College Football 2013

Started by Tracy 2112, Apr 15, 2013, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 05, 2013, 03:34 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 05, 2013, 01:27 PM
Question for all you SEC'ers.  Jon T - Florida?  scosby - bama, davymac - georgia, tracy - ole miss, brooke - auburn, chicken?  If A&M were playing Ohio State in the national title game next January, who will you root for?

Fuck Ohio State, oh wait, fuck the Big 10 and the Big 12 and the ACC and the Pac 10 or 12 or whatever and Notre Dame 3x.

Now, after that, fuck Mississippi State, Auburn, Alabama, Johnny Me (but not A&M) and Tennessee. Oh, and since junior may be lurking in on this conversation, fuck Mizzou (but not really).

Braxton. Word.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 05, 2013, 05:02 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 05, 2013, 03:34 PM
Question for all you SEC'ers.  Jon T - Florida?  scosby - bama, davymac - georgia, tracy - ole miss, brooke - auburn, chicken?  If A&M were playing Ohio State in the national title game next January, who will you root for?

Fuck Ohio State, oh wait, fuck the Big 10 and the Big 12 and the ACC and the Pac 10 or 12 or whatever and Notre Dame 3x.

Now, after that, fuck Mississippi State, Auburn, Alabama, Johnny Me (but not A&M) and Tennessee. Oh, and since junior may be lurking in on this conversation, fuck Mizzou (but not really).

Braxton. Word.

Ohio State doesn't play anybody. Sentence.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

capt. scotty

With everybody & the media hating on Johnny Football, I personally am rooting for him and enjoyed his fuck you attitude last week. Longterm, he'd be best off reflecting on all the negative attention he received in the offseason and changing his ways, but I loved his antics last week and give him a golfclap for not giving a fuck about what anyone thinks.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

davymac

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Sep 03, 2013, 12:41 PM
I would personally like to thank the Georgia Bulldogs for losing their 1st game. You guys usually wait a few games to drop a stinker...Now for the love of God....fire Mark Richt....send him off to be an offensive co-ordinator like he was at FSU...we dont need a choir boy in Athens any longer...please send us a "Saban-like" killer...this Saturday is South Carolina...cant wait to see Spurrier make camp in Richts head....cant wait to see GA in the Poulan Weed Wacker Bowl played on Dec.14... :drum:...Mr.Richt you SUCK

JADEVEON WHO?!!? WHAT WAS THAT?!  Gurley made clowney and the SC defense his bitch! GO DAWGS!  :tongue:

I'm not the biggest Richt fan, but as a UGA fan I will always enjoy seeing the visor come off Spurrier...

Ruckus

Aaron Murray looks great davymac :thumbsup:

I loved the straight up beat down of Texas by BYU.  Just fascinating for a team with such blue chip talent to just have the ball run down their throat at will.

And as counterpoint to Manziel, how refreshing is Devin Gardner of Michigan.  Hate to root for the maize and blue but I like that dude.

The line for Bama at A&M opened at Bama -7.  I like Bama there.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Quote from: BH on Sep 05, 2013, 04:43 PM

You forgot BH-Mizzou.

I noticed the Illini have some votes in the polls.    Can they compete this year?
Stop messin' with me BH.  We might be the worst team in the Big 10.  Mizzou!  I love Blaine Gabbert

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 08, 2013, 11:19 AM
I loved the straight up beat down of Texas by BYU.  Just fascinating for a team with such blue chip talent to just have the ball run down their throat at will.

Add USC losing and it was a great late night

Mahgeetah34

USC should never be ranked again. They only get ranked because they're USC yet they're trash.

Texas A&M's defense looks terrible. Alabama should have no problem scoring. I'd like to see what they could've came up with had Nick Saban not strategically placed his bye week before the big rematch. If Alabama were to lose, I don't see the SEC getting a national title this year unless team's fall apart like they did last year.

BH

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 08, 2013, 02:25 PM
Quote from: BH on Sep 05, 2013, 04:43 PM

You forgot BH-Mizzou.

