Jim's front man stance. Does it bother the band?

Started by fortbethel, Feb 01, 2007, 11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortbethel

I kept hearing the chant JIM JIM JIM at a recent show and just wondered. Very Springsteen/Miller/Morrissey. I mean Jim's really up front and spot lighted. No one else is earring the Kiss boots. ;)

Dee.

Maybe that would bother them if they all hated each other, but it seems like they've got nothing but love for each other. There's no weak link here - they rule ass together and they rule ass individually.

Now, we'd have to ask the crowd why they would chant only Jim's name. Maybe he was doing a scorchin' solo at the time. Or maybe it is all about the boots. ;)

Carl! Carl! Carl!
Jim! Jim! Jim!
Tom! Tom! Tom!
Pat! Pat! Pat!
Bo! Bo! Bo!

dragonboy

If you look around the forum carefully you'll find a lot of love for all the guys + interviews etc with Tommy, Patrick, Bo & Carl, not just Jim.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

I think it bothers Jim more than it bothers the rest of the band.

BH

Carl! Carl! Carl!
Jim! Jim! Jim!
Tom! Tom! Tom!
Pat! Pat! Pat!
Bo! Bo! Bo!

Do you think it bothers the rest of the band that deanna chose to put Carl first in her love chant for the band?  If I was Bo, I would be keeping my eye on deanna.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

QuoteI think it bothers Jim more than it bothers the rest of the band.

well said.
There's Still Time.........

Dee.

Carl! Carl! Carl!
Jim! Jim! Jim!
Tom! Tom! Tom!
Pat! Pat! Pat!
Bo! Bo! Bo!

Do you think it bothers the rest of the band that deanna chose to put Carl first in her love chant for the band?  If I was Bo, I would be keeping my eye on deanna.

;D Sorry, fellas. I knew I should have listed your names alphabetically!

megisnotreal

Carl! Carl! Carl!
Jim! Jim! Jim!
Tom! Tom! Tom!
Pat! Pat! Pat!
Bo! Bo! Bo!

;D Sorry, fellas. I knew I should have listed your names alphabetically!

just make their names all one word thusly:

carjibopatom!
carjibopatom!
carjibopatom!
carjibopatom!
carjibopatom!

8-)

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dee.

megisnotreal

carjibopatom

bojicarpatom

patombojicarl

jipatombocarl

tombocarjipat

yessss!

we are equal opportunity super-fans! 8-)

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

BH

[size=36]BO                                                  CARL                                                     JIM                                                                  PATRICK                                                     TWO-TONE[/size]

The DARK

I doubt it. They all seem to be very good friends, and they probably don't care what the masses think. The only thing that seemed to ever really bother them was the constant touring/recording, and I think they're over that now.
In another time, in another place, in another face

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

I think they all realize that Jim is the greatist frontman in Rock  right now and they all feel blessed to be sharing their journey with him.  

Part of being in a band is realizing your role. An artist like Jim James comes along once in a generation!
I will be there when you die!

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

DaFunkyPrecedent

i agree with Z man...Jim James is the brains of the opperation (writes and produces all the music & is creats the concepts of the stages and pre show rituals) and is also the voice (gives most of the interviews and speaks to his audience).  It's like asking if the rest of Primus feels insignificant cause all their fans love Les more.  I wouldn't think so, i think Primus along with MMJ realize they are apart of something that is special, innovative and timeless.  I hope Jim, Carl, Pat, Bo and Tommy all stick around together for awhile - im so proud to be apart of it all.  

I fucking love this band.  LOVE.
God damn those shaky knees.

dragonboy

Quotei agree with Z man...Jim James is the brains of the opperation (writes and produces all the music & is creats the concepts of the stages and pre show rituals) and is also the voice (gives most of the interviews and speaks to his audience).  It's like asking if the rest of Primus feels insignificant cause all their fans love Les more.  I wouldn't think so, i think Primus along with MMJ realize they are apart of something that is special, innovative and timeless.  I hope Jim, Carl, Pat, Bo and Tommy all stick around together for awhile - im so proud to be apart of it all.  

I fucking love this band.  LOVE.
Strongly disagreed!

If you truly love this band you wouldn't make silly comments comparing them to Primus & wouldn't write things like 'It's like asking if the rest of Primus feels insignificant cause all their fans love Les more."
By doing so you're suggesting that Jacket fans 'love' Jim more, which is not the case.
True Jacket fans love the Jacket as a whole, as a band. Yes Jim writes the songs & talks to the audience etc. The man is a genius & he is one of the greatest songwriters of our generation. We love Jim for what he is & what he's given us. But we love The Jacket as a band in the same way. Tommy, Patrick, Bo & Carl are lucky to be playing with Jim just as Jim is lucky to playing with them (they are four amazingly talented, tight musicians).
If you have been a fan for a while you will remember that the band considered calling it a day when
Johnny & Danny left. That says it all right there. My Morning Jacket is a band!
Sorry if I seem angry but it's silly, irrelevant comments like this in silly, irrelevant threads that do the band & it's fans no favours.

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

[/quote]
Strongly disagreed!

If you truly love this band you wouldn't make silly comments comparing them to Primus & wouldn't write things like 'It's like asking if the rest of Primus feels insignificant cause all their fans love Les more."
By doing so you're suggesting that Jacket fans 'love' Jim more, which is not the case.
True Jacket fans love the Jacket as a whole, as a band. Yes Jim writes the songs & talks to the audience etc. The man is a genius & he is one of the greatest songwriters of our generation. We love Jim for what he is & what he's given us. But we love The Jacket as a band in the same way. Tommy, Patrick, Bo & Carl are lucky to be playing with Jim just as Jim is lucky to playing with them (they are four amazingly talented, tight musicians).
If you have been a fan for a while you will remember that the band considered calling it a day when
Johnny & Danny left. That says it all right there. My Morning Jacket is a band!
Sorry if I seem angry but it's silly, irrelevant comments like this in silly, irrelevant threads that do the band & it's fans no favours.

[/quote]

you're right. :-[
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

DaFunkyPrecedent

ofcourse my morning jacket is a BAND...one would have to be silly not to think so.  But one can not deny the fact that Jim James is the brains to this entire beautiful innocent and inconviennet madness.  I love watching the entire band when i see them live...but you also have to remember Jim chose them to be the new memebers of the band, he understood that they could create the sound HE wants to hear.  Jim is the front man, he is the genius...and part of that genius is choosing the people he has to play with him and create the wonderful sound we know as My Morning Jacket.  Lets be real...
God damn those shaky knees.