"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHIMMJFAN

I am so happy for all that could attend this trip! These set lists are making me dizzy........Continue to have a great time and know that great vibes are coming from those of us in the States and beyond that were not able to make it!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

bhyman

I'm thinking (hoping) that Bobby should join MMJ for a Pete Seeger tribute in their final set. I'd love to here them cover "Turn, Turn, Turn", but any Pete Seeger song would be great.

EverythingChanges

Think you guys will get to hear a new song on the final set?  If not, I'd expect to hear some sort of news from the new album soon enough.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

alexzbik

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 28, 2014, 02:16 PM
Think you guys will get to hear a new song on the final set?  If not, I'd expect to hear some sort of news from the new album soon enough.

Just got knocked out of the poker tourney. Both Bo and Carl played and had $150 bounties on both of them. I sat next to Bo. He got barraged with questions. My question was any new songs tomorrow night. He said no b/c they don't really know them yet plus they aren't sure what will actually make the album. He said they recorded about 18 songs so far and will probably record a few more.

Very fun experience. Bo def knows what he is doing at the poker table but he did get knocked out kind of early.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: layin low on Jan 28, 2014, 12:29 PM
Also, haven't seen the guys much around here but Flaming Lips and Pres Hall are def. staying here. Wayne Coyness ate dinner next to us two nights ago and I just talked to the tuba player from Pres in the breakfast line

I was wondering just how accessible the band has been during the down time...

Anyone have any run ins with the boys by the pool or at the bar or at the beach?

MikeR1390

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jan 28, 2014, 06:07 PM
Quote from: layin low on Jan 28, 2014, 12:29 PM
Also, haven't seen the guys much around here but Flaming Lips and Pres Hall are def. staying here. Wayne Coyness ate dinner next to us two nights ago and I just talked to the tuba player from Pres in the breakfast line

I was wondering just how accessible the band has been during the down time...

Anyone have any run ins with the boys by the pool or at the bar or at the beach?

They seem to be staying at another resort close by. I believe this was rumored to happen anyways.

http://instagram.com/p/jr7WJINuNn/

Latest pic from Tom. The HRH doesn't have a real beach so proof they are elsewhere.

Non Sin Breaux

Would love to see all 3 of the shows into a DVD/BluRay format, I know it's not gonna happen but I would still pay alot of money to make it happen.
[url="https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas"]https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas[/url]

oistheone

Quote from: alexzbik on Jan 28, 2014, 06:02 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 28, 2014, 02:16 PM

Just got knocked out of the poker tourney. Both Bo and Carl played and had $150 bounties on both of them. I sat next to Bo. He got barraged with questions. My question was any new songs tomorrow night. He said no b/c they don't really know them yet plus they aren't sure what will actually make the album. He said they recorded about 18 songs so far and will probably record a few more.

Very fun experience. Bo def knows what he is doing at the poker table but he did get knocked out kind of early.

Well done!!

rincon2

Forum members! there is a HUGE contingent of fans as big as us who pay no attention this site. Here is a few shots of night 2, the first time I used my real camera at an MMJ show.

Mr. White

I like that last photo rincon2, Bob and Jim side-by-side sending it out to the Universe!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Non Sin Breaux

I still would love to know what The Flaming Lips played and if they saw alot of naked women walking around.  :cool:
[url="https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas"]https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas[/url]

layin low

Man, it's 3:30 am local time and the DJ set is still going on. Mostly Patrick, Bo and Tom. Carl was there briefly at the start. No sign of Jim. Was really live ... think 90s rap, old soul, etc. and to the kid who got to spend the entire time behind the DJ booth, I want your childhood.

PS Didn't see any naked women at Flaming lips but there was a group of girls who decided to go down the water slide topless so there's that...

searchinbig

Quote from: rincon2 on Jan 28, 2014, 08:34 PM
Forum members! there is a HUGE contingent of fans as big as us who pay no attention this site. Here is a few shots of night 2, the first time I used my real camera at an MMJ show.

That picture of Ace and Jim is making me cream my pants!! 

Thanks for posting. What an epic experience you all are having. Enjoy every second!!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

kintante5

Someone has had to of heard something about summer festivals or when they plan to tour again.  Please enlighten

Mr. White

Here's a link to Jam Base where that guy (Dave Vann) has more photos of OBH. The link is for Monday, January 27, 2014 (MMJ OBH - Night 2). There are 29 photos, and several have the guests enjoying the pool and just having fun.

http://www.jambase.com/Gallery/1086/Photo/50895/My-Morning-Jacket-photo-at-Hard-Rock-Hotel-Riviera-Maya-Riviera-Maya-1.27.2014
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

alexzbik

MMJ 1/29/14 One Big Holiday 3

I: Victory Dance, Outta My System, Lowdown, I'm Amazed, Golden, Harvest Moon, Carried Away, O Is The One That Is Real, Strangulation -> (end of) Run Thru, Dondante, Don't Do It*, Anytime

II: Wordless, Touch Me Pt 1, Day Is Coming, Isn't It A Pity^, Careless Whisper, Highly Suspicious*, Dancefloors*, All Night Long*%, Rock the Casbah

e: One Big Holiday

*w/Preservation Hall Jazz Band
^w/Wayne Coyne
%w/Dave Givan

Show Notes:
Careless Whisper included band/crew throwing bananas into crowd and wishing Carl Happy Birthday with a cake.
Rock the Casbah included Wayne Coyne holding up lyrics on the back of show posters then throwing the posters into crowd.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

themarsvolta

rincon2

Quote from: alexzbik on Jan 30, 2014, 01:59 AM
MMJ 1/29/14 One Big Holiday 3

I: Victory Dance, Outta My System, Lowdown, I'm Amazed, Golden, Harvest Moon, Carried Away, O Is The One That Is Real, Strangulation -> (end of) Run Thru, Dondante, Don't Do It*, Anytime

II: Wordless, Touch Me Pt 1, Day Is Coming, Isn't It A Pity^, Careless Whisper, Highly Suspicious*, Dancefloors*, All Night Long*%, Rock the Casbah

e: One Big Holiday

*w/Preservation Hall Jazz Band
^w/Wayne Coyne
%w/Dave Givan

Show Notes:
Careless Whisper included band/crew throwing bananas into crowd and wishing Carl Happy Birthday with a cake.
Rock the Casbah included Wayne Coyne holding up lyrics on the back of show posters then throwing the posters into crowd.
COVERS!