What is it from?

Also, Sweatbees
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

walterfredo

it's the Hollywood Bowl

Jackets N Pones

Crispy

Actually, it's a miniature replica located in Hollywood, Florida. The crowd is photographed at a distance to give the illusion of actual size. The tuxedo t-shirt gives it away.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

scosby2

Crispy

Quote from: scosby2 on Dec 30, 2013, 08:58 PM
What crispy said

Actually, it's a miniature replica located in Hollywood, Florida South Carolina. The crowd is photographed at a distance to give a matte painting that portrays the illusion of actual size. The tuxedo t-shirt sun going down in the east gives it away.

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

walterfredo

very interesting, thanks for the info. I always thought it looked a little odd for the Hollywood Bowl, now I know why. 

bartel

I had no idea.. thanks for the info.

dmooney99

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 20, 2013, 06:09 PM
it's the Hollywood Bowl

i'm fromt he east coast so i wouldn't have known that either  :grin:

Wonder if Band Of Skulls have ever played there?

Band Of Skulls- Hollywood Bowl Lyrics

Jackets N Pones

What about the Sweatbees cover? Love that cover. Should go on a t-shirt with nothing else for OBH in Mexico.

Crispy

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Jan 08, 2014, 05:14 PM
What about the Sweatbees cover? Love that cover. Should go on a t-shirt with nothing else for OBH in Mexico.

That picture was taken on the shores of Lake Titicaca, just after the boys had wrapped up their 1986 tour of South America and were taking some time for themselves to do a little sight-seeing.  So yeah, it would be quite fitting for OBH with some of the flavor of Latin America. Go for it!

LB

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 08, 2014, 06:00 PM

That picture was taken on the shores of Lake Titicaca, just after the boys had wrapped up their 1986 tour of South America and were taking some time for themselves to do a little sight-seeing.  So yeah, it would be quite fitting for OBH with some of the flavor of Latin America. Go for it!

1986? For real? If this is true then I have a distorted view of the history of the band...I thought (and I'm probably wrong) the Tennessee Fire came out when Jim was about 22ish after he left college his junior year... what's the real history of the band?
no you never gotta fight with me

johnnYYac

Quote from: LB on Jan 15, 2014, 08:13 PM

1986? For real? If this is true then I have a distorted view of the history of the band...I thought (and I'm probably wrong) the Tennessee Fire came out when Jim was about 22ish after he left college his junior year... what's the real history of the band?

"1891" the MY MORNING JACKET history 1891-2004
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

Oops, did I say 1986? I meant 1996, and the lake was actually Lake Havasu, Arizona, where the boys had just wrapped up taping an ill-fated "SpringBreakStravaganza" event for MTV, which would have surely led to a much more meteoric rise in the band's popularity, if not for an unfortunate incident involving a bunch of Muppet fetishists, a houseboat, and London Bridge, leading unappreciative execs to shitcan the whole deal.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 16, 2014, 01:30 AM

Oops, did I say 1986? I meant 1996, and the lake was actually Lake Havasu, Arizona, where the boys had just wrapped up taping an ill-fated "SpringBreakStravaganza" event for MTV, which would have surely led to a much more meteoric rise in the band's popularity, if not for an unfortunate incident involving a bunch of Muppet fetishists, a houseboat, and London Bridge, leading unappreciative execs to shitcan the whole deal.

You got the date right Crispy, but look at the shape and angle of those trees I'm pretty sure that's lake Tjeggelvas in Lappland. The band was actually on their way to a show in The Netherlands, but got lost on the northern Bermuda Highway and had to make an emergency landing. It's been a secret for a long time, but the pilot of the flight actually contacted me a while back.

The story of how My Morning Jacket survived the storm Evelyn.

Where to begin...

The flight took off from the aluminum park hangar at dawn, with the golden first light warming the sleeping easy morning rebel passengers. As the flight progressed circuital winds kept coming closer, singing a wordless chorus of chaos - it would turn out to be a storm with evil urges.

Butch the pilot picked up his phone to call for help, but slipped and the phone went west. It fell below the pilot's seat and no one was agile enough to dig it out, nor did anyone else have a phone with them.

"Uh, I think I left mine by my car", Johnny said.

"The storm is too strong for this steam engine", yelled the pilot, "it's going to split into two halves! And if it smashes down, we'll go into the woods! I knew I should have signed up for the Nashville to Kentucky route instead."

"I'm amazed", said Danny, appreciating the beauty of the storm.
"I won't cry", said Tom courageously.
"I can't wait", said Patrick, who was feeling adventurous.
"Well, it's been a great 3 or 4 years", said Johnny sarcastically, he felt the flight had gone on for too long.

