Next Tour - who should they tour with?

Started by ChiefCrowe, Jan 17, 2005, 06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanjam

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Jul 16, 2013, 09:05 PM
I'm thinking Tame Impala/Portugal The Man
Yes.  Both fantastic choices.  But they both might be getting too big.  That tour would have to happen now, I think.

I am a huge Futurebirds champion right now, so that would be my vote.
anything + reverb always = better

bartel

buster douglas

An undiscovered local act in every city  :drum:

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

MrWhippy

I don't know if Alberta Cross has been mentioned yet, but I'd love to see them as an opener for MMJ.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

robb

MMJ should just play two sets.  Do a Band tribute show before the actual Jacket show and donate some of the ticket sales to Levon's barn.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Tired Eyes

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 25, 2013, 10:55 AM
Alabama Shakes?

That would be great but it won't happen.  Alabama Shakes are too big to open for MMJ.

Fully

Alabama Shakes?
I really have no need to see them again until they release a new album. (Disclaimer: I'm going to see them with my sister because she asked me to go with her, and we haven't seen a show together since Loverboy when I was in seventh grade, 1981.)

e_wind

Quote from: Fully on Jul 25, 2013, 11:30 AM
Alabama Shakes?
I really have no need to see them again until they release a new album. (Disclaimer: I'm going to see them with my sister because she asked me to go with her, and we haven't seen a show together since Loverboy when I was in seventh grade, 1981.)

I'm with you. At forecastle, my 3rd Shakes show, I was bored. They got way way way over hyped and played for having only one album. I'm totally burnt out.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

justbcuzido

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 25, 2013, 11:38 AM
Alabama Shakes?

I'm with you. At forecastle, my 3rd Shakes show, I was bored. They got way way way over hyped and played for having only one album. I'm totally burnt out.

Here here, I have now seen them 3 times. These were shows where they headlined (no fest sets), the longest they have played was just over an hour. hour and 15 to be exact. I know MMJ has spoiled me with long shows, but to charge what they did and only play that long, not worth it to me anymore.

So until they release more music, or start playing longer, I have no plans on spending money on their shows.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Shug

"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

manonthemoon

Alive or Just Breathing

manonthemoon

Alabama Shakes?

Ignignokt's opinion of Loverboy

Hopefully they were just as good in 81 as they were in 85.
Alive or Just Breathing

Tired Eyes

ms. yvon

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jan 19, 2005, 12:49 AM
I also really like the Wilco/Jacket tour idea!
ChiefO, you are psychic.  SO IT HAS COME TO PASS!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

Quote from: JacketGal on Mar 02, 2005, 08:21 AM
What about having no one open and we could have a two set Jacket show with all the songs we've ever wanted to hear??

:o ;D
this ALSO happened.  wow!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Jul 14, 2013, 01:31 PM
Ans how can I forget Charles Bradley, Lee Fields, and The Roots.  Great possibilities for covers.  Har Mar Superstar abd The Heavy would be great, too.
YES YES YES!  please start booking these dance parties now.  :cheesy:

also, my 8 year campaign continues:
HELIO SEQUENCE