Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

he made it sound like a text update from the band, like he signed up for a newsletter or something. I think he's mistaken. Like maybe he just saw Wilco in Louisville and assumed Forecastle? I don't know. But I have been searching online today, on that inforoo link in this thread, and on wilco's site and forecastle's site and have seen nothing.

e_wind

I think i mentioned this in this thread already. Whenever Tweedy announces a show, it is announced on places such as BandsInTown (probably what your friend used) as "Wilco @ Tweedy announced a show at Forecastle!" its not wilco. Wilco isn't going to play Iroquois and Forecastle.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

I've added a bunch of Forecastle artists to my spotify playlist "need to listen to." First discovery.. these girls RULE!

i guess embedding videos is to far beyond me now..

First Aid Kit - Stay Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVdlJCFtnA

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 07, 2015, 11:02 AM
I think i mentioned this in this thread already. Whenever Tweedy announces a show, it is announced on places such as BandsInTown (probably what your friend used) as "Wilco @ Tweedy announced a show at Forecastle!" its not wilco. Wilco isn't going to play Iroquois and Forecastle.

thank you. That makes much more sense now. I really didn't think wilco would play a show here in the spring and then come back for Forecastle. I also didn't think Tweedy would be announced for Forecastle, and then Wilco would play also!! I thought my friend was mistaken from the first time he mentioned it...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 07, 2015, 11:03 AM
I've added a bunch of Forecastle artists to my spotify playlist "need to listen to." First discovery.. these girls RULE!

Take the s out of https!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

e_wind

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 07, 2015, 11:54 AM

Take the s out of https!

whoa it was really that easy

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 07, 2015, 01:20 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 07, 2015, 11:54 AM

Take the s out of https!

whoa it was really that easy

Easy, but tricky

millerjustin

let's get a roll call going people!
What's in here won't disappear

e_wind

I saw St Paul last night at the Filmore in SF and they were amazing. Definitey a show people should try and check out at forecastle.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 16, 2015, 01:12 PM
I saw St Paul last night at the Filmore in SF and they were amazing. Definitey a show people should try and check out at forecastle.

Did you move to California?

e_wind

No. My lady did in August so I come out here when I can.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 16, 2015, 05:26 PM
No. My lady did in August so I come out here when I can.

That's a helluva long distance relationship. Good for you for making it work.

gluvmiller

Quote from: ajclements004 on Feb 05, 2015, 03:37 PM
don't count out Widespread if you've never seen a show.  Cant stand listening to them, but you wont be able to take your eyes off Jimmy Herring as he shreds your face off.

And Dave Fucking Schools!!!!!!!!!! It's really his band. Not too many people out there that play bass like him. Watch/listen to that man play bass like a lead guitar and you'll understand (i.e. Stop-Go).

ajclements004

Quote from: gluvmiller on Feb 18, 2015, 10:15 AM
Quote from: ajclements004 on Feb 05, 2015, 03:37 PM
don't count out Widespread if you've never seen a show.  Cant stand listening to them, but you wont be able to take your eyes off Jimmy Herring as he shreds your face off.

And Dave Fucking Schools!!!!!!!!!! It's really his band. Not too many people out there that play bass like him. Watch/listen to that man play bass like a lead guitar and you'll understand (i.e. Stop-Go).

:thumbsup:

EverythingChanges

So based off of all the 2-3 night residencies and the fact that no other shows are booked during one of the days at Forecastle, what is the chance that this will be one hell of a homecoming show or may I say shows?!

AlwxanderD10

I don't wanna get anybody too hyped up or anything, but I tweeted something along the lines of wanting mmj to have a 3+ hour set and the official forecastle account favorited it..... Does it mean anything? Probably not. But I like to think it does.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: AlwxanderD10 on Mar 03, 2015, 12:38 PM
I don't wanna get anybody too hyped up or anything, but I tweeted something along the lines of wanting mmj to have a 3+ hour set and the official forecastle account favorited it..... Does it mean anything? Probably not. But I like to think it does.

They're pretty good at not favoring or liking something if it isn't true. Every time in the past that I've seen, it's been true. Good to know!

cride3332

String Cheese did a 3 day thing at Forecastle 2 years ago. Played the main stage Friday, the late show at the Palace Saturday, and a bluegrass show Sunday. I vote for the main stage Friday, late show at the YUM!, and an acoustic show or super-jam Sunday. I don't think I'm asking to much  :thumbsup:

rmpotsy

Quote from: cride3332 on Mar 03, 2015, 05:30 PM
String Cheese did a 3 day thing at Forecastle 2 years ago. Played the main stage Friday, the late show at the Palace Saturday, and a bluegrass show Sunday. I vote for the main stage Friday, late show at the YUM!, and an acoustic show or super-jam Sunday. I don't think I'm asking to much  :thumbsup:

they are headlining saturday
out go the lights it begins

EverythingChanges

Quote from: rmpotsy on Mar 04, 2015, 08:56 AM
Quote from: cride3332 on Mar 03, 2015, 05:30 PM

they are headlining saturday

Has that been confirmed?