Studio for new album

Started by plank10, May 03, 2005, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfish

What's omnichord? An instrument?
lfish

ratsprayer

yeah its an instrument that jim invented, or wait was it thomas edison?   ::)

ratsprayer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnichord

look, the boys are already listed for musicians who have used omnichord.  mmmm jarvis cocker, oh wait man love is another topic somewhere!   :P

EC

Holy crap, they mention "Return to Thunderdome" in wikipedia.

That's awesome.  Plus all of their information is accurate (as far as I know) - I always love when you find My Morning Jacket on a site somewhere, and they're described as a four-piece band...

:)

neal

Quoteyeah its an instrument that jim invented, or wait was it thomas edison?   ::)

??? you crazy.

ratsprayer

??? you crazy.

i guess youve not heard any shows from the recent tour?  well they sometimes play the bear or it's about twilight now, and if i remember you think anything post TTF sucks.  i guess you wouldnt be interested in the most the recordings from recent shows which is where im getting this information.  

neal

soooooo....what are saying here. yes they do play those songs at their shows...and? as a matter of fact i traveled to Sloss Furnace's from a city called Louisville to see their first fucking show in a very long time.

whothrewthecake

Holy crap, they mention "Return to Thunderdome" in wikipedia.

i think wikipedia is one of the best things ever.

EC

Yeah, I didn't even know about it until recently, but it's very very cool.  :)

whothrewthecake

when i first discovered it, i looked up everything i could think of. and i was reading miles davis quotes and i like this one a lot.

"I've changed music four or five times. What have you done of any importance other than be white?"
Davis attended a reception in honor of Ray Charles at Ronald Reagan's White House in 1987. This was his reply to a Washington society lady seated next to him who had asked him what he had done to be invited.

EC

That's awesome.  Mmmmmmiles Davis is super wicked.

ratsprayer

ok well congrats, i have that recording and sounds like a great show.  i guess youve not heard the others with jim's stories about the omnichord?  anyway, keep louisville weird, neal.

EC

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. scene.

Hey does anybody know if they had gummi bears at the studio?

realdeal

yes, james olliges claims to have "created" an omnichord in his basement.....did you really believe him?!

corey

What? Where the hell are you getting that? he told me that he got it on Ebay.

darkglow

ratsprayer

you know jim being cheeky at shows saying funny things, well he had a few different stories for the existence of the omnichord, one being that he invented in his basement.  i think the joke machine has had a fork stuck in it....

EC

Quotei think the joke machine has had a fork stuck in it....
I got your joke, ratsprayer.

I heard that a wild band of aliens came down and zapped it straight into his hands one night while he was sleeping.

ratsprayer

hmmm well EC, i have really big hair as well so maybe thats a requirement for understanding such jokes.  

EC

Quotehmmm well EC, i have really big hair as well so maybe thats a requirement for understanding such jokes.  

I shall quote my favourite line from Withnail & I:

"I don't recommend a haircut, man.  Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them
directly into the brain."

Word.  ;)