"Oh, but my dear wife the librarian", the pilot cried in panic. "My sweetheart, I think I'm going to hell!"

"I will sing you songs", said Jim, to offer comfort. "We will be alright."

"How do you know?", cried the pilot.

"Just because I do", Jim said. "Can you see the hard helmet on my head? Death is the easy way, el caporal. I know you wanna freak out, but if my heart knows just one thing, it's that it beats 4 u all! So get that old September blues out of your system."

"Thank you", said the pilot; "I needed that pep talk most."

"Thank you too", Jim said politely.

But no sooner had they said that before one of the doors started movin' away from the plane.

"Holy!", the pilot screamed.

Tom started to run thru the plane to catch it and got there just in time, barely holding on to the black metal door. The rest of the band helped him drag it back in place, filling the gaps the strong winds had made with a leftover X-mas curtain.

"What a wonderful man", Patrick said, appreciating Tom's effort. "He's quick as a cobra that one!"

"I got chills from seeing that", Danny said. "If all else fails, bring out our rocket man Tom!"

"Anytime", Tom said, "anytime."

And they all sat back down together. Some say weeks go by like days and likewise sometimes storms go away in minutes. Just as the dark was approaching, the winds started rollin' back.

"Was this storm even real?", Jim wondered out loud.

"I think so", Patrick said, "it was like one big holiday!"

"Look at us surviving", said Tom, then turned to look at the pilot, "look at you! Now take us down, lowdown, please".

"But, it's about twilight now", said the pilot, yet again in panic, "look at the dark approaching. I won't be able to see anything!"

But then Jim started singing and the pilot calmed down.

"It's the way that he sings", Danny whispered, "it's a miracle."

As faith would have it, the plane still crashed into some trees, but everyone was fine. They ran out and danced a victory dance around the crashed plane, as happy as if it the woods would have been disco dancefloors.

"Tonite I want to celebrate with you!", Patrick shouted.
"Wonderful the way I feel!", Jim roared.
"Touch me I'm going to scream part 1!", Danny howled.
"Touch me I'm going to scream part 2!", Johnny bellowed.
"Knot comes loose!", Tom laughed.
"Hopefully friends again", the pilot sighed.

"Let's keep this one off the record", Danny instructed the pilot and the pilot agreed.

"I just wanted to be your friend", he said. But then he couldn't keep from asking, "There's just one thing... Can I at least take a picture of you guys and the remnants of the plane?"

The band was slightly suspicious of his request, perhaps he had a diabolical master plan to leak the story to the press? Eventually they decided that he was an honest man, with nothing but good intentions.

"But let's take a sec walkin' to find a good spot, the plane is not a pretty backdrop", Jim said.

They found lake Tjeggelvas, took the photo above and then got a little lost trying to find their way back. As they walked deeper and deeper into the forest a bear suddenly appeared. Before the band could react, the pilot, who had a horrible bear-phobia, got out his gun and pointed it at the bear.

"War begun, bear!  Your judgement day is coming!", the pilot screamed and shot the bear dead.

"Oh no!", Jim cried out in desperation, "Butch Cassidy I could have been your friend, but you just broke the heart of this heartbreakin' man!" He lifted the guns that were still smokin' from shootin' and pointed them at the pilot.

"Bears and I are one in the same!", he wept.

"How could I know?", the pilot whispered, fear creeping up on him like an ice cold strangulation.

"Uh, how about we try out a slow, slow tune instead Jim?", said the rest of the band, concerned that future tours might have to be postponed as Jim served a murder sentence.

"Okay", Jim said, more calmly, "If you lay low from now on and promise to never shoot a bear ever again, as true as o is the one that is real. I will forgive you just this once. But if you ever hurt a bear again, I will be there when you die!"

[untitled]

The end.

That's the true story and it's not hard to understand why the Butch kept quit about this all those years. Poor man is still in therapy, but I think you all deserved to know the truth.

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Penny Lane

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Jan 16, 2014, 08:34 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 16, 2014, 01:30 AM

You got the date right Crispy, but look at the shape and angle of those trees I'm pretty sure that's lake Tjeggelvas in Lappland. The band was actually on their way to a show in The Netherlands, but got lost on the northern Bermuda Highway and had to make an emergency landing. It's been a secret for a long time, but the pilot of the flight actually contacted me a while back.

The story of how My Morning Jacket survived the storm Evelyn.

Where to begin...

The flight took off from the aluminum park hangar at dawn, with the golden first light warming the sleeping easy morning rebel passengers. As the flight progressed circuital winds kept coming closer, singing a wordless chorus of chaos - it would turn out to be a storm with evil urges.

Butch the pilot picked up his phone to call for help, but slipped and the phone went west. It fell below the pilot's seat and no one was agile enough to dig it out, nor did anyone else have a phone with them.

