Main Menu

Jacketitis

Started by Bigsky, Jun 06, 2008, 09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwxanderD10

yeah it never really goes away... my brother and dad i think wanna hit every time i bring them up or watch the okonokkos dvd! >:(

Love Dogg

QuoteCame down with Jacket-itis after seeing them at Lolla in 2007.

Since then I listened to "Z" and "It Still Moves", until "Evil Urge" dropped on June 10.  
Got "Okonokos" for Father's Day.  
Saw MMJ's Homecomig Celebration by the Ohio River in Derby-town in August.  
Downloaded it two days later.

[highlight]Except for a little of the[/highlight] new [highlight]Kings of Leon[/highlight], I have listened to MMJ daily for over a year now.  

2008 has truly been the "Year of the Jacket" for me.  Hope Jim James feels better fast and they close it out right on NYE in NYC.

Welcome, Derby.  You sound a lot like me.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Bigsky

My jacketitis is killing me...I was handling it fine before, but now that I have tickets to go see the boys it's worse than ever. Before, when I wasn't sure when I would see MMJ or Yim Yames I was fine; it was manageable. Now that I know the dates of the shows I'm going to...it has flared-up. It's bad...I can't stop the itch... :D

Erik26

I feel ya! Mine has subsided a little since Sasquatch because I don't have plans to go to any shows in at least the next couple months.  
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

woodnymph

THIS IS PURE GOLD FORUM THREAD. I'm glad it's been resuscitittied I mean resuscititus I mean you know

Beautiful

I'll be quoting and peeing myself laughing all night now(in no particular order), who needs sleep? The metal plate in my head should function just fine on a few hours of Z

I mean Z's.  :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

QuoteBy the way, I have recently found another band that I have become addicted to besides MMJ. Fleet Foxes are amazing! Do yourself a favor and pick up their self entitled album. They also have an EP, "Sun Giant ". Both are excellent. I just found them about 2 weeks ago and it has been refreshing to listen to some good new music. However, I still need my daily fix of MMJ.

I did not find these gents until February '09, but also immediately fell in and had them on repeat for the better part of a year...  the only reason they're not still en motion is that they haven't put anything new out in awhile (which I totally get.... in due time, in due time...) But Robin Pecknold's voice is golden for sure, and their harmonies take me places... [size=9]The fact that many of their songs are nature-esque only make the condition worse for me....as does their correlation to David the Gnome on their myspace[/size]

I should add, being in the Jacketitis thread, that I found out about them via Pandora, when I was listening to an MMJ station I'd made.  :P

QuoteI consider myself more of a Jacket slave or zombie--I hear their music and my mind shuts down as my body is earnestly drawn to the sound and I attempt to climb into the speaker and meld with the vibrations therein.

Note to Riny--we need a zombie smiley...
+1. [highlight]Kind of like when you take a cat by the scruff of the neck and it goes limp.
[/highlight]
Jacketitis strikes at any moment. [highlight]I'll think I'm cured and then put iTunes on party shuffle[/highlight]. A song like "It Makes No Difference" (happened yesterday!  :)) will come on and suddenly I'm at the computer picking the next Jacket tune...

I know I'm responding to msgs that are aged 2 years here, but this thread just has me goin.... Love the cat analogy and sharing the same symptom of 'almost cured' hahah not so fast! We've got a fever...and the only cure is More Jacketbell
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Bigsky

I'm starting to itch pretty bad...T5 can't come soon enough...

mahg33ta

I'm surprised there's ZERO Monsters of Folk talk here.   Is anyone going?   I remember when I saw them last time, the show cured my Jacketitis surprisingly well for a few months.

johnnYYac

QuoteI'm surprised there's ZERO Monsters of Folk talk here.   Is anyone going?   I remember when I saw them last time, the show cured my Jacketitis surprisingly well for a few months.

I've been wondering the same thing.  Folks in Texas unhappy with no MMJ shows in the spring or summer should be flocking to the ACL show.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

QuoteI'm starting to itch pretty bad...T5 can't come soon enough...

you catchin my ringworm?
that ship sailed a while ago, it's almost gone.  ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

rincon

QuoteBy the way, I have recently found another band that I have become addicted to besides MMJ. Fleet Foxes are amazing! Do yourself a favor and pick up their self entitled album. They also have an EP, "Sun Giant ". Both are excellent. I just found them about 2 weeks ago and it has been refreshing to listen to some good new music. However, I still need my daily fix of MMJ.

I did not find these gents until February '09, but also immediately fell in and had them on repeat for the better part of a year...  the only reason they're not still en motion is that they haven't put anything new out in awhile (which I totally get.... in due time, in due time...) But Robin Pecknold's voice is golden for sure, and their harmonies take me places... [size=9]The fact that many of their songs are nature-esque only make the condition worse for me....as does their correlation to David the Gnome on their myspace[/size]

I should add, being in the Jacketitis thread, that I found out about them via Pandora, when I was listening to an MMJ station I'd made.  :P

QuoteI consider myself more of a Jacket slave or zombie--I hear their music and my mind shuts down as my body is earnestly drawn to the sound and I attempt to climb into the speaker and meld with the vibrations therein.

Note to Riny--we need a zombie smiley...
+1. [highlight]Kind of like when you take a cat by the scruff of the neck and it goes limp.
[/highlight]
Jacketitis strikes at any moment. [highlight]I'll think I'm cured and then put iTunes on party shuffle[/highlight]. A song like "It Makes No Difference" (happened yesterday!  :)) will come on and suddenly I'm at the computer picking the next Jacket tune...

I know I'm responding to msgs that are aged 2 years here, but this thread just has me goin.... Love the cat analogy and sharing the same symptom of 'almost cured' hahah not so fast! We've got a fever...and the only cure is More Jacketbell
Just finished listening to the Fleet Foxes album. They should be ashamed of themselves. Some, make that most, of the songs are clever clones of MMJ. Sure the songs are original, not covers, but you could play this to some people and easily convince them it is MMJ. It is one thing to be influenced, but this is  not influence, it is imitation.

Bigsky

QuoteI'm starting to itch pretty bad...T5 can't come soon enough...

you catchin my ringworm?
that ship sailed a while ago, it's almost gone.  ;)

That's great PL...now we can hang without protection...

blucas

...my wife will attest that there is no cure.  My symptoms include hours on youtube, repeated plays of the okonokos dvd, constsnt lobbying of newbies to attend shows or really listen to their music, frantic searching for shows close within 5 or 6 hours driving distance, and lots of singing at the top of my lungs around the house.  She will get small bouts from time to time but I am a lost cause.

I always search for a scratch of my itch but never search for a cure!
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over