Rhapsody celebrity playlist: MMJ

Started by corywaring, Sep 17, 2007, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleazy Rider

Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

megisnotreal

nice. seeing the christopher cross reminds me of when i was in elementary school. all my friends thought kris kross was awesome, and i thought they meant christopher cross, to which my dad rocked out on a regular basis. i remember bringing a cassette to show and tell, talking about how cool "chris cross" was, and playing said tape for the class. everyone laughed.  :-[ i guess they weren't down to "ride like the wind," but that's how we rolled on the mean streets of the grayson valley golf and country club.

Sleazy Rider

Killer, here's my childhood story from this playlist. When I was real young my parents were fanatical christians to the point that I could watch Saturday morning cartoons but I had to turn the commercials off. I couldn't even say fart, like it was a bad word or something, I had to say "poot". Anyways, a neighbor had that Digital Underground album and in the song Freaks Of The Industry, there is a little sex scene in it and I only remember one line from it where he says something like " Vanessa, the x-rated movie queen". So I would hear the song and get turned on like little kids often do and then I would go home and cry and ask forgivenes from God because I thought I was a bad person. I'm glad 'm not putting my boys through that shit, it fucks with your head man.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

cmccubbin@work

can you post the playlist?

my company's network won't allow to access the link!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

aMD

anyone want to throw a mixtape together for us?

Kory

Here's a quick copy paste from the site, I don't have time to clean it up but this will allow folks like c-Mc to check it.

Author's Comments
The guys from the Southern twang-rocking phenomenon known as My Morning Jacket totally bro'd down and hooked us up with a track list of some of the songs that inspired them. Guess what? It's not all Neil Young and Gram Parsons. But if you've been listening to Z, then you won't be surprised to see that they're into stuff like Digital Underground, Christopher Cross and Hall & Oates.
Author: My Morning Jacket
Genre: Rock/Pop
Category: Celebrity Picks
Created: Sep 29, 2005

1. Freaks Of The Industry       
Digital Underground

2. Baby Got Back       
Sir Mix-A-Lot

3. Crime Scene Part One       
Afghan Whigs

4. So Did We       
Isis

5. Highway Patrolman       
Bruce Springsteen

6. Whispering Pines       
The Band

7. Ascension Day       
Talk Talk

8. Mr. Bojangles       
Nina Simone

9. Late For The Sky       
Jackson Browne

10. The Ballad Of El Goodo       
Big Star

11. A Quick One, While He's Away       
The Who

12. Toy Soldiers       
Martika

13. Respect Yourself       
Bruce Willis

14. Sailing       
Christopher Cross

15. One On One       
Hall & Oates

16. Do Me!       
Bell Biv Devoe

17. It Takes Two       
Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock

Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

BH

Do Me!  Bel Biv Devoe!  Nice one.

The time was 6 o'clock on the Swatch watch
No time to chill, got a date, can't be late
Hey, the girl is gonna do me
Move to the Jacuzzi, ooh, that booty
Smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh, no
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Sleazy Rider

I had a friend he was kinda messed up, due to his head being flat like a basketball out of air, when he was born. His mom said the Dr. really had to pump his head up or something. Maybe that was her BS excuse for him being all f'd up and shit. Anyways, her name was Natha and everytime her son sang that song he would say "I love Natha, rub her down". About his own mom! And just betwen you and me, She looked like Freddy Krueger. Not killer at all!

Jon T.

QuoteI had a friend he was kinda messed up, due to his head being flat like a basketball out of air, when he was born. His mom said the Dr. really had to pump his head up or something. Maybe that was her BS excuse for him being all f'd up and shit. Anyways, her name was Natha and everytime her son sang that song he would say "I love Natha, rub her down". About his own mom! And just betwen you and me, She looked like Freddy Krueger. Not killer at all!

I think someone may have slipped some LSD in my afternoon coffee.

Sleazy Rider

No shit thats Oklahoma for ya, but only because the town I live in sits on the Akansas border. Luckily I'm a product of transplant, my dad is from Denver and my mom is from the OC.

BH

QuoteAnd just betwen you and me,

That might be the first time ever, that someone used that phrase on a message board! ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

rob

7. Ascension Day       
Talk Talk

Talk Talk.....incredible....love all their stuff.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

ChiefOKONO

i love it that bruce willis is on the list!

ratsprayer

7. Ascension Day       
Talk Talk

i was just listening to LAUGHING STOCK the other day and decided that 'ascension day' might be the best song ever.

i remember this playlist was posted quite a while ago, and i still can't sort why they chose that afghan whigs song.  the whigs are my favourite band ever, but crime scene part one might be my least favourite song of theirs.

bowl of soup

7. Ascension Day       
Talk Talk

i was just listening to LAUGHING STOCK the other day and decided that 'ascension day' might be the best song ever.

i remember this playlist was posted quite a while ago, and i still can't sort why they chose that afghan whigs song.  the whigs are my favourite band ever, but crime scene part one might be my least favourite song of theirs.

Here, here.  Very pleased to even see the Whigs mentioned though.  I beg people on a daily basis to listen to the Whigs and the Pixies - people think I'm disturbed.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.