I noticed the Illini have some votes in the polls.    Can they compete this year?
Stop messin' with me BH.  We might be the worst team in the Big 10.  Mizzou!  I love Blaine Gabbert

What?!   I thought they looked pretty good Saturday.  I'm not messing with you!   They get a lot of pub around here so I was curious what you thought about this season.

Doesn't look like Gabbert's going to make it to game 4.  I obviously loved having him on Mizzou but I never thought he was a real winner.   No fire.   I'm hoping Chase Daniel gets a shot in KC but looks like Alex Smith got off to a good start.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 08, 2013, 11:19 AM

And as counterpoint to Manziel, how refreshing is Devin Gardner of Michigan.  Hate to root for the maize and blue but I like that dude.

What is this?  A Michigan compliment coming from Ruckus?    :shocked:

Seriously though, for all of the Manziel apologists making excuses about him just acting his age, DG is a whole year older than Johnny Fuckup.  Yet, somehow DG knows his role.  He graduated in 3 years, doesn't seek out the spotlight and when Sam Ponder asked what he was going to be for Halloween, he said he won't be dressing up for Halloween because he's the QB at Michigan!  Of course Ponder followed up by asking if he was too cool for that now and he was like, I know I'm not too cool for that as evidenced by him admitting that he spends his Friday nights watching Phineas and Ferb...  :smiley:

Btw, Brady Hoke was on the Dan Patrick Show last week and DP asked Hoke to finish the sentence, "If Johnny Manziel was your quarterback..."

Hoke's reply was, "He'd probably be playing behind Devin Gardner!"   :cool:

That's what you'd call a coach having his QB's back!   :thumbsup:

All in all, great win for Michigan Saturday.  I went old school as I was camping with our family for the weekend so I listened to the game via an iphone radio app next to the campfire!   :beer:  Unfortunately, I couldn't find any Michigan broadcasts so I had to listen to the ND broadcast which was painful at times...   :tongue:  As for the game, I was not going to fall off the ledge if Michigan were to have lost as I feel they are still at least a year away for being in the talk of competing for a NC, but I do think they are very much in the mix for getting to Indy for the B1G Championship and losing to ND would have done nothing to change that.  But beating the Irish and watching Brian Kelly's face turn different shades of purple is always super sweet !   :beer:

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 08, 2013, 02:25 PM
Stop messin' with me BH.  We might be the worst team in the Big 10. 

While Illinois wasn't that impressive in their opener against Southern Illinois, they certainly looked impressive Saturday against Cincy!  And I think Illinois is far from the worst team in the B1G.  Purdon't got curb stomped by Cincy the week before your Illini took the Bearcats to the woodshed.

You guys can make a statement this weekend against Udub who looked pretty good whipping up on BYU.  The same BYU that just probably put the final nail in Mack Brown's coffin for his career at UT.

And I'm wondering how long it will be until Lane Kiffin is fired at USC?  I'm beginning to wonder if he'll even make it thru the season?  I realize USC is dealing with NCAA sanctions and they have serious depth issues, but they still out talent just about everyone on their schedule, especially Wazzu?!  If they can't even beat Wazzu at home, it wouldn't shock me to see BC go out there and make them 1-2...

capt. scotty

Anyone else see Eminem's interview during the ND/MICH game? I realize this had got publicized a lot, but even watching it live it felt real awkward.

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Cant wait for Bama/A&M. Im just glad its a mid afternoon game because I was worried Id miss some of it for the Mayweather/Canelo fight  :bath:

iLikeBeer

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 11, 2013, 01:47 AM
Anyone else see Eminem's interview during the ND/MICH game? I realize this had got publicized a lot, but even watching it live it felt real awkward.

That was just bizzare.  Awkward is a good word to describe it. 

