Sonos Studio Listening Party Contest

Started by logan5ive, Mar 27, 2015, 12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logan5ive

I'm guessing airfare is not paid for?  Good luck LA people!
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

subinai

this would be a good opportunity to host a Periscope or Meerkat feed. :)

walterfredo

posted this in the other thread too...

I'll throw this out there...

I entered.  If by chance I win my wife would be unavailable to attend.  Anyone want to join forces and promise to be each other's +1?

ms. yvon

registered!  walterfredo i have a ticket-share pinky-swear with tubetop but if you win you are welcome to my couch!  :thumbsup: 
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

rincon2

So, 2.5 hours to go. Not a lot of comment on this. Can I hope it is because there is limited interest, or potential for folks to go, or is everyone keeping it on the down low to increase the odds?

ffghtrs

agreed, can't wait to see if i won.  work is going to pissed when i take off for two days but i'm not missing a chance to talk and with JJ and Bo.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

walterfredo

ffghtrs

wow i need to read what i write before i post. haha
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

ffghtrs

It is officially past midnight and i want instant gratification and or disappointment.  but really the realist in me is saying that the announcement will happen at 10 am Eastern.  or Pacific.  but  i am crossing my fingers for this one!

mgobugsy

Still nothing.  We were going to fly out from Detroit just for the event..... :cry:

ffghtrs

just give it a few hours.  10 am i bet it will be announced.

Nikkogino

I always picture listening parties as being really awkward. Like would you and 13 other people sit in a room with Jim, not talking...just listening?  That being said, I hope I win.

rincon2

Quote from: Nikkogino on Mar 30, 2015, 10:12 AM
I always picture listening parties as being really awkward. Like would you and 13 other people sit in a room with Jim, not talking...just listening?  That being said, I hope I win.
14 Roll Call winners. Trust me they(me?) are not going to be the only ones there. I went to something similar with Patterson and Cooley from DBT, nothing awkward, just awesome. It is hosted by Jason Bently from KCRW. He has the best radio show around, Morning Becomes Eclectic, M-F 9-12. Listen online if you are not in So Cal. I'm sure this even will be played sometime this week.

Nikkogino

Quote from: rincon2 on Mar 30, 2015, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Nikkogino on Mar 30, 2015, 10:12 AM
14 Roll Call winners. Trust me they(me?) are not going to be the only ones there. I went to something similar with Patterson and Cooley from DBT, nothing awkward, just awesome. It is hosted by Jason Bently from KCRW. He has the best radio show around, Morning Becomes Eclectic, M-F 9-12. Listen online if you are not in So Cal. I'm sure this even will be played sometime this week.
I meant 13 plus me.  Yeah I'm sure it'll be cool.  I've just never gone to a listening party before.  I agree, MBE is a great show.

vespachick

This airplane ticket ain't gonna buy itself.  Who won????

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Nikkogino

Quote from: vespachick on Mar 30, 2015, 01:32 PM
This airplane ticket ain't gonna buy itself.  Who won????
Haha, I'm in the same boat!  I am prepared to spend way too much to go!

millerjustin

a total of 325 entries submitted - so about a 2% chance of winning.  better odds than the lottery!!!

I wonder when they will contact winners....I'm almost afraid to price those airline tickets......
What's in here won't disappear

walterfredo

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 30, 2015, 02:22 PM
a total of 325 entries submitted - so about a 2% chance of winning.  better odds than the lottery!!!

I wonder when they will contact winners....I'm almost afraid to price those airline tickets......

I wonder how many of those entries are 100% they can make it if they get picked.  I'm sure quite a few entered on a whim and would potentially back out...considering the cost of last minute airfare to LA. 

rincon2

Hate to be a dick, but realistically, with such short notice it should be restricted to a defined area. Maybe they screened out long distance folks, just for practical reasons.

Clarkwork

Quote from: rincon2 on Mar 30, 2015, 02:42 PM
Hate to be a dick, but realistically, with such short notice it should be restricted to a defined area. Maybe they screened out long distance folks, just for practical reasons.

Yeah it's a very cool contest but they need to let the winners know better than a day before.  But glad they are doing something for the fans like that.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....