"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63schoefflin

It still boggles my mind how they don't have the audio available for download for every show. This is a dept that they lack in behind basically every other great band. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subinai

Quote from: 63schoefflin on Jan 31, 2014, 04:50 PM
It still boggles my mind how they don't have the audio available for download for every show. This is a dept that they lack in behind basically every other great band. Bummer.

it took a week or so, i think, to get the PC 2012 shows uploaded. i hope that we would see them next week.

ericm

Quote from: subinai on Jan 31, 2014, 05:27 PM
Quote from: 63schoefflin on Jan 31, 2014, 04:50 PM

it took a week or so, i think, to get the PC 2012 shows uploaded. i hope that we would see them next week.

Patience 63. Like subinai said, it took a week or so for the PC shows.

Hell, could be worse,Springsteen just started doing this last week after 40 F*CKING YEARS!!
"Where's Jim going?"

bpmac79

JUST GET THAT PWW ON THE INTERWEBS PLEASE!!!!!!

63schoefflin

Ha, true. But back when he was tearing it up people didn't have the ease to throw a show up online that easy. And I guess I feel like everyone should be as quick as Phish and put out the official mp3 a few hours after the show. Hell, even Pearl Jam making me wait weeks seems like forever now.

But yeah, that PWW was just silly.

adastra

It takes time because the band chooses to have it properly mixed for the format, rather than rushing out a straight board mix. Want quality? Gotta be patient.

ericm

Well now that they have the same management team as Phish, I think there's hope that in the future shows will be available a lot sooner.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

dylyn

Lol the PC shows were available the night after one another

Edit : I'm only positive about this cause I drove some random dude home night 3 and I remember forcing him to listen to "Evelyn > octoplasm" from night 1

Murph

Quote from: dylyn on Jan 31, 2014, 06:02 PM

Edit : I'm only positive about this cause I drove some random dude home night 3 and I remember forcing him to listen to "Evelyn > octoplasm" from night 1

That was my buddy and me.  I remember being so amazed that you had that show already.  Thanks for the ride again, so clutch. I'll repay one day

Crispy

Quote from: Murph on Jan 31, 2014, 06:28 PM

That was my buddy and me.  I remember being so amazed that you had that show already.  Thanks for the ride again, so clutch. I'll repay one day

Murph = some random dude  :grin:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

SpaceWrangler

Speaking of which... How about Evelyn > Masterplan > Steam Engine from night one at OBH!? Shit was Banas-nanas! Wish I could be listening to that right now. Best Masterplan I've heard them play..

That was just from the first set of the first night! What an awesome week! It was the first time I've gotten a chance to meet other MMJ fans and everyone was so cool and nice (usually don't speak to anyone while I'm rocking out, so the free time in between shows was an awesome time getting to know folks). I'm excited to see all my new friends again at the 2014 tour stops - I'll be at several shows. I'll bring La Mota :wink:
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED

adamfortune

One of the best weeks of my life!  Amazing!  That cover of "Dear Prudence" with Bob was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!  The set lists were unbelievable and got better each night, which didn't seem possible

SpaceWrangler

Quote from: adamfortune on Jan 31, 2014, 07:05 PM
One of the best weeks of my life!  Amazing!  That cover of "Dear Prudence" with Bob was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!  The set lists were unbelievable and got better each night, which didn't seem possible

Sure was nice of them to let that homeless dude on stage (just kidding, Bob - go back to your trash can. I still love you)

Rider and Brown Eyed Women were my fav Weir collaborations

SpaceWrangler

Quote from: bpmac79 on Jan 31, 2014, 05:38 PM
JUST GET THAT PWW ON THE INTERWEBS PLEASE!!!!!!

+1 ... best p-dubs(Phone Went West) I've ever heard them play

Based on these last three shows, I think 2014 is going to bring more jams like PWW the other night

SpaceWrangler

My highlight was the entire 2nd night

The Dark opener
Sing You Songs > P-Dubs
Sweet Nothin > black metal > TMIGS pt2
And every other song for that matter

Head exploded the entire night... So Thanks IMeMine for posting all the set lists to help my memory.

They played like 3.5 hours I think. Felt like a lifetime

KittyKy

Carl was El Fuego, totally right ImeMine, he destroyed everything he picked up!

Night 2 was the night for me!

What a fantastic couple of days...

See ya'll this summer!

DaFunkyPrecedent

wait - they didn't play on the 28th at all?
God damn those shaky knees.

JTG1975

Quote from: makio on Jan 31, 2014, 04:01 PM
I've lurked here off and on for a while, mostly just to get up to speed on gossip for shows I'd be attending.

I just got back to work after 24 hours of travel hell...delays, cancellations, stand-bys, sleeping at ATL, still don't have luggage.  And boy do I hate this job I've come back to.  So I keep daydreaming about the past few days.

One little thing from these shows stands out to me, in my pondering retrospect, of what a cool experience this was.  The little thing was all those wonderful glow-sticks.  I don't know who came up with it, if Cloud 9 was involved, or folks from here who planned ahead, whatever.  What I did think was so damned cool was that, here is this band, certainly popular, but not widespread, and it's relatively challenging music to get into as far as rock...by that I mean you've got to put in your time, listening, enjoying, seeking out the rare stuff, all of that.  So anyways, they take the stage, and no matter what they are going to open with, everyone is ready, all on the same page, we know the song, we know when it kicks, we know the most epic moment to throw those beautiful sticks up in the air.  9 bands out of 10 at MMJ popularity or better, they're going to have their own sparks or lights or whatever to accentuate the songs.  But here we had this beautiful symmetry of spirit, we were their special effects, shooting up into the sky at just the right moments, and then there decorating the show the rest of the night.  Victory Dance the last night was the best example of this.  I was just smiling ear to ear taking it all in.

Anyways, I'm delirious from lack of sleep, so maybe I'm on my own with this happy thought.  But to me that one fun little idea exemplified the vibe of the entire event.  We were all there enjoying the band and this music, that for whatever reason, clicks with us, I think in pretty deep ways for a lot of us.  Everyone there was into it, and loving it, and was going to stay 'til the last drop every night, soaking it all in.

Good times.  Thanks to anyone reading this who had anything to do with making this happen.

good post here. I am dying to see more video from the bands perspective.

There's a short 20 seconds of OBH from a keyboard tech out there on instagram. It's amazing. Many times, I sat there thinking "man, I wonder what this looks like from their perspective". Night 3 the glow stick throw caught Carl's eye and drew a quick smile. There were a few more moments like that when you just knew their minds were melting just a little too.

The energy they were throwing out was being tossed right back at them. Pretty surreal at times. So good.

ericm

Glad to hear everyone had a blast, but glow stick throws?  Really?  :shocked:

What's next, beach balls?
"Where's Jim going?"