Main Menu

TROPICS

Started by Jackets N Pones, May 04, 2015, 11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marino13

After 3 times through this song is my favorite, and yes, I instantly thought of Bon Jovi as well.

gardenparty

there's a little bit more going on in this then the Bon Jovi intro

parkervb

am I sensing some anti-Jovi sentiment here?
Don't you ever turn it off

MarkW

Quote from: parkervb on May 06, 2015, 11:44 AM
am I sensing some anti-Jovi sentiment here?

Man, I hate Jovists.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: APR on May 06, 2015, 10:50 AM
Quote from: grizzy on May 06, 2015, 07:22 AM

Quote from: bigloop on May 05, 2015, 11:56 PM
Is anyone concerned that the intro to this song sounds uncomfortably like Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive?

So glad you said that... I heard it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.  Exactly.  That is what I heard right away.  The more I listen, the less I think of Bon Jovi (which is a great thing).  Just curious, what the concern is?  Copyright issues?  Or MMJ starting off a song that reminds you of "I'm a Cowboy... in a city I ride... blah, blah, blah."

It's "on a steel horse I ride...""
If your gonna quote the great Jonathan Bon Jovi, get his sweet words right :thumbsup:

Angelo

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on May 06, 2015, 11:57 AM

Is anyone concerned that the intro to this song sounds uncomfortably like Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive?

Yes.  Exactly.  That is what I heard right away.  The more I listen, the less I think of Bon Jovi (which is a great thing).  Just curious, what the concern is?  Copyright issues?  Or MMJ starting off a song that reminds you of "I'm a Cowboy... in a city I ride... blah, blah, blah."

If your gonna quote the great Jonathan Bon Jovi, get his sweet words right :thumbsup:
If you're gonna quote the great John Bongiovi at least spell his name right.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Angelo on May 06, 2015, 12:07 PM

Hahahahhahaah!
Touché ... Well played!

LibrarianGrrrl

This song is THE shit. That is all.
"I shut my eyes and the music broke over me like a rain storm." - Sylvia Plath

APR

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on May 06, 2015, 12:14 PM

Hahahahhahaah!
Touché ... Well played!

Funny stuff! Steel horse.... interesting.  I'm not going to delve into the great Jonathan's or for that matter Richard Sambora's back catalog.  However, I am going to have Tropics on repeat and look forward to a live version on the stream tomorrow night.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: APR on May 06, 2015, 12:34 PM
Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on May 06, 2015, 12:14 PM

Hahahahhahaah!
Touché ... Well played!

Funny stuff! Steel horse.... interesting.  I'm not going to delve into the great Jonathan's or for that matter Richard Sambora's back catalog.  However, I am going to have Tropics on repeat and look forward to a live version on the stream tomorrow night.

I hope you know I'm joking.

Any which way...
This song is the the shit... Haven't stopped listening to it. It gets better with every listen... I can't wait to hear it live

Lonndown27

Bon Anchobie sucks and this song sounds nothing like Dead or Alive not even the intro at least to my ears . Hahaha The Jovists! That was awesome
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

debbie

My thoughts exactly.  When I heard those guitar riffs toward the end...instant favorite.  I'm having a hard time with some of the other songs though.  Hopefully they will grow on me in the future.
Touch me I'm going to scream.

ncjacket