Next Tour - who should they tour with?

Started by ChiefCrowe, Jan 17, 2005, 06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

how about Calexico? dont know if they've been mentioned yet....

realdeal

iron & wine make me want to jump off a cliff.....how can anyone listen to that boring crap

manonthemoon

Thought I would bump this as I was just thinking who else would be great for MMJ to tour with and I after reading this Post there seems like quite a few good options here and a couple that actually came true.  If I could choose one band fo the boys to tour with it would be TV on the Radio.  Those would be some funky experimental shows and would love to see some collaboratons between the groups.
Alive or Just Breathing

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 05, 2013, 12:38 AM
Someone who opens for them.
Boom -Down! One punch and this topic is knocked out.

walterfredo

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 05, 2013, 12:38 AM
Someone who opens for them.

My vote would be nobody other than themselves.  Nothing beats....'An Evening With' in my opinion. 

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 05, 2013, 12:44 PM
My vote would be nobody other than themselves.  Nothing beats....'An Evening With' in my opinion.

Seconded  :thumbsup:  :beer:

"Where's Jim going?"

millerjustin

Agreed - I prefer to get right to business with MMJ. 

If we HAD to have an opener, I didn't mind Floating Action in PC.  The double drum kits were solid.  Also, while I didn't love Antiballas as a band, their horns made PC2 a very rich recording (despite a couple of errant honks here and there).

What's in here won't disappear

EverythingChanges

I just can't wait for jacket to go on a solo tour again. Get that album recorded!

Also, after seeing wilco, I really want to see them by themselves as well.

But yeah I agree with floating action. I'd be really happy with wax fang as well.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

CountSA

After NYE I've come to the conclusion that Preservation Hall should be the permanent opening band for them.

Fully

Quote from: CountSA on Jul 08, 2013, 04:15 PM
After NYE I've come to the conclusion that Preservation Hall should be the permanent opening band for them.
I'm always happy to see them perform. Ii can't imagine getting tired of them. I was so happy when bonnaroo had sense and moved their set to before the superjam. They are perfect.

manonthemoon

Quote from: ericm on Jul 05, 2013, 04:16 PM

I would agree with that, but there has only been one show, RCMH, that I have been to that has been that way and I don't think the boys will being doing that on an entire tour basis.
Alive or Just Breathing

ericm

Quote from: manonthemoon on Jul 08, 2013, 09:23 PM

I would agree with that, but there has only been one show, RCMH, that I have been to that has been that way and I don't think the boys will being doing that on an entire tour basis.

I think you're right, and if that's the case I'm gonna 2nd CountSA PHJB's suggestion. Like Fully, I can't ever see myself tiring of them, and you know we're going to get sit ins on each others sets from both bands.
"Where's Jim going?"

manonthemoon

Quote from: ericm on Jul 08, 2013, 10:25 PM
Quote from: manonthemoon on Jul 08, 2013, 09:23 PM

I think you're right, and if that's the case I'm gonna 2nd CountSA PHJB's suggestion. Like Fully, I can't ever see myself tiring of them, and you know we're going to get sit ins on each others sets from both bands.

I could get behind that one as well, always like the extra horns comming in on some of the songs like Dancefloors.
Alive or Just Breathing

LowdownCheatin

Was there an opener for the MOF tour a few years back? I feel like an evening with MOF would be fantastic with each member opening on a rotating basis.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

jaye

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 12, 2013, 11:19 PM
Futurebirds would be ok with me.

Me too.  I think they'd be the perfect opener. 

HIGH on SOUND

I agree PHJB is just about the perfect opening band for MMJ.

I'd also love to see The Hold Steady join them on tour.

Northern Neighbour

Just no Band of Horses or Dawes, please.

The Hold Steady would be great, but that would be a twin-bill headliner.  Nothing wrong with that, though.

There are a lot of indie acts out there that would be great openers - The Men, Widowspeak, Thee Idea Men, and many more.  I just hope Jacket picks an up-and-coming band.

Northern Neighbour

Ans how can I forget Charles Bradley, Lee Fields, and The Roots.  Great possibilities for covers.  Har Mar Superstar abd The Heavy would be great, too.