"Uh, I think I left mine by my car", Johnny said.

"The storm is too strong for this steam engine", yelled the pilot, "it's going to split into two halves! And if it smashes down, we'll go into the woods! I knew I should have signed up for the Nashville to Kentucky route instead."

"I'm amazed", said Danny, appreciating the beauty of the storm.
"I won't cry", said Tom courageously.
"I can't wait", said Patrick, who was feeling adventurous.
"Well, it's been a great 3 or 4 years", said Johnny sarcastically, he felt the flight had gone on for too long.

"Oh, but my dear wife the librarian", the pilot cried in panic. "My sweetheart, I think I'm going to hell!"

"I will sing you songs", said Jim, to offer comfort. "We will be alright."

"How do you know?", cried the pilot.

"Just because I do", Jim said. "Can you see the hard helmet on my head? Death is the easy way, el caporal. I know you wanna freak out, but if my heart knows just one thing, it's that it beats 4 u all! So get that old September blues out of your system."

"Thank you", said the pilot; "I needed that pep talk most."

"Thank you too", Jim said politely.

But no sooner had they said that before one of the doors started movin' away from the plane.

"Holy!", the pilot screamed.

Tom started to run thru the plane to catch it and got there just in time, barely holding on to the black metal door. The rest of the band helped him drag it back in place, filling the gaps the strong winds had made with a leftover X-mas curtain.

"What a wonderful man", Patrick said, appreciating Tom's effort. "He's quick as a cobra that one!"

"I got chills from seeing that", Danny said. "If all else fails, bring out our rocket man Tom!"

"Anytime", Tom said, "anytime."

And they all sat back down together. Some say weeks go by like days and likewise sometimes storms go away in minutes. Just as the dark was approaching, the winds started rollin' back.

"Was this storm even real?", Jim wondered out loud.

"I think so", Patrick said, "it was like one big holiday!"

"Look at us surviving", said Tom, then turned to look at the pilot, "look at you! Now take us down, lowdown, please".

"But, it's about twilight now", said the pilot, yet again in panic, "look at the dark approaching. I won't be able to see anything!"

But then Jim started singing and the pilot calmed down.

"It's the way that he sings", Danny whispered, "it's a miracle."

As faith would have it, the plane still crashed into some trees, but everyone was fine. They ran out and danced a victory dance around the crashed plane, as happy as if it the woods would have been disco dancefloors.

"Tonite I want to celebrate with you!", Patrick shouted.
"Wonderful the way I feel!", Jim roared.
"Touch me I'm going to scream part 1!", Danny howled.
"Touch me I'm going to scream part 2!", Johnny bellowed.
"Knot comes loose!", Tom laughed.
"Hopefully friends again", the pilot sighed.

"Let's keep this one off the record", Danny instructed the pilot and the pilot agreed.

"I just wanted to be your friend", he said. But then he couldn't keep from asking, "There's just one thing... Can I at least take a picture of you guys and the remnants of the plane?"

The band was slightly suspicious of his request, perhaps he had a diabolical master plan to leak the story to the press? Eventually they decided that he was an honest man, with nothing but good intentions.

"But let's take a sec walkin' to find a good spot, the plane is not a pretty backdrop", Jim said.

They found lake Tjeggelvas, took the photo above and then got a little lost trying to find their way back. As they walked deeper and deeper into the forest a bear suddenly appeared. Before the band could react, the pilot, who had a horrible bear-phobia, got out his gun and pointed it at the bear.

"War begun, bear!  Your judgement day is coming!", the pilot screamed and shot the bear dead.

"Oh no!", Jim cried out in desperation, "Butch Cassidy I could have been your friend, but you just broke the heart of this heartbreakin' man!" He lifted the guns that were still smokin' from shootin' and pointed them at the pilot.

"Bears and I are one in the same!", he wept.

"How could I know?", the pilot whispered, fear creeping up on him like an ice cold strangulation.

"Uh, how about we try out a slow, slow tune instead Jim?", said the rest of the band, concerned that future tours might have to be postponed as Jim served a murder sentence.

"Okay", Jim said, more calmly, "If you lay low from now on and promise to never shoot a bear ever again, as true as o is the one that is real. I will forgive you just this once. But if you ever hurt a bear again, I will be there when you die!"

[untitled]

The end.

That's the true story and it's not hard to understand why the Butch kept quit about this all those years. Poor man is still in therapy, but I think you all deserved to know the truth.

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Crispy

Sara, you are the Queen of the World. Finally, the real history is revealed!

SaraBananaBear

Thanks Penny and Crispy! ♥!  :thumbsup:

LB

no you never gotta fight with me

SaraBananaBear