Live from the Palms on Jan. 13th

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Jan 08, 2009, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

QuoteSo when can I get vinyl candles and panties?

Dunno about candles, but I have some ideas where you can get vinyl panties...   ;)  

Seriously though, I haven't even listened to it all the way through yet and I already WANT this thing on vinyl!  

QuoteTHey should play Knot Comes Loose more often.

Damn straight.  Such a great tune.

Currently being slain by Nashville to Kentucky.  Wow.  You guys were right, Bo and Carl are killin' it on this disc.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

pawpaw

The beginning of They Ran sounds AMAZING.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

BH

QuoteHearing "They Ran" and "Nashville" in a new studio format is really interesting.  Although I love the basic, low-quality sound of TTF, these songs really let you hear how they would sound if they were recorded today.  

By the way, was anyone else dissapointed when "Nashville to Kentucky" ended?  The guitar comes in like its about to solo or take off, and then it just ends....definitely my only complaint.  They should have added another minute or two.  

I am always dissapointed when an MMJ song ends.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotewhat is "Dear Wife"? since it is likely i'll never heard this...

-justin

I'm assuming it's an evil urges b side. It sounds kind of two halvesish, IMO.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

BH

-justin

I thought the exact same thing.  The backup vocals from Carl especially.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

notdarkyet

some research shows a song called "Dear Wife" from an 80s punk band called Tilt.  cover?

-justin

Angry Ewok

Yeah, I really like it. I really hope we get this EP, or something similar, on an actual slab of vinyl.

Quotesome research shows a song called "Dear Wife" from an 80s punk band called Tilt.  cover?

-justin

Checked the lyrics, not the same.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TGMC421

Made an iTunes exception myself.

(Good choice, Tommie!)   ;)

:D

Ethel Bethel

Okay, so do you guys think they'll release a physical album of this? I don't have an ipod and can only listen to 30 sec. of this. :-/

Bigsky

-justin

I thought the exact same thing.  The backup vocals from Carl especially.

Same here...

Maybe they'll come out with more EU b side, or at least start playing them at shows.

TGMC421

QuoteHearing "They Ran" and "Nashville" in a new studio format is really interesting.  Although I love the basic, low-quality sound of TTF, these songs really let you hear how they would sound if they were recorded today.  

By the way, was anyone else dissapointed when "Nashville to Kentucky" ended?  The guitar comes in like its about to solo or take off, and then it just ends....definitely my only complaint.  They should have added another minute or two.  

Nothing can touch the original lo-fi versions, but I just love the re-imagining of the older tracks!

I too thought that Nashville to Kentucky ended abruptly.  

Oh man, the outro to Knot Comes Loose!   :o   :-*

The Thank You Too guitar solo is what I was hoping would land on the album so that was good to hear also.

BH

QuoteOkay, so do you guys think they'll release a physical album of this? I don't have an ipod and can only listen to 30 sec. of this. :-/

Uhhhhhgggg!   You don't need an Ipod!  

Taterbug

Lookin forward to downloading it onto my ipod tonite,  I can't wait to hear the new song and the new nooks and crannies they baked into the other songs.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

kydiddle

I LOVE how everyone sounds on this EP. Especially Bo...wow. These guys really know how to make my day.
Cow temperature.

TGMC421

QuoteOkay, so do you guys think they'll release a physical album of this? I don't have an ipod and can only listen to 30 sec. of this. :-/

Uhhhhhgggg!   You don't need an Ipod!  

I know it's bad to laugh at peoples frustrations but...   ;D ;D

The DARK

Maybe this was a private party, so maybe a band member (looking at you, Bo) or a relative of one got married??? Just a thought...
In another time, in another place, in another face

BH

I read an article that said it was recorded "last year."   Doesn't really narrow it down, but it was probably done, pre-Chicago at least.

Angry Ewok

QuoteI read an article that said it was recorded "last year."   Doesn't really narrow it down, but it was probably done, pre-Chicago at least.

So we know for sure it wasn't in the past two weeks.

8-)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Murph

just bought it, starting to listen now.  How does everyone like Dear Wife??