Jim's front man stance. Does it bother the band?

Started by fortbethel, Feb 01, 2007, 11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

Oh, and Patrick rules!!!

:P

He sure does... He isn't remotely shy about it, either.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

A_delle

if Patrick ever cuts that mane, I won't know WHAT to do...
still can't belive I didn't go talk to him at the High Sierra show... DAMNITALL! >:(

;D
-i got a fever,
and the only prescription
is more cowbell!

ms. yvon

I can buy a superkickass pair of shoes, but without the rest of the outfit - it's just a superkickass pair of shoes.  
[smiley=grin.gif]

also:  tracy, sparky is cute as a button.  science fact.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ManNamedTruth

lasange? lisagny? Are you guys talking about lasagna? Lasagna is delicious.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

DaFunkyPrecedent

tommy cut his hair...he still looks good.  But there is something about that main swinging in the lights that is pure magic.  

Next Topic:  Would My Morning Jacket be as good as they are with out their long hair??? I dont think they would...i bet jims voice would suck if he cut it all off.
God damn those shaky knees.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI'll say this... I've told alot of people that I sincerely hope Jim doesn't ever pick up a habit of solo tours. I'm deathly afraid of MY MORNING JACKET, as I know it, dissolving. The band has gone through several changes in the past, but where it is now, I think through it's music (not Jim's, but everyone's), it could someday be regarded as one of the greatest bands ever.

It already is, in my mind, of course, but I really believe the world is waiting to 'get it'...

Meeting the band was a comforting experience, because while they are aware of their superstar status (or whatever you want to call it), they aren't arrogant in the least... in fact, I'd say they may even be somewhat uncomfortable with it.

I think they have capably handled working together and flying solo--as demonstrated by Jim's solo gigs and Carl doing side collaborations.  I think they will always flock together after taking strolls down single tracks  (may even be like a recharge the batteries kinda thing--get out and play with out worrying about tightly following the structure of a studio track because you're in front of a bunch of the faithful).  And you're spot on about them seeming to be somewhat uncomfortable with the praises being (rightfully) heaped on them they are totally where they need to be onstage but drop their superhero capes when you rap with them privately...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ManNamedTruth

So do you guys ever see a Jim James solo album happening?

dragonboy

QuoteSo do you guys ever see a Jim James solo album happening?
What the f**k has that got to do with Lasagna?!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ManNamedTruth

Its ok, i think we're allowed to type the word fuck. Fuck.

vespachick

The way it goes with a nice chiante, that's how!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

dragonboy

The way it goes with a nice chiante, that's how!
I'm more of a Cabernet Sauvignon man myself. Can you recommend a good Chianti?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

vespachick

Any Chiate with a wicker basket 'round it. And if a guy named Luigi is selling to you, take it and run!   :o
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

dragonboy

Quotemama mia!!
What, the show? I was disappointed  :(
Grease on the other hand  :D