MMJ hit the studio! - article

Started by SaraBananaBear, Aug 05, 2010, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

"Last weekend, Jim James played a stunning acoustic set at the Newport Folk Festival  and showed up onstage with both the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and folk legend John Prine. Backstage, the My Morning Jacket frontman told Rolling Stone the band is currently recording the follow-up to 2008's Evil Urges  in their hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. "We've got five songs done," he says. "We've worked a couple weeks. We're going to do another month. It'll probably be out mid-next year — probably May."
More here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/189061
:D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

Woohoo, sounds great to me, bring it oooon!  ;)

johnnYYac

I believe I saw this interview, just moments before we met.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

QuoteI believe I saw this interview, just moments before we met.

Oh cool!  Makes it even better!  :)

Honest Man

Sounds like we might get an album in the likes of It Still Moves =)
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

MarkW

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

pawpaw

"There's just something old and dirty about it."

I like the sound of this very much.  :D
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

wakebord

i associate old n dirty with reverb.  same with a church!  here's to hoping for a lotta that on this new record.  and some extended jams!

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

jmk

May? Sounds like a lock for Bonnaroo next year.

EasyRyder

QuoteMay? Sounds like a lock for Bonnaroo next year.

my thoughts exactly....perhaps a much-deserved main stage show???
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Penny Lane

no sh*t!! these were my first thoughts, too...

has anyone heard that Dave Matthews BOUGHT the bonnaroo farm? my friend read it somewhere but we can't find the article...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

has anyone heard that Dave Matthews BOUGHT the bonnaroo farm? my friend read it somewhere but we can't find the article...

Dave Matthews bought the farm?!?  Rest in peace.  [smiley=engel017.gif]

Penny Lane

that would explain DMB as a headliner, giving a 70 min craptastic performance this year...the thing is, it was a tweet or an article and i can't find anything to confirm it anywhere....? awful, i know...

i totally see them headlining next summer, though...long overdue
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Hey Penny, I found this.  Looks like a farm in Virginia, though.

http://www.virginia.edu/insideuva/2002/08/matthews.html

Dave Matthews buys five Kluge farms

Dave Matthews has purchased five of the Albemarle County farms that John Kluge gave to the University of Virginia Foundation last May.

The $5.3 million sale, which was completed Monday, includes 1,261 contiguous acres south of Charlottesville. Working farms with extensive pastureland, the properties are known as Spring Hill, Church Hill, Maple Hill, Oakwood and Seven Pines. In addition to homes and cottages, the properties include cattle and storage barns, silos, equipment and grain sheds, and a feed complex.

Coran Capshaw, Matthews' manager, said Matthews plans to preserve agriculture and forest land on the farms, with an emphasis on organic farming, and that he intends to grant an open-space easement on the farms.

"The proceeds of this initial sale will allow us to begin to build an endowment ," said Tim R. Rose, the foundation's chief executive officer. "No University funds will be used for the upkeep of the gift properties."

e_wind

bonnaroo next year is the 10th aniversery so the line up should be truly epic. considering they gave arguably the best bonnaroo performance ever I wouldn't be surprised. lets not forget forecastle though! i would rather see them there.

e_wind

that would explain DMB as a headliner, giving a 70 min craptastic performance this year...the thing is, it was a tweet or an article and i can't find anything to confirm it anywhere....? awful, i know...

i totally see them headlining next summer, though...long overdue

i left bonnaroo before DMB... the only thing they could do well on stage is announce their end.

Jenny

Quotebonnaroo next year is the 10th aniversery so the line up should be truly epic. considering they gave arguably the best bonnaroo performance ever I wouldn't be surprised. lets not forget forecastle though! i would rather see them there.

Bonnaroo, Forecastle, the waterfront, the stadium, my backyard....anywhere!!!  I'm getting my tix this Thursday for the stadium show.  Wish I was going to OL.....  As far as Broo goes, they need to be Saturday night on the What Stage until the skins bust, the strings break, and the voice goes hoarse.