MOWJO8185

Obviously A&M/Bama is getting all the headlines, but I feel like there are some sneaky good Big 10 vs. Pac 12 games this weekend. Namely, Illinois/Washington, Arizona State/Wisconsin, and UCLA/Nebraska. I'm interested in watching all three of those.

iLikeBeer, congrats to you and your skunkbears on the win Saturday. I'm a Notre Dame alum, and it was very frustrating to watch how far our D has fallen from last year. I feel they made it somewhat easy for you, but not to take away from you guys, you played a great game offensively. I know Denard is like royalty among Michigan fans, but Gardner is just lightyears better at QB. You guys might be looking at a pretty great year, which pains me greatly to say.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Sep 11, 2013, 12:19 PM
iLikeBeer, congrats to you and your skunkbears on the win Saturday. I'm a Notre Dame alum, and it was very frustrating to watch how far our D has fallen from last year. I feel they made it somewhat easy for you, but not to take away from you guys, you played a great game offensively. I know Denard is like royalty among Michigan fans, but Gardner is just lightyears better at QB. You guys might be looking at a pretty great year, which pains me greatly to say.

Thanks MOWJO.  I loved Denard, but he was limited by his arm if you ask me.  He was fun to watch when he was on (ND games in 2010 and 2011) and painful to watch when he was off (ND 2012, MSU 2011).  Devin just looks like he has the whole package.  He has a cannon for an arm.  He has accuracy.  AND he can beat you with his legs.  He should have some stat padding games from now until Michigan meets up with PSU in Happy Valley.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 11, 2013, 04:56 PM

Thanks MOWJO.  I loved Denard, but he was limited by his arm if you ask me.  He was fun to watch when he was on (ND games in 2010 and 2011) and painful to watch when he was off (ND 2012, MSU 2011).  Devin just looks like he has the whole package.  He has a cannon for an arm.  He has accuracy.  AND he can beat you with his legs.  He should have some stat padding games from now until Michigan meets up with PSU in Happy Valley.

He DOES seem to have the whole package! Like making good decisions under pressure! You gotta figure the time the ball was in the air bled a little clock for the Wolverines.

Devin Gardner Throws An Interception In The End Zone Vs. Notre Dame

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 11, 2013, 04:58 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 11, 2013, 04:56 PM

He DOES seem to have the whole package! Like making good decisions under pressure! You gotta figure the time the ball was in the air bled a little clock for the Wolverines.

So the commentator's quote during the game was he should have taken the safety.  Well he wasn't trying to throw a pick either.  The way the offense was able to move the ball against ND, getting the ball back, even after the bad TD giveaway may have been better than giving ND the ball back with a short field at that point in the game.  It's always an interesting debate. 

I'm gonna call Gardner "Baby Manziel"  from now on.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 11, 2013, 11:40 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 11, 2013, 04:58 PM

So the commentator's quote during the game was he should have taken the safety.  Well he wasn't trying to throw a pick either.  The way the offense was able to move the ball against ND, getting the ball back, even after the bad TD giveaway may have been better than giving ND the ball back with a short field at that point in the game.  It's always an interesting debate. 

I'm gonna call Gardner "Baby Manziel"  from now on.

It's also called a learning experience.  That was basically the only poor decision Devin made in the entire game.  ND was blitzing him all night long and I'd say he handled most of the pressure he faced just fine.  Oh, and Michigan STILL won by 11 despite Gardner's gift to them. 

It was also just his 7th start.  And if there is one knock on Devin it is that he has been prone to trying to force throws he shouldn't make.  However, in his 2 starts this year, I feel he has done a much better job of throwing the ball away when nothing is there.  Oh, and he did have 5 td's (4 passing, 1 rushing) and 294 yards passing (and another 80+ rushing) so I think he did ok despite the one gaff he had with his pick 6...

And Ruckus, I'll pass on adopting your nickname...  :tongue:   :wink:

iLikeBeer

Any of you SEC honks hear about this yet:

Documents, text messages reveal impermissible benefits to five SECheat players

One of the players in question is DJ Fluker from Alabama and if the allegations prove true, Bama could be forced to vacate their 2012 NC.  Although, this is the NCAA we're talking about and we all know they can't figure out how to get their heads out of their own asses so I doubt very strongly if anything come of this.  There's more important fish to fry than trying to actually curb the rampant cheating that goes on in the SEC like making sure programs don't spend too much time stretching...  :rolleyes: