Record Store Day 2013

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 01, 2013, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

Just got Destroyer - This Night, Iron & Wine 7", and Doors/X 7".
Can anyone hook me up with any of these At The Drive-In, Built To Spill, White Stripes, Tame Impala?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

subinai

i picked up at the drive-in. on the hunt for JTE - yuma

Crispy

My RSD Wins:
Tame Impala EP (FUCK YES)
Shearwater & Sharon Van Etten (AWESOME)
The Joy Formidable (BADASS)
Tift Merritt (PERFECT)

...and I got a shitload of other non-RSD stuff. I am very lucky that the demand for Tame Impala in my region is not the way it is on this forum, as I was 1.5 hours late getting to the place I should have been, and there were three copies left, out of the reported 10 they had received, and the rest were gone five minutes later.

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Angelo

I struck out on jte Yuma too. I'm hoping to find one in philly next weekend

weeniebeenie

Quote from: Angelo on Apr 20, 2013, 11:41 PM
I really wanted JTE and Soundgarden but my record store didn't get them. :cry:
How loud can silence get?

Angelo

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Apr 21, 2013, 06:33 AM
That's a bummer weenie. Don't give up yet, there's bound to be some out there still looking for a good home  :thumbsup: . About a month ago I stopped in a random record store and found some RSD '12 leftovers laying around including the New Multitudes release. I don't know if I got lucky or if that record is pretty easy to find elsewhere but either way, guess where I'm going next weekend  :grin:

FiddleCastro

Headhunter and I on line before the doors opened.

I got:
Sharon Van Etten -We Are Fine/Hotel 2 Tango
Shearwater & Sharon Van Etten - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
The Joy Formidable - A Minute's Silence/Badlands
Sub Pop 1000
Stephen Malkmus performing Can's Ege Bamyasi
Elizabeth Cook & Jason Isbell - Tecumseh Valley / Pancho & Lefty
J.D. McPherson - Firebug
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

johnnYYac

Quote from: Angelo on Apr 21, 2013, 08:34 AM
That's a bummer weenie. Don't give up yet, there's bound to be some out there still looking for a good home  :thumbsup: . About a month ago I stopped in a random record store and found some RSD '12 leftovers laying around including the New Multitudes release. I don't know if I got lucky or if that record is pretty easy to find elsewhere but either way, guess where I'm going next weekend  :grin:
That's good advice.  I know my vinyl guy held a few releases for folks and if they don't get in touch within a week, they go back on the shelf.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

dmooney99

I went to two record store (they were less than a mile from each other). One opened at 9 the other 9:30.

First store:
Mad Season- 12' Above(expanded edition)
White Stripes- 12" Elephant 10th Anniv.
Rob Zombie- 10" Dead City Radio & The New Gods Of Supertown/Teenage Nosfaratu Pussy

Second store:
Gaslight Anthem- Handwritten Deluxe DVD and book
Phoenix 7" Entertainment
R.E.M.- Live In Greensboro CD

only one i didn't get which i wanted was the Soundgarden King Animal demos

manonthemoon

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 21, 2013, 08:00 PM
That's good advice.  I know my vinyl guy held a few releases for folks and if they don't get in touch within a week, they go back on the shelf.

Yeah I know I went by one shop today, http://www.crookedbeat.com/, and they still had a decent supply of stock from RSD and a few of the Soundgarden so if you check out their inventory online tomorrow they'll probably have it listed for sale as I think they said anything that's not sold this weekend will be placed for sale online.
Alive or Just Breathing

manonthemoon

Made out pretty good

The Band
Blitzen Trapper
Dust
Manchester Orchestra/Frightened rabbits
Misfits/Lemonheads

plus a few other non rsd stuff
Tenacious D 180 Gram
Black Sabbath 180 Gram
Mountain Goats Get Lonely
Crazyhorse Zuma

Only thing that I missed that I was really looking for was the Deftones release, but I'm sure I'll be able to find it at some point.
Alive or Just Breathing

scosby2

When I got there at 5 am? Last year I got there way earlier and was first, couldn't make it that early this year so was 4th

scosby2

Fully

I love it! You and lines! I can just imagine the anxiety about getting there first. :grin:  Looks like you got a really nice haul btw.

Dillsnufus

One of the selling points in Boston. Newbs and Hipsters go to the Newbury Street Newbury Comics.  I go to the Faneuil hall one every year. I got up 7:30 and got there 8:15am. I was 7th in line (3rd if they told anyone they moved the line).
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

weeniebeenie

Quote from: manonthemoon on Apr 21, 2013, 10:23 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 21, 2013, 08:00 PM

Yeah I know I went by one shop today, http://www.crookedbeat.com/, and they still had a decent supply of stock from RSD and a few of the Soundgarden so if you check out their inventory online tomorrow they'll probably have it listed for sale as I think they said anything that's not sold this weekend will be placed for sale online.
Thanks so much! I'll definitely check it out.
How loud can silence get?

Jeff Murray

Went to 3 stores and got zero RSD releases.  The main records I wanted was Mad Season and the The White Stripes.  Really wish I had better stores in my area, the third store I hit was about 30 miles away and I ended up getting the new JJ Grey and Mofro, Tool's Undertow, and Hoodoo Man Blues by Junior Wells and Buddy Guy, I could leave empty handed after the frustration of not finding the RSD albums I wanted.

The owner of the last store said he didn't order too many Mad Season albums because they will be releasing more in the future.  That didn't help me now!!  The guy is a know it all and loves to let everyone know how smart he is.  I try not to ask him many questions since he can be very patronizing. 
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Jeff Murray

Ten Club has Mad Season Vinyl up for sale if anyone missed it during RSD... must be a member to purchase though.
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

alienlanes

Was the RUSH Record Store Day shirt a Canada only thing or was it available elsewhere too?

I picked one of those babies up. It is sweet!

Mr. White

Quote from: alienlanes on Apr 24, 2013, 10:32 PM
Was the RUSH Record Store Day shirt a Canada only thing or was it available elsewhere too?

I picked one of those babies up. It is sweet!

What does it look like? Is it somewhere on the Internet? Can you post a photo of it?
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011