Studio for new album

Started by plank10, May 03, 2005, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plank10

Check this out http://allairestudios.com/news/news_spring_05.html

"This March saw the arrival of My Morning Jacket with producer John Leckie. The boys whipped up their second album for ATO/RCA records in Allaire's Great Hall."

Looks like they found a new recording home.

whothrewthecake

that looks amazing. those views are incredible. that area is beautiful and i'm sure the boys are going to make us proud. plus, there's no way you can make a bad record with that sunset to look at. Ê:)

I am predicting massive amounts of soaking reverb!  Hope Jim had that fire in his throat that he is always talking about!

peanut butter puddin surprise

(gurgles ala Homer Simpson)....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, reverb.....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

Wow.  What a beautiful place.  That's so great.

Drunkre

That sunset may very well appear on the cover of this new one.

BTW, I made it back from Birmingham alive.  When you that are coming down for the show get here, we're going to have to check out the views up there.  Majestic.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

antoniostrohs

Very Cool.The anticipation for a another great record is too much.That area looks like God's country and sure it makes for a amazing recording experience.And as John said

mmmmmmmm reverb

EC

QuoteThat sunset may very well appear on the cover of this new one.

Yes, in more ways than one...

Cool - does that mean you went to the Sloss?  Are those the heights that you speak of?

Oh god, how can I wait three weeks to git out of here!!!

fitzcarraldo

Looks like a highly evolved...Talk about world class studios. Nice!!! That must of been some time. The place looks like an amazing drug.  :o  ;) Thanks for that.

tomEisenbraun

wow, not a bad move from the barn. That looks like it sounds amazing in there. I can't wait to hear the drums, and lets hope the guitars get the right amount of heavy this time around. I totally want the new album to do justice to the weak  lead tone on It Still Moves.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

QuoteThat area looks like God's country

Be careful when you say that right now.  President W. likes to believe that all of America is God's country.

SMc55

GW's mistaken. The North of England is God's country  ;)

QuoteGW's mistaken. The North of England is God's country  ;)

I am sorry I forgot about that.  I think God added that part when President Shrub was lying in bed with Mr. Blair drinking a couple of O'Douls.

SMc55

And we'll find out tomorrow whether that 'special relationship' has cost him his job.

(This area does resemble some of the beautiful pics I've seen of the USA though.)

Drunkre

Yes, in more ways than one...

Cool - does that mean you went to the Sloss?  Are those the heights that you speak of?

Oh god, how can I wait three weeks to git out of here!!!

Same here with the antici...(Say It!! Consti-)pation.  But no, the Sloss is actually in a low lying area downtown; on the drive into the city though, you'll see some amazing views.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

EC

Quoteon the drive into the city though, you'll see some amazing views.
Oh super ass.  I'm constipating some exceptional scenery on this trip.  I think I'll have to bring multiple memory cards for the camera.  

(oh boy!)

Oz

John Leckie. Does anyone know anything about this guy?
I'm ready when you are

DD

i wish they had a guitar and analog keyboard list.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

SMc55

QuoteJohn Leckie. Does anyone know anything about this guy?

Some info here:
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=themusic;action=display;num=1115176584

Impressive, eh?

Chills

That place is amazing. Beautiful and huge. I've never seen anything quite like it. And look at all the stuff they have in the equipment lists!

Reverb and F/X Processors

TC Electronics System 6000
(3) Roland SDE 3000 DDL
Ursa Major Space Station
Eventide DSP 4000 FX Processor
Sony DRE S777 Digital Reverb
Lexicon PCM 70 FX Processor
EMT 140 Stereo Plate

I don't understand a thing about this but i love the way 'Ursa Major Space Station' sounds! I bet they feel like kids in a candy store...