Live from the Palms on Jan. 13th

Started by NoVa_NoLa, Jan 08, 2009, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

I did notice he didn't hold the notes like he usually does on Tonite or do the shouts on They Ran. So I'm with BH, I think this was a couple weeks pre-Chicago. Maybe a little gift to fans who didn't see them in Europe.
In another time, in another place, in another face

NoVa_NoLa

Quotejust bought it, starting to listen now.  How does everyone like Dear Wife??

Just listening to it for the first-time...to my ears, it's got that 50s-60s vibe with those harmonies.   :)   Gotta listen again, but I like.  It's pop, it's cute.

BH

I need more time to get to know my dear wife.   I've only "spent time" with her twice, and I don't like to judge without several encounters.    Both of us climaxed during each encounter so that's a good sign.  I'll probably knock one out in the car on the way home and see how she sounds turned all the way on, I mean up.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tomEisenbraun

Quotejust bought it, starting to listen now.  How does everyone like Dear Wife??

ridiculous and beautiful. especially Bo's Liberace movements in the first half.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Taterbug

QuoteI need more time to get to know my dear wife.   I've only "spent time" with her twice, and I don't like to judge without several encounters.    Both of us climaxed during each encounter so that's a good sign.  I'll probably knock one out in the car on the way home and see how she sounds turned all the way on, I mean up.  

Just wait until she askes you to go buy  feminine hygiene products,  Thats when REAL love is tested.

And if she ever wants to know if her ass looks fat in those jeans, Always say  " No  honey... you look HOT  !!!!!"  
Don't say " it looks like 2 pigs fighting over a milk dud"
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

My Monkey Friend

Love "dear wife", it has a good MMJ vibe to it. To me, it does not sound like 2 halves. I think that is the only MMJ song I dont like b/c it sounds forced.

I always thought Nashville could only be made better by drums. And on "tonight", an omnichord with pedal steel. Only MMJ could pull this off. So far, so damn good.

Elizanne33

I love this version of Nashville to Kentucky! I've been listening to a lot of jazz music lately so I'm really digging the keys and the sax. I like Dear Wife as well.

kydiddle

QuoteI need more time to get to know my dear wife.   I've only "spent time" with her twice, and I don't like to judge without several encounters.    Both of us climaxed during each encounter so that's a good sign.  I'll probably knock one out in the car on the way home and see how she sounds turned all the way on, I mean up.  

Oh, my.
Cow temperature.

BH

We're gonna need someone to write down the lyrics to Dear Wife.  I may have some time to attempt it later tonight while we are lying in bed having a cigarette.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Murph

first thing that really stands out to me is just how good They Ran sounds, what a great version of this highly under-appreciated song.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteWe're gonna need someone to write down the lyrics to Dear Wife.  I may have some time to attempt it later tonight while we are lying in bed having a cigarette.

this is the best I can do, some shit is too tough to tell.  maybe you can fill in the gaps:

sweet, sweet, dear lord(heart)?,
I am out here somewhere working through the days
I imagine you are livin life,
but I must explain..

dear wife, I miss you always
aint it strange how quickly things can change.

I'll be out here wanting you
you'll be out there wanting me
and I'll be back there runnin'?
you'll, you'll be in love with me

(solo)

sweet, sweet, dear heart,
well the veil of your kindness hits my brain,
we can find it in such violence,
I must explain..

dear wife I love you always
aint it great how quickly things can change

you'll be in love with me

you'll, you'll be in love me
you'll be in love with me

youngvedder

Can anyone help out a Canadian? its not available in Canada & It says were not allowed to make purchases on the us itunes....

any help is appreciate.

cheers,

Yv

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteCan anyone help out a Canadian? its not available in Canada & It says were not allowed to make purchases on the us itunes....

any help is appreciate.

cheers,

Yv

yo vedder I just sent ya a PM.

pawpaw

The little, instrumental reprise at the end of Knot Comes Loose is beautiful. I just can't get over how great these songs sound, the production is outstanding. The playing in the songs is so light, and Jim's vocals come through SO clearly. Listen to the "t's" at the end of these lines in They Ran, just such a CLEAR VOCAL!

"She had a cigarette, asked if I had a light".

Jim's vocals aren't perfect, it really does seem to be a live take, and he doesn't have a booming concert mix to blend into. But he sounds wonderful, and overall I think he really kills it. The whole band does. I'm lovin' this SO MUCH!

(Yeah, I've listened to it a few times today  ::))
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

getinthevan

Woo!  I can't wait to listen to this!
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

1eyed_jack

anyone know the dates on the songs? i want to download it, but i maxed out my credit card on a rental car after i smashed the front of my car. ooops haha. so i figure i'll just listen to the versions from the shows they were at

i'll probably pick up the vinyl when/if it comes out. i love the new nashville to kentucky after hearing it in chicago so this will have to keep me satisfied since i don't think those shows were taped

mjkoehler

Uhh, how the shit did I miss this thread? Someone want to condense this down and give me the Campbells Soup version of what the fark is going on?

ManNamedTruth

a few things:
  • i'm lovin' it so far
  • there's no way they'll put this out on vinyl, itunes only
  • perhaps Dear Wife is good enough to have been on Evil Urges
  • Knot Comes Loose is underrated, they need to play it live more
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

QuoteUhh, how the shit did I miss this thread? Someone want to condense this down and give me the Campbells Soup version of what the fark is going on?

new live ep available from itunes RIGHT NOW.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Bigsky

QuoteUhh, how the shit did I miss this thread? Someone want to condense this down and give me the Campbells Soup version of what the fark is going on?

Where have you been...hello :D