad he's doing well again.

I wish I could be there to see all you wonderful folks. Have a blast, I'll see a lot of you in Alabama!
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

Crispy

Quote from: Penne BruLane on Feb 09, 2011, 01:35 PM

I can pick up whatever you want...I'm bringing that bottle of bourbon Crispy left after T5 (and something else)..it hasn't been touched...?
You still have that bottle??? ;)

I believe that "something else" is sweet vermouth, which you'll want to accompany that bourbon for your Manhattans. Don't forget the bitters! DAMN, I wish I could make it!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

br00ke

will ya'll be upset if i DON'T drink bourbon ;D i've been trying to distance myself a little b/c every time i drink it (on the rocks) .. trouble always follows  ??? i love it so much though .... mmmm BOURBON !!!!!! 

tdb810

hey girl! you don't need to bring anything put your pretty old self...seriously, no liquor or such needed.  there are shops along north ave where you will be walking, in case you have any emergencies, but we should be all set! 

johnnYYac

Checking the weather for the big drive.  Leaving light snow for 40s and sunny in NJ.  Must be fate.  I'll let the anti-cat thing slide.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bluesky

Awe what a relief. Can I say that I am glad you are allergic Trish? At this point it goes straight to my lungs. I carry an inhaler with me always.

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 09, 2011, 09:06 AM

tdb810

Quote from: bluesky on Feb 09, 2011, 07:47 PM
Awe what a relief. Can I say that I am glad you are allergic Trish? At this point it goes straight to my lungs. I carry an inhaler with me always.

wow, Val me too!  As I have gotten older, it has gotten worse, and I really do need to get an inhaler.  we can talk cat horror stories when i see you!

Penny Lane

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 09, 2011, 10:15 PM

wow, Val me too!  As I have gotten older, it has gotten worse, and I really do need to get an inhaler.  we can talk cat horror stories when i see you!

X3, i'm super allergic to cats and dogs...it sucks
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

tdb810

Quote from: Penne BruLane on Feb 10, 2011, 09:06 AM

i know, i have been to blame for every member of my immediate family not having a dog.  though, as soon as i moved out of my parents house, they quickly adopted a beagle and all was right with the world.

Jon T.

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 10, 2011, 11:21 AM
Quote from: Penne BruLane on Feb 10, 2011, 09:06 AM

i know, i have been to blame for every member of my immediate family not having a dog.  though, as soon as i moved out of my parents house, they quickly adopted a beagle and all was right with the world.

Sorry to JohnnYYac this thread   ;) but my allergies have gotten worse as I have gotten older too.  I was recently turned on to Quercetin with Bromelain and it has really made a difference.  Anyone else use this stuff?  You can get at at any vitamin shop.  http://www.lifesource4life.com/quercetin.htm