Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 31, 2015, 02:14 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 31, 2015, 12:06 PM

...I'm still going to complain about having a headliner that wasn't even a thing half a year ago. He has 1 album and he's top on the bill. The dude isn't even a musician, he's an entertainer. ... I feel like Sam Smith was plucked from some Pop radio station...

I agree.

He was plucked from a  pop radio station, so it's good you all feel like that. I guess at this point you could continue to complain (as you've stated you will) and provide everyone with that infectious negative energy, or you could just be happy that the line up rules and the festival rules.

BTW...
Governor's Ball: DRAKE, DEADMAU5
Coachella: DRAKE, AC/DC (ha)
Bonnaroo: KENDRICK LAMAR, DEADMAU5
Hangout: ZBB, SKRILLEX
Wakarusa: MAJOR LAZER

so, Forecastle screwed us by having pop/dance/shitty headliners, huh?

Also, BTW... Only festival that's booked him in the US. Pretty impressive IMO.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

FUCKING ACDC IS HEADLINING COACHELLA PEOPLE! PERSPECTIVE!

Mr. White

Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 31, 2015, 02:14 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 31, 2015, 12:06 PM

...I'm still going to complain about having a headliner that wasn't even a thing half a year ago. He has 1 album and he's top on the bill. The dude isn't even a musician, he's an entertainer. ... I feel like Sam Smith was plucked from some Pop radio station...

"Mmmmm-pop, pop, pop music. Mmmmm-pop, pop, pop music..."

Not gonna complain anymore...just still saddened that the "all-mighty-dollar" has "forced the hand" of AC Entertainment to include this unique festival in that quest...$$$...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

thepennylane

If ya don't know by now, fests aren't for music fans, anymore. Last year at Forecastle, all but 3% of the people roam from stage to stage taking selfies. They have to grab pop headliners and for main stay fests like Jazz fests--they have to keep pulling out oldie but goodie classics -Elton, stevie, etc. Sam Smith, people! (okay, I am going to finally read the rolling stone article on him so i'll be in the 'know' now)

e_wind

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 28, 2015, 03:55 PM
Wilco is listed on this link: http://consequenceofsound.net/festival/forecastle-festival-2015/

Think it is an accident?
Wilco announced a show in Louisville today. So i think this is an accident

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 02, 2015, 04:01 PM
Wilco is listed on this link: http://consequenceofsound.net/festival/forecastle-festival-2015/

Think it is an accident?

Happy about the Wilco show at Iroquois though!! And with Steve Gunn opening.  :thumbsup:

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 02, 2015, 04:01 PM

Think it is an accident?

WILCO IN INDY!! FUCK YEAH!!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

mahg33ta

getting Tallest Man On Earth is a huge score too- he rarely tours.   If he does nothing for you, then it's a non-event, but for fans (like me), it's got me thinking how to get to Forecastle.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 03, 2015, 12:20 PM
getting Tallest Man On Earth is a huge score too- he rarely tours.   If he does nothing for you, then it's a non-event, but for fans (like me), it's got me thinking how to get to Forecastle.

Tallest Man is fantastic

LBSUNFLWR

Never listened to him, will have to check him out before July.

jlembo45

First timer need recco's for lodging for this fest

LBSUNFLWR

Book something now!!  :thumbsup:

e_wind

Quote from: jlembo45 on Feb 05, 2015, 10:04 AM
First timer need recco's for lodging for this fest

if its still available and its in your price range, the Galt House is the best. Its really close, really nice, and will be the most full of other fest goers. Prices may be a little better this year because there are two new hotels down town.

e_wind

I just listened to 2 Sam Smith singles on Spotify. His music is not bad.

BigHerm

Some of us are trying really hard to defend Forecastle at all costs lol. 

Taterbug

I'll be there,  I come for the peeps and stay for the bourbon.  I love your town.   I don't care who headlines as long as I get an MMJ hometown show.  :thumbsup:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ajclements004

don't count out Widespread if you've never seen a show.  Cant stand listening to them, but you wont be able to take your eyes off Jimmy Herring as he shreds your face off.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: Taterbug on Feb 05, 2015, 02:39 PM
I'll be there,  I come for the peeps and stay for the bourbon.  I love your town.   I don't care who headlines as long as I get an MMJ hometown show.  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: awesome!

and yes about Jimmy. He's incredible!

LBSUNFLWR

so now a friend said he got a text update from Wilco that they're playing Forecastle.
I said he probably read it wrong, and it was a text about the Iroquois show, especially since those tickets go on sale this morning...

I looked online last night, and this morning and have found nothing on this.
has anyone else seen anything?

Wilco's tour dates have Forecastle listed under tweedy dates still.

I already bought tickets to Iroquois on the presale, but would gladly see Wilco twice this spring/summer!

EverythingChanges

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Feb 06, 2015, 09:50 AM
so now a friend said he got a text update from Wilco that they're playing Forecastle.
I said he probably read it wrong, and it was a text about the Iroquois show, especially since those tickets go on sale this morning...

I looked online last night, and this morning and have found nothing on this.
has anyone else seen anything?

Wilco's tour dates have Forecastle listed under tweedy dates still.

I already bought tickets to Iroquois on the presale, but would gladly see Wilco twice this spring/summer!

What sort of text? Like a roll call automatic message? Or a text from someone in or close to the band? Id love to see them twice as well, but I'm still unsure if that'll happen.