Sonos Studio Listening Party Contest

Started by logan5ive, Mar 27, 2015, 12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Quote from: sb_gli on Apr 02, 2015, 02:04 PM
here's something someone else posted up on facebook

http://showbams.com/2015/04/01/i-heard-the-new-my-morning-jacket-album-and-its-amazing/

I met this couple and chatted for a while after show, nice folks for sure.  I loved the fact that the woman shush'd some yappers during the playing of the album! 

Stevie

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Apr 02, 2015, 11:40 AM
Quote from: Stevie on Apr 02, 2015, 11:27 AM
it's interesting because none of the four extra tracks that are on the deluxe addition came from that original batch of 24.  so they will have at least 14 songs to work with for the second album.  my guess would be that after they go through that process they will put one or two of the leftovers on the deluxe edition for that album and then throw out some kind of EP or something for Record Store Day.

What do we know about Hillside Song that implies itss not from these sessions? I realize two bonus tracks are alternate versions and that I Can't Wait is an older track, but do we know something about Hillside Song?  I must have missed that.

I could.not locate the quote if you asked me but someone in the band was asked about hillside song (not jim) and they said something alluding to the fact that they didnt know much about it other than that it is a jim song.   

Stevie

Thanks again, Walt!

Kind of sad to hear that Jim doesnt like his early voice.  Personally thats my favorite voice of any voices ive ever heard.  But maybe it has less to do with the sound and more to do with simply looking back on old mindsets.. Kind of how its hard sometimes to read your old letters or other things that you wrote and thought were really great at the time lol.

Good question, though.  His answer says a lot. 

I guess that ends the Big Decision debate.  Pretty surface level compared to where some of us took it but thats the beauty of it all. 

mahg33ta

I wish you'd asked "is the band aware how bad their fan club is run?"

walterfredo

I wanted to add that Danz is hard core! He and his lady drove from SF at noon and arrived just before the event...and then turned around and drove back to SF after. Kudos!

Stevie

Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 02, 2015, 02:58 PM

Time.and.a.place.

Are you the same guy that word vomited all over patrick's twitter after he announced how excited he was for the upcoming tour?  Sheesh.

It's a good time to be a Jacket fan, let's just enjoy this  :beer:

BigHerm

I think he was joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlwxanderD10

Quote from: sb_gli on Apr 02, 2015, 02:04 PM
here's something someone else posted up on facebook

http://showbams.com/2015/04/01/i-heard-the-new-my-morning-jacket-album-and-its-amazing/
Welp, if these descriptions are accurate this album sounds incredible.

mahg33ta

Quote from: Stevie on Apr 02, 2015, 04:10 PM

Time.and.a.place.

Are you the same guy that word vomited all over patrick's twitter after he announced how excited he was for the upcoming tour?  Sheesh.

sheesh next time I will use a smiley face. 

mahg33ta

ericm

Time.and.a.place.

Who made you supreme ruler of the forum?

Most of us got that  mahg33ta was kidding but no one needs you or anyone else telling us what to do, or where or when to do it. 
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

There is a power vacuum in the force.,  Obiwanericm.

walterfredo

I bet that was Kyle on Patrick's Twitter account, he's a total bully.

I'll include this... :wink:

Fully

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 02, 2015, 06:06 PM
I bet that was Kyle on Patrick's Twitter account, he's a total bully.

I'll include this... :wink:
He's a huge asshole.

CHIMMJFAN

Thanks for answering my questions Walter, I'm bummed too hearing Jim say he hates his old voice/older songs but I understand.

I have a feeling like this is a big reason "Come Closer" doesn't get played that much live.

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Stevie

Quote from: ericm on Apr 02, 2015, 04:57 PM

Time.and.a.place.

Who made you supreme ruler of the forum?

Most of us got that  mahg33ta was kidding but no one needs you or anyone else telling us what to do, or where or when to do it.

Hey now, i put a smiley in my post doesnt that count for anything?

I read this board a lot but i do not know most of the poster's personalities.  After the 20 page ground control gripe fest and some of the stuff that went on during that time i took magh33ta's suggestion to be sincere.  Apologies to mahg33ta for my inaccurate perception.

Stevie

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Apr 02, 2015, 07:44 PM
Thanks for answering my questions Walter, I'm bummed too hearing Jim say he hates his old voice/older songs but I understand.

I have a feeling like this is a big reason "Come Closer" doesn't get played that much live.

CHIMMJFAN

yeah you could be on to something there. And the same might be said for other songs that don't get played very often especially those that are actually on full albums (picture of you, if all else fails, hopefully..).   the other reason could very well be that some of those songs may not allow the rest of the band to participate quite as much.   

Come Closer

No but seriously the fan club is run terribly

Fully

Quote from: Osistheones on Apr 02, 2015, 08:37 PM
No but seriously the fan club is run terribly
It's always been been so.

walterfredo

Something I find funny...

my friend that attended the event with me was joking that when it came to audience questions he was going to ask Jim (in his best Chris Farley show voice)... "Remember when you said that's it's a bad idea to go down to the pier by yourself after the dark? Is that true? Did something happen to you when you were a kid?"

If you never saw the Chris Farley show skits on SNL, youtube that shit!